Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls

Go down 
+12
meia07656
Vinny
Gofnut
flashpacker
Technospaz
pocketace
willytan
TDO
vinjess
s-killer
dyeosh
microgranules
16 posters
AuthorMessage
microgranules
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
microgranules

The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls Empty
PostSubject: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:51 am

Anyways, I have had the privilege of coming home to SG for the long weekends for a game with my colleagues.  It was also my 2nd time having a game with a colleague’s friend, X (let the unknown be ‘X’).  It became more apparent during the last game I had with X.

FYI - X and myself happened to use random mixed brands of golf balls 'S' and 'D' except other 2 who had their fav. brands they swore by it : )

I used brand S (had marking made) for the 1st 9 holes before I started to feel generous and ‘donated’ to big drains, water hazards and finally it mysteriously disappeared. I believe you would agree that there are instances where both players’ balls may land quite near to each under THAT palm tree/shrubs/roughs. 

There were couple of incidental tee-offs where both our golf balls landed (probably couple of) meters away each other.  We were quite sure ‘it was somewhere there’ together.  Accidentally, I found out when X was unable to locate the golf ball, and happened to see one within the radar, without hesitation will strike the ball.  When I walked up to where the golf ball (I think) landed; it was nowhere to be found despite after a quick search in the rough.  Lo and behold, it would mysteriously be on the putting green waiting for X – the EXACT ball that I used to tee off.

I went up to X and politely clarified on the brand of balls used and the markings made – X’s reply was, “I cannot remember, lost too many balls, I used whatever available in my bag, I don’t pay attention to the ball markings either”.  I took it at face value, smiled and walked away.  I can debate until the entire animal farm comes home on why I strongly felt that golf ball WAS mine - what is the point?  Heck it and carry on with the game.

X became very enthusiastic in helping me locate where my golf ball landed the next 5…

X’s dishonesty was something that puts me off big time.  We golfed on a social setting; not some Master’s Cup tournament 2013.  Seriously, even if one had to drop 10 balls throughout the game, air swung 5 times, go ahead because nobody is going to laugh at you?
Maybe next time I shall have the golf balls imprinted with pictures of Chao Phraya River.
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Use pink, blue or purple balls which is not common...... See how others can assume it is theirs....
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:20 pm

well, if i were you, i will always ask that player to check the ball before he execute any shot ...

this is to irritate him and to remind him that he needs to check the ball, else 2 strokes penalty Smile
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:34 pm

microgranules wrote:
Anyways, I have had the privilege of coming home to SG for the long weekends for a game with my colleagues.  It was also my 2nd time having a game with a colleague’s friend, X (let the unknown be ‘X’).  It became more apparent during the last game I had with X.

FYI - X and myself happened to use random mixed brands of golf balls 'S' and 'D' except other 2 who had their fav. brands they swore by it : )

I used brand S (had marking made) for the 1st 9 holes before I started to feel generous and ‘donated’ to big drains, water hazards and finally it mysteriously disappeared. I believe you would agree that there are instances where both players’ balls may land quite near to each under THAT palm tree/shrubs/roughs. 

There were couple of incidental tee-offs where both our golf balls landed (probably couple of) meters away each other.  We were quite sure ‘it was somewhere there’ together.  Accidentally, I found out when X was unable to locate the golf ball, and happened to see one within the radar, without hesitation will strike the ball.  When I walked up to where the golf ball (I think) landed; it was nowhere to be found despite after a quick search in the rough.  Lo and behold, it would mysteriously be on the putting green waiting for X – the EXACT ball that I used to tee off.

I went up to X and politely clarified on the brand of balls used and the markings made – X’s reply was, “I cannot remember, lost too many balls, I used whatever available in my bag, I don’t pay attention to the ball markings either”.  I took it at face value, smiled and walked away.  I can debate until the entire animal farm comes home on why I strongly felt that golf ball WAS mine - what is the point?  Heck it and carry on with the game.

X became very enthusiastic in helping me locate where my golf ball landed the next 5…

X’s dishonesty was something that puts me off big time.  We golfed on a social setting; not some Master’s Cup tournament 2013.  Seriously, even if one had to drop 10 balls throughout the game, air swung 5 times, go ahead because nobody is going to laugh at you?
Maybe next time I shall have the golf balls imprinted with pictures of Chao Phraya River.
At least you know someone hit your ball. I had few games with my friend at same course same Par-3. 1st time we saw his Orange ball landed on slope and roll into the fairway. When then whole flight went to the point and couldn't find any! Look around just can't find any orange ball. 2nd time is my ball landed beside bunker and same problem again, cannot see any. We swear this is a cursed Par-3.......
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:44 pm

On your next round, perhaps you should write your name on the ball. If you know that "X" hit your ball ask him to show you the ball and whether if his name is the same as yours.Cool 
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I usually lose an ave of 9-12 balls per 18 hole due to slices, tops n shanks into hazard, water or somewhere out there. But I always prepare at least 6-9 balls with my names since some of my kakis very onz (must make sure find the ball if not penalty) as they give a stroke.

I sometime also use a Rojak brand of balls when I m hitting badly to cut down on cost but the par3 can really swallow balls which I have encountered countless times when I play alone there.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Mate, just don't play with X if you can help it
Leopards cannot change their spots. They are just hardwired like this
Based on what you described, clearly he doesn't care whose ball is he hitting. If he doesn't get your message, then move on. 

