Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?

Go down 
+4
mloy
TITW
chemicalpro
wilkang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? Empty
PostSubject: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:45 am

By Ryan Ballengee

Srixon Golf presents an interesting new product for 2010. It's a bit of a throwback, though. Now, reintroducing the yellow golf ball!

This time, though, Srixon is pushing a yellow ball with some science behind it that suggests that the colored ball may actually help you play better.

Srixon sent out a press release a few days ago introducing the ball and explaining the technology.

"By tapping into the psychology of hitting each shot and the visualization and calming effect at address, the Z-STAR"! and Z-STAR"! X Tour Yellow golf balls incorporate the science of visual perception with the psychology of color effect on the human brain."

"Science has proven that yellow is the most visible color in the visual spectrum and psychology has correlated green with calming and stress relief; therefore Srixon has combined the two colors based on these findings to tap into the player's mind and expand the benefits of playing a better ball."

It kind of makes sense. A few years ago, Nike Golf came out with their Maxsight athletic contact lenses with specific hues for sporting performance. The color that they chose for golf was grey-green. They were designed to help with reading greens.

The lesson of the story is that Paula Creamer may have incidentally been onto something when she chose to play final rounds with a pink ball. She may love the color—and it is part of her nickname—but it may also have a positive psychological impact, too.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 pm

I'd hit it I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Why not if it works Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm

I sometimes use yellow ball but my flight mate (golfbeginner) said that it looks like a egg yolk. The things that I have to bear. lol!
Back to top Go down
golfbeginner
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbeginner

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 pm

mloy wrote:
I sometimes use yellow ball but my flight mate (golfbeginner) said that it looks like a egg yolk. The things that I have to bear. lol!

Yeah Omega 3 Seng Chun Eggs bounce
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Looks like it's worth a try then...Yellow balls...time to get some..lol
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Green ball... isn't the color of the ball I used to play the game at KS NSRCC with you recently?

If memories serves... my first tee off slice badly and went OB leh... what technology... ^%#&^%#^$#^&%#^

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Bro..green is not the colour then...try yellow the next time round..lol

Oh and at least you got a birdie with that green ball. Laughing
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

i used to like yellow balls because of the so-called improved vis. but now, i feel that white balls have better vis... but srixon's new offering is interesting.... greenish yellow... hmmm
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 am

I was thinking that yellow ball will b better vis for night golf...but until I tried them, I still pref to use white ball...somehow the green became brighter at night and matches the yellow ball?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 am

I used a pink ball yesterday and it helped me... ermmm... in a way... by distracting my flight mate. Right?... Shorthitter??? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 am

I bought some yellow balls just to try it out, but not the new srixon range.
Pretty comfortable for the eyes i feel..esp under the sun.
Probably it's just something refreshing to me.. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

alvin7379 wrote:
I used a pink ball yesterday and it helped me... ermmm... in a way... by distracting my flight mate. Right?... Shorthitter??? lol!

Next round it'll be my yellow vs your pink.. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?   Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would You Play a Yellow Golf Ball If It Helped Your Game?
Page 1 of 1