Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?

Go down 
+31
mojojojo
billi
tfong
zhenxua
fata
daveaha
watermyforrest
katherinechiok
nientsu
dmateo
freedrop
uncleP
mloy
hkhamateur
teegem
haragolfer
Duval_S
Bangla123
shorthitter
tom201296
alvin7379
enwee
bigrockshow
jimmychoo
slinger
wolverine
ghfdhr
Turbo
Kengnam
TDO
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

slinger wrote:
my take:

if your kakis are good friends... then lets be auto a bit

afterall, good company transcends everything else....

if i think that my friends are taking me for a ride.... then i know who my real friends

similiarly, if i was to take a ride, i make sure my friend's geature is repricorated.... either finanically or a hearty meal

i will also offer to tompang him next time.....

one can play golf any day..... but good kakis are hard to come by

if they treasured your company.... they will do the right thing

jmho

200% Agreed !
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Need to be so calculative meh... I only request that my passengers lose all the wagers to me.. Cover my meals.. Sponsor my massages... If not... They can walk back with their golf bags... What a Face

Ya! Ya! I don't like to be calculative too but hor, they also take my money leh and I have to pay for the meals too. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tom201296
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

bigrockshow wrote:
wow..i actually wanted to post a thread and ask..but paiseh (since i'm sure most golfers do drive)

I'm one of the foot soldiers here and my kakis do golf in JB. When we go, one guy drives and he pays for everything. we compensated by lunch and beer after the game.

just curious, has anyone tried taxi to JB? they do pickup from address in Singapore to anywhere in JB i think

Cost should be quite reasonable (since minus the dangers of accidents, car theft, petrol etc)

Just throwing the idea out. anyone?

Well as I dont drive too, I am lucky to also have a bunch of golf kakis giving me rides. I will buy them breakfast and dinner to appreciate the effort. some of the kakis, I will pay them say $20 sin transport fee and breakfast. Sometime, I "gian" to play golf and no friend free, I call this transport company (JB) who does transport servce from your hm to golf course and back hm at $60 per trip (total $120) thru and fro. additional pick up point at $5 more. orchard and legend is around $70-75, others near by $60. The contact is as follows: Ah Tin 60 127098938. Anyone wanna share cost of transport and play together most welcome.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm

"Well as I dont drive too, I am lucky to also have a bunch of golf kakis giving me rides. I will buy them breakfast and dinner to appreciate the effort. some of the kakis, I will pay them say $20 sin transport fee and breakfast. Sometime, I "gian" to play golf and no friend free, I call this transport company (JB) who does transport servce from your hm to golf course and back hm at $60 per trip (total $120) thru and fro. additional pick up point at $5 more. orchard and legend is around $70-75, others near by $60. The contact is as follows: Ah Tin 60 127098938. Anyone wanna share cost of transport and play together most welcome."

Wah! Bro tom201296, must be quite expensive for you to golf when your friends are not golfing.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Wow you guys are harsh, we go golfing to have fun, someone wants to chip in ok, but I don't expect it or ask for it... all mates after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
tom201296
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

TDO wrote:
"Well as I dont drive too, I am lucky to also have a bunch of golf kakis giving me rides. I will buy them breakfast and dinner to appreciate the effort. some of the kakis, I will pay them say $20 sin transport fee and breakfast. Sometime, I "gian" to play golf and no friend free, I call this transport company (JB) who does transport servce from your hm to golf course and back hm at $60 per trip (total $120) thru and fro. additional pick up point at $5 more. orchard and legend is around $70-75, others near by $60. The contact is as follows: Ah Tin 60 127098938. Anyone wanna share cost of transport and play together most welcome."

Wah! Bro tom201296, must be quite expensive for you to golf when your friends are not golfing.
wellbro once a month $120 plus my wife company (play together) ok lah. Other weekends my golf kakis lobang me meh. No choice when the urge comes must play leh...
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Well there's always Bintan if you guys dont want to drive
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Quote :
Bangla123 wrote:
Well there's always Bintan if you guys dont want to drive

i will vote this for best reply of the month
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Er , are you able to buy nsrcc membership? Cheaper than your car rental to play golf.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:23 am

Sorry bros/sis,

I hope my thread didn't offend anyone. It's not my intention. I just want to have a feel of what is fair reimbursement. It may be sensitive to some of you who don't drive. For this, I apologise if I have offended you in any way. It is also to let off steam. Peace

Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am

Hi, i think that this is a great thread. Most times, we take things for granted. I think reimbursement for petrol & tolls are good and free lunch & dinner for driver is appropriate! This is a good time to refresh ourselves & not things for granted with our friends. Friendship is invaluable! Good day for all. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 am

TDO wrote:
Sorry bros/sis,

I hope my thread didn't offend anyone. It's not my intention. I just want to have a feel of what is fair reimbursement. It may be sensitive to some of you who don't drive. For this, I apologise if I have offended you in any way. It is also to let off steam. Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 900153

i dun think u have.... i think its a fair statement

when i read this thread, i know where's its leading to.... n i do feel some measures of resentment on your part

your situation is very similiar to what i had many moons ago, so i can empathize with u....

good kakis can not easy to find..... hope u find yours
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 am

slinger wrote:
if your friends tell u cos his car is a A... or B.. or M......., scared to drive to JB

then your car is WHAT!!!!!
I do know a lot of people like that, when they wanna go golf or do anything in malaysia. Not only JB, KL also. JB maybe a bit dangerous if you go tacky place after golf lah even local told us certain place not to go after golf. But KL, I think should bt ok....pls lor, you are not the only A, B or M in KL.