Got another kaki, his colleague like to doctor his score and miraculously declare that r shoots 82 (should be more like 92 lor!) integrity issue, will never play with such players

Sometimes I join flight, get paired with very nice strangers. Exchange numbers and become my regular kaki.

Sometimes get paired with golfers from hell. There are these 2 chaps always play 9-hole morning games on weekends. They seemed to be in a rush, just wanna tee off and whack the ball. Once on the green, they pick up and move to next tee box. When i wanna read my line to putt, they already walk off... I'm like 'wtf?!' 

On another occasion, this chap I get paired with, he can hit bunker shots but he will never rake his foot print, he just plain refuse to. Another bastard golfer in my view
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Life is too short. Forgive and forget.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Use pink or yellow balls e.g Kasco
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 pm

TS, I am totally with you on this. Once I was paired with a golfer who frequently ding-dong his ball across the green on each chip but felt it was necessary that he paced the distances before executing his shot. Ended up with two balls holding up 3 balls behind us. After a while, I felt hot and bothered and told myself I did not pay good money to suffer. So I told him to proceed alone while I joined the 3 balls behind.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Gofnut wrote:
TS, I am totally with you on this. Once I was paired with a golfer who frequently ding-dong his ball across the green on each chip but felt it was necessary that he paced the distances before executing his shot. Ended up with two balls holding up 3 balls behind us. After a while, I felt hot and bothered and told myself I did not pay good money to suffer. So I told him to proceed alone while I joined the 3 balls behind.
The perils of watching too much Golf Channel
ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I also played with a golfer (from GR) who I noticed (after a couple of holes) that he was putting with my ball. When I asked him where he got it, he said that it was his. When I pointed out that it had my markings, he chuckled and was quite embarrassed.

He bought me a beer.

Life is really too short, drink up and forget Smile
Back to top Go down
microgranules
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
microgranules

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:44 pm

s-killer wrote:
well, if i were you, i will always ask that player to check the ball before he execute any shot ...

this is to irritate him and to remind him that he needs to check the ball, else 2 strokes penalty Smile
that's another way - doubt i'd be joining in such games should X be present.  imagine once is enough; i had it twice!
Back to top Go down
microgranules
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
microgranules

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Life is too short. Forgive and forget.
i wasn't pissed.  Rather, was annoyed.  hmmmm....silent
Back to top Go down
microgranules
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
microgranules

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 pm

pocketace wrote:
Mate, just don't play with X if you can help it
Leopards cannot change their spots. They are just hardwired like this
Based on what you described, clearly he doesn't care whose ball is he hitting. If he doesn't get your message, then move on. 

Got another kaki, his colleague like to doctor his score and miraculously declare that r shoots 82 (should be more like 92 lor!) integrity issue, will never play with such players

Sometimes I join flight, get paired with very nice strangers. Exchange numbers and become my regular kaki.

Sometimes get paired with golfers from hell. There are these 2 chaps always play 9-hole morning games on weekends. They seemed to be in a rush, just wanna tee off and whack the ball. Once on the green, they pick up and move to next tee box. When i wanna read my line to putt, they already walk off... I'm like 'wtf?!' 

On another occasion, this chap I get paired with, he can hit bunker shots but he will never rake his foot print, he just plain refuse to. Another bastard golfer in my view
yes, thanks but no thanks!  next trip back into SG...i rather get my own gal and guy friends
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 pm

flashpacker wrote:
Use pink or yellow balls e.g Kasco
Just got a bag of 30 yellow ball at NSRCC air force course for $30 for wifey since she always like to nick my golf ball which I have my names on.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 am

Honestly, there're just too many things to "bitch" about in life and getting irritated on the golf course is not one of them ~ agree with TS, just drink up or "suck it up" and move on.........
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 am

Vinny wrote:
Honestly, there're just too many things to "bitch" about in life and getting irritated on the golf course is not one of them ~ agree with TS, just drink up or "suck it up" and move on.........
Amem, brother.
life is too short.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 am

meia07656 wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Amem, brother.
life is too short.

bro, I hope all is good....

may a thousands "angels" live in your dreams every night.....
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:01 am

I have only played with this really nice old man that gave me advice and tips because I'm a junior golfer. He was really kind! He helped me with my green reading, which clubs to use and eventually he acted like a caddy! I would never forget his kindness, hope someday someone here will get to play with him! His swings are really smooth! We played at NSRCC Par 3 executive course, he gave me his lucky ball which was a really old titleist ball. "Just keep it in your bag, don't use it" he holed it in one with it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
microgranules
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
microgranules

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:14 am

There's always the good, the bad and the (coyote) ugly!
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 am

slinger wrote:
meia07656 wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Amem, brother.
life is too short.

Thanks.
I got lucky, could have been worse.
a second chance.
Not going to waste the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 am

There r all sorts of golfers out there. The assholes, u just play with them once and the last time. The good ones can become good frenz n buddies. 

For those who has yet to find good kakis, expand your circle.

Never ever let assholes affect you. Easier said than done I must admit and that is why most ppl settle down with a group that they are comfortable with. 

Golf is to be enjoyed. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings and enjoy good company over perfectly chilled beers! Golf is happiness! 

cheers Beer Swing Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:09 am

meia07656 wrote:
slinger wrote:
meia07656 wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Amem, brother.
life is too short.

Thanks.
I got lucky, could have been worse.
a second chance.
Not going to waste the opportunity.
Good to hear that Arron...

Need help, let us know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls   The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mysterious Golf Course that "devours" your golf balls
Page 1 of 1