Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Shoes

Go down 
+13
mika
JohnBGLee
hkhamateur
slinger
sob
tankudus
iron eagle
xtxtxtling
madmaru
DLWL
enwee
Sean76
jessica.ck
17 posters
AuthorMessage
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:42 pm

I'm wondering what kind of factors do we need to consider when buying a pair of Golf shoes. is there so called a 'better' brand and what's a reasonable price to pay for a beginner. Do they last?

Hope some experienced golfers can help me out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:45 pm

humble 2 cents....footjoy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:46 pm

jessica.ck wrote:
I'm wondering what kind of factors do we need to consider when buying a pair of Golf shoes. is there so called a 'better' brand and what's a reasonable price to pay for a beginner. Do they last?

Hope some experienced golfers can help me out Smile
No matter how much you paid, the most you can last it's around 2-3 years depending on the frequency you using. But currently those shoes with the look of the walking shoes are in fashion now, you can consider them. Adidas Adicross, FJ, Ecco or Duca.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:58 pm

How i choose:

1) Set my budget.

2) From the budget look for the models that you think you will like.

3) Shortlist then go down to the shops to check out.
I look for stability, for stable base.
Durablity, reviews or touching may help.
Comfort, to be able to walk 18holes if needed.

If it matters, haha,
I think that FootJoys and Pumas are not bad.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:25 am

golfing shoes and track shoes are same they have shelve life :

the glue used to stick the sole to the shoe will deteriorate over the years hence the issue of track shoes or golf shoes losing their sole

Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:41 am

not forgetting waterproof. very important especially in singapore
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:17 pm

You get those cheap sale golf shoes, can be from Pan West, Golf Direct these golf shoes are
cheap but they don't last more than a year as I have tried them!! Why they are old stock
and have been kept in their warehouse for a long time by the time you use it!

It's time up, shoes gave way.. so wise to get new stock pay a little more.

Recently bought one from Custom Golf Foot Joy ECL Leather system, very nice sole
look very lasting...and Beautiful pair of golf shoes!!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
tankudus
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm

KIKKOR
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:29 pm

iron eagle wrote:
You get those cheap sale golf shoes, can be from Pan West, Golf Direct these golf shoes are
cheap but they don't last more than a year as I have tried them!! Why they are old stock
and have been kept in their warehouse for a long time by the time you use it!

It's time up, shoes gave way.. so wise to get new stock pay a little more.

Recently bought one from Custom Golf Foot Joy ECL Leather system, very nice sole
look very lasting...and Beautiful pair of golf shoes!!

Cheers!
Not sure abt golf direct, but the last time I got a clearance shoes from pan west, 1st time on course all the spikes all gone after one hole, they kept in the warehouse until the glue dried up for the soles that pair of shoes only lasted me abt 9 months. Actually best time to get shoes is during Isetan sales, lot of last season shoes yet at huge discount. I got mine adipure then and up till now the shoe still very good even the spikes don't wear out so much best pair so far.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Got my Adidas from last year Adidas Expo sale, sole start to separate liao.
Was good while lasted.

Trying out my Truelinks now!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm

sob wrote:
Was good while lasted.

Depending on how long it was made and stored? I would not buy any shoes regardless of brand if it's more than 2 years in the warehouse.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:27 pm

enwee wrote:
sob wrote:
Was good while lasted.

Depending on how long it was made and stored? I would not buy any shoes regardless of brand if it's more than 2 years in the warehouse.

eh...... how u know its 2 years or more

can tell??

anyway, i always have 2 pairs n alternate them monthly.....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:51 pm

slinger wrote:
enwee wrote:
sob wrote:
Was good while lasted.

can tell??

Ya..gd to hve another pair fr wet weather these days. Alternately wear will b ideal. Very Happy

Actually, clearance shoes can buy bt must used immediately, never keep further. Bcoz nobody knw how long has it been kept! Wink
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:01 pm

slinger wrote:
enwee wrote:
sob wrote:
Was good while lasted.

can tell??

Well certain brand u can check on the web for the year it's out. My friend told me the bar code does tell also year manufactured but cannot rememeber which 2 numbers. To add on, I not sure does these applied to all shoes, but mine does, on the size tag there's a year of manufactured.
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Try Cricket Shoes ... Spikeless.

Back to top Go down
mika
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mika

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Actually I have a question regarding spikes. I am actually getting irritated with the spikes getting stuck with lots of grass after a game and also frequent changing due to damage. Thinking of going spikeless. Any downside to grip or stability?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:43 pm

mika wrote:
Actually I have a question regarding spikes. I am actually getting irritated with the spikes getting stuck with lots of grass after a game and also frequent changing due to damage. Thinking of going spikeless. Any downside to grip or stability?
I got a pair of the adicross, have not try on green yet, but i tried before in bunker in nsrcc, I find that it did not grip as well in bunker as the spikes, espcially when the sand is wet after rain.
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:43 pm

just curious about spikeless shoes too. i have a friend who uses them and tells me its more convenient since it can be worn outside of the golf course..

Now with my shoes spikes breaking up and the hassle of bringing it around only to wear on the course , could spikeless be a feasible option?

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:54 pm

bigrockshow wrote:
just curious about spikeless shoes too. i have a friend who uses them and tells me its more convenient since it can be worn outside of the golf course..

Now with my shoes spikes breaking up and the hassle of bringing it around only to wear on the course , could spikeless be a feasible option?

It's quite good, imho. But buy if you really need it.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:20 pm

mika wrote:

I am using both those with spikes and without golf shoes. I still like those with spikes compare to those without.

Just the feel is different for me in stability. However, it is really very convenience specially when you play overseas.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:25 pm

bigrockshow wrote:

Those shoes are good if the course is dry. Had one GRian playing in those spikeless shoes ... half way the rain came and he kept slipping as there is no grip. I still prefer the ones with spikes. Btw I have two pairs of shoes that I alternate.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
mika wrote:

I am using both those with spikes and without golf shoes. I still like those with spikes compare to those without.

Just the feel is different for me in stability. However, it is really very convenience specially when you play overseas.
That's a good point, especially if you are playing in australia....
Back to top Go down
tfong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Just to be sure, spikeless golf shoes are allowed on the course right? anyone tried it?
good traction on the course?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Shoes
Page 1 of 1