Btw I can't help notice that all these cars the boot not very friendly to golf bag, like the camry or the altis. altis can easily put 4 stand bags.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Kengnam wrote:
All my golf kaki drive very good car,only me drive Toyota 1.6cc...so always me to take them in Embarassed
Hahaha..poor bro kengnam. Very Happy Sad
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 am

wolverine wrote:
For me, more straightforward. Depending on how much is the toll fees plus makan plus petrol pump full before reaching singapore, divide by the no. of people in the car including the driver.

Cheers

Yeap. Tats fair enough otherwise e owner n driver of tat vehicle need to voice up b4 e game. Me n my kakis usually does tat. Very Happy
And i believed many here does e more or less same calculatn abv. Wink
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 am

I remember in the mid 1990s we were not that calculative. But nowadays with increasing petrol prices, toll fees, maintenance, insurance, wear & tear, risks, etc., it's just quite difficult to absorb the cost on a regular basis. If once in a blue moon, I definitely would not ask for cost sharing. Embarassed

The only plus point for the driver is to pump cheaper petrol on the way back. Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 am

When I join a group to play in JB I'll state that I need transport. If so happen my kakis/friends are staying nearby they always give me a lift. Some even go out of their way to pick me up from my home and send me back. (To all of you I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you). There were never any discussion about compensation.

To be fair I normally join flight with people I know or have played with before. But there was this one time where I don't know anybody in that flight. I needed transport and this GRian was so sweet......he went out of his way to pick me up from my place and send me home too. Face Hug To return his sweetness I bought him breakfast.

If I play in S'pore I either take a lift from friends staying in the same area or if they don't drive we share a cab.

I have this to say.............I am so blessed to have made so many friends in GR.

To my friends..... I lup chu Face Hug

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 am

Being a woman has its advantage. Smile
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 am

Return trip to eg Plam villa or resort, 100 kilo, petrol about 10 L, toll charges, .....
what ever, will cost something like 31(fuel) + 7 (causeway & JB) + ... approx 50 RM
So if you want the KaKi to keep driving, WE normally pay him or her $10 Sing each.
Unless... they need your good words or you are handy.
Nothing comes free.
Not calculative.
What about U drive once a while??? CHEAP petrol still have to come out $$$$
or stay at home play cyber golf. still have to pay electric bill,,,, hor
Good luck TDO
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 am

uncleP wrote:

Return trip to eg Plam villa or resort, 100 kilo, petrol about 10 L, toll charges, .....
what ever, will cost something like 31(fuel) + 7 (causeway & JB) + ... approx 50 RM
So if you want the KaKi to keep driving, WE normally pay him or her $10 Sing each.
Unless... they need your good words or you are handy.
Nothing comes free.
Not calculative.
What about U drive once a while??? CHEAP petrol still have to come out $$$$
or stay at home play cyber golf. still have to pay electric bill,,,, hor
Good luck TDO

Most of the time I drive (95%). But nowadays don't golf with this group of friends anymore after I joined Poresia. So much nearer instead of Legends or Orchard which they frequent. Journey to and fro is about 180km for me.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am

I golf with different groups driving into JB, mostly seniors/retirees trying to burn off our savings before we kick the buckets. It has been an unwritten rule, etiquette, that we share expensese. Our standard rate is RM20 per passenger, in appreciation for driver's service and wear and tear of his car, risks of traffic offences and damage, and his attention on the road.

Usually the same guy will volunteer, or encouraged to volunteer, to drive as the rest of us either don't like driving, or our car cannot take in 4 bags. If it's an isolated case of an overseas visitor(s), they are offered as hospitality free local transport, and meals. But if it's a regular feature, I think it is unfair for the same driver to keep paying for petrol while the rest enjoys free rides, regardless of whether they are men or women. There are some who tend to take advantage of free rides, but after a few games, they will be playing cyber golf at home, wondering why their phones don't ring again.

Not a case of being calculative, but a case of financial decency.

Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:35 pm

TDO, what happen? they dont drive you for a change ?

So , good friends or not, dont pay , drive your own car or make your way there yourself.
beside, they can pump their own CHEAP petrol.

I had enough of my car is new, or expensive brand, or my wife wanna use the car , even if I dont know the way, follow behind or buy a GPS.

SHARE THE COST, unless, .................
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm

some people actualy enjoy driving... so I guess it depends on the person and I guess if you're their friends you should know what their preference is.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 pm

uncleP wrote:
TDO, what happen? they dont drive you for a change ?

So , good friends or not, dont pay , drive your own car or make your way there yourself.
beside, they can pump their own CHEAP petrol.

I had enough of my car is new, or expensive brand, or my wife wanna use the car , even if I dont know the way, follow behind or buy a GPS.

SHARE THE COST, unless, .................

Like I mentioned earlier, they have cars but chose not to drive citing various reasons. I would very much prefer if those with cars take turns to drive unless you don't have a car. For that I can't blame you.

I don't mind paying too but I cannot always ask my friends to drive. I'd feel bad too if I have a car.

I am only asking for fair play.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm

those are wat you call 'frens', and from them there will be no fairplay.

Come to think of it, the only fairplay you did for yourself was to split away from them and join poresia. Pity such practises have no standard etiquettes to it. On the contrary, since there are no standards, initiatives has to be practiced. Clearly, they have none of it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next