Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Shoes

Go down 
+12
TLHENG
TNRM
Ridox
Birdman
ghoonk
Batman
Ssquirrel
slinger
golfkaki
JohnBGLee
Duval_S
ninerzero
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ninerzero
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Any recommendations? Something soft, water-proof and lasting...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Foot Joy......cant go very wrong.
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Ecco at SunTec City having Sales now.
After discount still two hundren plus.

Actually it is up to each individuall preference.
I am a FootJoy fan.
Back to top Go down
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:27 pm

i prefer light and comfy... u shld consider PUMA with Smart Quill technology (very lightweight)
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:27 pm

depends on yr budget..... but if footjoy, then make it dryjoy, less than $200 but worth every penny
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:46 pm

FootJoy.... the soles lasting or not? albino
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:52 pm

the golf sale at Isetan Scotts have adidas which might be worth considering...
from $49 - $149...
good luck Smile

Last edited by Batman on Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Quote :
Ssquirrel wrote:
FootJoy.... the soles lasting or not? albino

Bro...I use FJ (in case....ppl mis-understood...its stand for FootJoy)

But mine quite cheapo....between 59-89 SGD only

So far so good....can last me 1+ year for the ones I have..(Disclaimer: I play one game a month...or max 2 times per month...and don range with them)

But super comfy...sometimes I felt its more comfortable then my Asics
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:10 am

My own personal experience

FJ falls apart after a year, except for my FJ Professional spikeless golf shoes
My Adidas have lasted 2 years so far
Callaway shoes don't give me enough lateral support and too much space at the toe area
Puma shoes have a really narrow cut, especially around the toe area.

I love my Adidas Tour 360 Ltd. If you want to get a pair of shoes that will last you a few years, go for the 3.0 or the 4.0. I have 2 pairs of the Tour 360 Ltd and I'm sure they will last another 2 years easily. Excellent fit, very comfortable, and very supportive.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:34 am

ghoonk wrote:
My own personal experience

FJ falls apart after a year, except for my FJ Professional spikeless golf shoes
My Adidas have lasted 2 years so far
Callaway shoes don't give me enough lateral support and too much space at the toe area
Puma shoes have a really narrow cut, especially around the toe area.

I love my Adidas Tour 360 Ltd. If you want to get a pair of shoes that will last you a few years, go for the 3.0 or the 4.0. I have 2 pairs of the Tour 360 Ltd and I'm sure they will last another 2 years easily. Excellent fit, very comfortable, and very supportive.

Ghoonk, gotta agree with you on the adidas Tour 360 Ltd. Great looks, tons of tech in the shoe and I love its softness right out of the box, plus the way it's just one piece of leather that forms the uppers. The spikes also don't get as much grass and dirt stuck inside of them compared to softspikes. Footjoy has by far been the standard in comfort for golf shoes thus far (The Dryjoys were my fave in the lineup and good value for money), but I think it's got a challenger in adidas now.

Can't wait to get my hands on a pair of the new adipure shoes to see how improved they are over the Tour 360 Ltd, or not. Pricey though.

As for the 3.0s, snuggest fit in a golf shoe I've come across, but a little too snug around the heel. Just too much stuffing in the heel lining that it chafes my achilles tendon when I tighten the laces. Not sure if they've addressed this issue in the 4.0s.
Back to top Go down
Ridox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:38 am

I have the adidas powerband sport and i love it, compared to my footjoys. It's apparently supposed to provide more lateral support which I didn't think would work, but it does! cheap and good, value for money i would say.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:42 am

I second Ghoonk's comment about the Footjoy faling apart after 1 year. I play virtually every weekend on buggy courses except for 3 - 4 weeks where I will play a daily 18 holer at a walking course. I have never had a footjoy that did not start leaking (even the venerable FJ Icon) after 9 months. My current pair of FJ Icon will be the last FJ shoes that I buy. I'm moving to Ecco but am having problems in getting the local distributor to bring in the World Class GTX.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:03 am

Birdman, the heel snugness is normal, need some time for it to take the shape of your heel. I think it is using Formfit foam or something.

I used to be a huge fan of footjoy and had the drydogs and cool-something. Comfortable as hell, but just not lasting. I'd love to get a pair of 4.0s now but have to wait till these 1.0s fall apart, which at this rate, will probably be at least 2 more years... Sad
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:47 am

i rotate my golf shoes every month, have both the FJ n Ecco for abt a year now, still pretty ok..... btw like my golf equipment, i clean my shoes well, i anal that way
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:49 am

thats a very good point....I do it for my soccer boots when i was younger and playing soccer.....but golf...aiyah...but true enough, I will make it a point now on to clean them...hope to last them >2 years..
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:08 am

Guys, the new ecco golf street premier shoe launch in April is very comfortable and good looking. Currently Fred couple is using in last few PGA tournament including the master. Looks like normal sneaker but has very tough sole. Can wear like normal shoe. Link below shows the product. Bought 1 in Las vegas for US$95.00. Most comfortable golf shoe for me so far.

http://www.ecco.com/int/en/collection/men/golf/39184/56495/detail.do;jsessionid=A79EECEEC83FA418E1C74C63ACED7DF7.a01
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:31 am

Why not try kikkors? Smile If you like the look.

www.kikkor.com

https://www.facebook.com/kikkorgolf?ref=ts
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:17 pm

OK...again went KLKK based on natural instinct......landed up in GH......did some review on the Adidas wear......

Bottomline...OK....ON.....will be getting an Adidas ....likely adicomfort....
Back to top Go down
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Kiwi them... they last longer...
Back to top Go down
EricSKH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Duval_S wrote:
OK...again went KLKK based on natural instinct......landed up in GH......did some review on the Adidas wear......

hi Duval,

How much is the adicomfort u found? N where is GH?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:56 pm

GH is golf house. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:58 am

EricSKH wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

hi Duval,

How much is the adicomfort u found? N where is GH?

If not mistaken, its 149 but lemme confirm.....(PS: that is part of my part time job...I am a golf surveryor... cheers )......

But I also liked the Adidas 'something' lite.....very chio..white with black stripes...very adidas.....tink going at 119....mite get that....will let you know.

Bottomline, I am trying to find an excuse for my bad golf.....hahahahah
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:03 am

Bro Duval, don't belittle your golf skill so much la. Your recent game was rather good playing with the GR boys right? ha ha picha lobang...kekekek lol!

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:42 am

Quote :
Tituman wrote:
Bro Duval, don't belittle your golf skill so much la. Your recent game was rather good playing with the GR boys right? ha ha picha lobang...kekekek lol!

titu

no choice leh...I am suffering fm 'Selective memory' ineffciency.....I only remember bad shots...hahahahah

BTW....I need to correct you....if you see how they drives...I don think you want to term them as Boys...even MEN is understatement.....I term them 'BEAST''....so freaking far
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

But how they arrive? In jalopy or Maserati haha... At least you arrived in Benz kekekke lol!

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Shoes   Golf Shoes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Shoes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next