Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

which type of clubs to buy for newbies?

Go down 
+9
bogeyman72
Lisy
Turbo
poresia
Derek
enwee
angyongshen
danielho81
13 posters
AuthorMessage
danielho81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

which type of clubs to buy for newbies? Empty
PostSubject: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Anyone can advise me what types of clubs to buy for beginner?
I am looking an PING club which seems quite good.

thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

I am interested to know as well. Razz Currently using all pre-owned clubs....
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Actually depending on what's your budget like? Are you looking at those all in one set or just certain particular brand of set?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t15940-recommendations-for-irons-for-beginners

topic discussed quite a few times, try reading the thread above first and scroll for older threads in the golf equipment topic
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 pm

cavity back irons, graphite shaft.
best is those sell as whole set with putter, driver, fariway woods, hybrid n irons n golf bag.

forget about 3 n 4 irons.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm

For newbies, do not invest in expensive set because your swing is still in transient mode and may need to upgrade once your skill improves.

Last edited by Turbo on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 pm

danielho81 wrote:

thanks in advance. Smile

PING is pricy because it is customised to individual. If you are buying second hand PING, then it is not customised for you, hence you may not reap the full benefit of the PING club.

Buy a second hand set will be a better idea. 2 senerio: if you are better in a year or two, likely you will change club. If 3 months down the road, you dont like the game, at least you hasn't spend much.
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 am

My beginner set is my parent who got for me.. (The Best my parent can find at that time)..
stay with me for many many many years..

I do not even want to change to any other things.. as I cannot find anything better than that anymore..

Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:04 am

Check out GR "Market Place" or "Second Chance Project"... all the good used stuff @ great prices!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:24 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
Check out GR "Market Place" or "Second Chance Project"... all the good used stuff @ great prices!
Very Happy

Thanks for the advertisement bro..

For those P2C (project 2nd chance) supporters.. good news.. just a PM from a Golf Pro that he wants to donate some clubs.. no wait... not some.. is a lot of clubs...

I will go down and take a look over the weekends.. stay tuned for my posting Smile

PS: getting a bit worried about storage space... HELP
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 am

depends on how serious you are with the game.
if you're just getting the hang of it, just use the loan club from someone is the better choice (you don't spend a dime).
Once you decided you will get serious, then buy a club.

what club ? for me I don't like to second guess between my inadequate skills and my club, so I buy a decent club. I think it was TM R7 CGB Max. Key is buy a decent one and probably a super game improvement one on that. Once your swing is consistent and you would like to step up your game, then get a blade.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 pm

The Rocketbladez!! U can beg your $$$ on!

Taylormade

Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 pm

danielho81 wrote:

thanks in advance. Smile
Suggestion: Don't get it first unless you are really interested.

Use your coach's club or maybe just borrow a friend's cavity back 7I. Steel or graphite doesn't really matter (I started learning with steel shafts).

Why did I say that? A good friend of mine wasn't very sure if he wanted to learn golf after I'd warned him that learning golf is not a matter of "I take 10hr lessons and will know how to play liaoz", but it takes many 10hrs in between each 10hrs to get it right. Well, he went ahead and bought a complete set of Wilson cavity back clubs even before he started lessons.....

And now he's stuck with a full set of clubs that he has no idea how to play each club properly, he's not very sure if he's keen to continue and nobody really wants to ask him out on the Green cos he hasn't even how to launch 3 out of 10 balls properly on his 7I.

Take your time, learn with used Irons or borrow your instructor's club. Once you are dead set sure that you can commit long term to this sport, then look at 2nd hand Irons. There are lotsa good 2nd hand irons out there going for cheap (2nd Chance Project and eBay are very good resources). Once you find a good set of Irons that you think you can handle and think its good, stick to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm

get a secondhand set will do. once you have improved, then you can buy a better set. to be safe, go for the ones that has big heads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which type of clubs to buy for newbies?   which type of clubs to buy for newbies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which type of clubs to buy for newbies?
Page 1 of 1