Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbies to Golf

Go down 
+14
TimLai
bayby
vinjess
TeD
Marlb0r0
chloeseow
Losland
zhanhong
Ghostarr
toonified
Andynice
andlpc2009
Turbo
huiling12
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
huiling12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 11:01 am

Hi Everyone,

I just started golf 2 months ago and would like to find some friends to play golf together. However, I am not the member of any golf club. I am happy to join your guys to play together. If you have spare slot please let me know. Many thanks.   Very Happy

H.L
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Hello ... Welcome on board ... You prefer to play on weekend or weekdays? BTW, are you a dude or dudette? Smile
Back to top Go down
huiling12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:05 pm

I am.fine if the timing matches. i am.available on some of the weekdays.SmileSmile dudette. Lol. Is it impt? Because no strength arh?:'(
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 6:56 pm

You have a handicap? If u wanna play in MBGC, you need one. Otherwise, you need to pay $10 for a swing test conducted by the resident Pro there ... This license will last you for a month. These days (especially weekdays) I usually golf locally like MBGC and OCC ... Wink
Back to top Go down
huiling12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 7:42 pm

i hv pc at the moment. My fren told me it is hard to maintain handicap. in sg, only a few place need handicap N most oversea golf dun really need a handicap. A pc will do the job. correct me if i am wrong?

Oh ic. I usually swing at occ.Smile
Back to top Go down
andlpc2009
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
andlpc2009

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:03 pm

I am on leave from 23 Feb 15 to 26 Feb 15 .
think I would like to  pop over to Malaysia for a round of golf.
Care to join.
I am PC holder.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 pm

huiling12 wrote:
i hv pc at the moment. My fren told me it is hard to maintain handicap. in sg, only a few place need handicap N most oversea golf dun really need a handicap. A pc will do the job. correct me if i am wrong?

Oh ic. I usually swing at occ.Smile

Not difficult to maintain ... Just submit your score wherever you played ... You can join MyGolfKaki where it will maintain the handicap for you plus insurance coverage and you can play at OCC at the same price playing at MBGC ... Wink

Can u hit the ball decently now? No need to be far since u will be teeing off at the "Forward Tee box" ... able to hit the ball forward is ok even though u have double/triple bogey in most of the holes ... Laughing

There was once a 30-something years old lass joined flight with us and she has good fundamental but not able to hit far ... At least she would not lose ball or spray the ball wildly and disrupt other flight mates' game ... Cool
Back to top Go down
huiling12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 am

Oh. Ic. U mean Mygolfkaki will help you to keep track? The handicap must be done under their side or it is based on a monthly subscription fee?

Hitting is ok for me now. Distance wise not far but also not very near ya. lol. Weak on my chipping and putting.  Crying or Very sad

So far, I tried mandai exec and Jurong exec. No ball lost as yet. *Finger-crossed* *hope I dont jinx myself* 

I know Jurong one is too easy. >.<
Back to top Go down
huiling12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 am

Any PC holders ard? Very Happy Probably we can form a group whatapps chat and then get to learn from one another?
Back to top Go down
Andynice
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:44 am

huiling12 wrote:
Oh. Ic. U mean Mygolfkaki will help you to keep track? The handicap must be done under their side or it is based on a monthly subscription fee?

Hitting is ok for me now. Distance wise not far but also not very near ya. lol. Weak on my chipping and putting.  Crying or Very sad

So far, I tried mandai exec and Jurong exec. No ball lost as yet. *Finger-crossed* *hope I dont jinx myself* 

Since Mandai and Jurong no sweat, I think you should try Champions if you had not already done so.
Back to top Go down
huiling12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:01 am

Andynice wrote:
huiling12 wrote:

Since Mandai and Jurong no sweat, I think you should try Champions if you had not already done so.
no ball loss equal to no sweat? I thought I was just beginner luck. Will want to try mandai course once again.

Sorry, what is Champion? Neutral
Back to top Go down
toonified
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 am

Turbo, always play weekdays, like a boss!

Agree jurong exec course is boring as it is mainly flat and straight. 

What u can do is instead of hitting 130m from tee off to pin, take a 100m approach shot to practice your approach, then a 30m pitch to train your short game. 

Since it goes for 2 rounds of 4 holes, u can actually practice quite a variety of shots there.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:08 pm

toonified wrote:
Turbo, always play weekdays, like a boss!
Me not boss lah ... Juz a salary worker ... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:09 pm

huiling12 wrote:

PM me your number and I can whatsApps u for a game at MBGC ... When u usually practice at OCC and what time?
Back to top Go down
Ghostarr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi Huiling

Me and another friend have also just started (about 3 months ago). We have yet to get a PC but will probably be getting one soon. We normally play at Champion's golf on weekends and you are welcome to join us (however, we do start fairly early though, i.e. around 7.15am, just after first tee off). To give you an indication of our level, our 9-hole scores at Champions are around 60-65. I know it's pretty bad but we're making steady improvements and hope we can break the 60 mark before we take the PC test.

If you're interested to play with us, send me a PM and I'll invite you to our golf chat group on whatsapp and you can also join us at the range. We usually go to either Toa Payoh or Champions. Our instructor is at Bishan so sometimes we go there too.
Back to top Go down
zhanhong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi all, I am interested in golf on weekdays too probably in the afternoon. Range wise i usually go occ or punggol, sometimes toa payoh. Anyone care to take me in too?
Back to top Go down
Losland
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 am

Hi all, i just got my pc. Looking for kaki to play on the green.
Back to top Go down
chloeseow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi, i am interested too. Preferably green on weekdays morning or afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Marlb0r0
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 2:38 pm

i am interested as well
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 7:09 pm

I no pc no hcp, can I join, I restarted golf after 5 years of stoppage
Back to top Go down
chloeseow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes. Of cos. We are all beginners anyway. Maybe we can start arranging for a game soon?
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:23 pm

So many like to play weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Marlb0r0
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 pm

weekdays less crowded, better for beginners. hehe
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:30 am

Depends on where u play.. i think I shld play weekdays also.
Back to top Go down
bayby
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Anyone keen on having a game at jb on saturday? Please let me know!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbies to Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies to Golf   Newbies to Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbies to Golf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next