Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?

Go down 
+31
mojojojo
billi
tfong
zhenxua
fata
daveaha
watermyforrest
katherinechiok
nientsu
dmateo
freedrop
uncleP
mloy
hkhamateur
teegem
haragolfer
Duval_S
Bangla123
shorthitter
tom201296
alvin7379
enwee
bigrockshow
jimmychoo
slinger
wolverine
ghfdhr
Turbo
Kengnam
TDO
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Do you guys share costs on the car pool when golfing in JB?

Please share your arrangement on the reimbursement. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Three balls will paid $20 ringgit each for gas and one meal makan for driver,this wat we done.Izzit fair enough?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Kengnam wrote:
Three balls will paid $20 ringgit each for gas and one meal makan for driver,this wat we done.Izzit fair enough?

This is almost similar to what my kakis and I have in-placed. However, for 3 balls, we each pay MR25 + free lunch to the driver. For 4 balls, we each pay MR20 + lunch to the driver. The driver will handle the patrol + toll fees.
Back to top Go down
ghfdhr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:02 pm

bump Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? Www.50centloseweight
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

What is the reimbursement for entry from 2nd Link and Woodlands?

I think reimbursement should be higher from 2nd Link due to higher toll fees plus also should depend on where is the destination. For example:

1. Poresia
2. Palm Villa/Palm Resort/The Legends/Orchard (Can be classified as same since about same)
3. Kukup
4. Tg. Puteri
5. Ponderosa/Austin Hills

I think the driver is also taking more risk by providing the car, wear & tear, etc.

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Previously when I golf with my friends, the reimbursement for the driver (also provide the car of course) would be as follow which covers all toll fees, petrol, wear & tear, risk of theft, etc.:

1. Poresia - 4 balls = S$10/ball, 3 balls = S$12/ball, 2 balls S$15/ball
2. Legends/Orchard/Palm Villa/Palm Resort/Kukup = 4 balls = S$12/ball, 3 balls = S$15/ball, 2 balls S$20/ball
3. Ponderosa/Austin Hills - 4 balls = S$10/ball, 3 balls = S$12/ball, 2 balls S$15/ball
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

For me, more straightforward. Depending on how much is the toll fees plus makan plus petrol pump full before reaching singapore, divide by the no. of people in the car including the driver.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:50 pm

No wonder nobody in my ex-group want to drive even though they have cars. And I for one am the only one who almost always drive. The reimbursement should be higher for the driver who provide the car because of the various risks involved plus wear & tear. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:51 pm

back to my old JB days....

we give S$20 pax for the ride anywhere in JB.....
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:00 pm

And petrol prices are also very high now. Plus my car is a guzzler. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:11 pm

My friend will pick me up, send me to the golf course, send me back.
In exchange, I will give him 7-7 on match play.
We are not particular about how much to share on the car pool as sometimes I will drive my car too. cheers
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

wow..i actually wanted to post a thread and ask..but paiseh (since i'm sure most golfers do drive)

I'm one of the foot soldiers here and my kakis do golf in JB. When we go, one guy drives and he pays for everything. we compensated by lunch and beer after the game.

just curious, has anyone tried taxi to JB? they do pickup from address in Singapore to anywhere in JB i think

Cost should be quite reasonable (since minus the dangers of accidents, car theft, petrol etc)

Just throwing the idea out. anyone?
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

bigrockshow wrote:
wow..i actually wanted to post a thread and ask..but paiseh (since i'm sure most golfers do drive)

I'm one of the foot soldiers here and my kakis do golf in JB. When we go, one guy drives and he pays for everything. we compensated by lunch and beer after the game.

just curious, has anyone tried taxi to JB? they do pickup from address in Singapore to anywhere in JB i think

Cost should be quite reasonable (since minus the dangers of accidents, car theft, petrol etc)

Just throwing the idea out. anyone?

what i think is...like that you better golf at S'pore confused
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:21 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
My friend will pick me up, send me to the golf course, send me back.
In exchange, I will give him 7-7 on match play.
We are not particular about how much to share on the car pool as sometimes I will drive my car too. cheers

If it's anywhere in Singapore is fine and safer. But in JB.... you never know the risk involve.
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:21 pm

actually with the cost spread out..still much cheaper then SG. plus the food and beer is awesome

these are Singapore taxis or chartered taxis
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:24 pm

That's why they don't want to drive and take risk and I am willingly foolish to play the role. But then again, I "gian" play golf and cannot afford Singapore membership so "bo pian". Lunch or dinner is split bill including the driver. Swing
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 pm

As long everyone can come to term how much for reimbursement, thats fine. To me, toll fee and petrol covered will be suffice, if we need to take into account of risk of theft, wear and tear, these are quite debatable on the amount. Just enjoy the outing with your friends.

Last edited by 2008 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Just curious, do u guys meet somewhere or you go pick one by one?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:31 pm

my take:

if your kakis are good friends... then lets be auto a bit

afterall, good company transcends everything else....

if i think that my friends are taking me for a ride.... then i know who my real friends

similiarly, if i was to take a ride, i make sure my friend's geature is repricorated.... either finanically or a hearty meal

i will also offer to tompang him next time.....

one can play golf any day..... but good kakis are hard to come by

if they treasured your company.... they will do the right thing

jmho
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 pm

if your friends tell u cos his car is a A... or B.. or M......., scared to drive to JB

then your car is WHAT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 pm

TDO wrote:
That's why they don't want to drive and take risk and I am willingly foolish to play the role. But then again, I "gian" play golf and cannot afford Singapore membership so "bo pian". Lunch or dinner is split bill including the driver. Swing

i feel for u......
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

slinger wrote:
if your friends tell u cos his car is a A... or B.. or M......., scared to drive to JB

then your car is WHAT!!!!!
My car is considered worthless compared to their Corolla Altis, Mistubishi Lancer, Mercedes. Sad
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:51 pm

I have suggested taking turns to drive but they kept quiet. I also keep quiet and decided to join Poresia with a good friend colleague. We take turns driving.

As for my "friends' they no longer have any willing driver and have rented a MPV instead and pay $300 for the rental, including the driver and on top of that, dinner is thrown in for the rental driver. I never see them that generous to me. Sad But of course, from what I heard they no longer golf since the cost has now increased drastically.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Need to be so calculative meh... I only request that my passengers lose all the wagers to me.. Cover my meals.. Sponsor my massages... If not... They can walk back with their golf bags... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm

All my golf kaki drive very good car,only me drive Toyota 1.6cc...so always me to take them in Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?   Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you guys share car pool cost when golfing in JB?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next