Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons

Go down 
+95
shimizu.toruk
snagy23
ping golfer
swordwind
essentiale
Gofnut
kwannick
bogeyman72
diveheck
DiVoTion
ahhoe
bryanachong
willie24
imrog
golfzilla
guangzhao
jhan18
albhedrin
okb
kyleyann
whistler
paul@golf
odyssey23
jinglejangle
acidic88
WILL33
kevinhwc
Bear
Tokkokking
adenn20
davechew8381
doink24
botak
Begbie
Sayhun
maslie
BabyCroc
Yarra
ralliartlancer
sob
timang84
bigbanana14
enwee
aquaman
jtek
duffader
nrafee
haragolfer
pippin
crayon33
samT
Ssquirrel
blong
jurongtiger
Cyrano
4dtoto
jeffman88
benedictteo83
angeldogleslie
limkh927
nicasio
frosTEE
asahi
mengteck71
den
Najibapark
Paulgadene
ahnah
TigaWood
Duval_S
beehome
S70B
i
DRGjr72
eiji
jaketang
zhenxua
Derek
Gray
BigblackGoof
audi
pocketace
drawbias
skybobo
slinger
blee67
nientsu
Technospaz
shorthitter
golf_snowman
Turbo
DGman
Christo72
pushslice
grooveballer
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 am

hi DRGjr72,
i like ur reasoning abt swinging easier. A scratch player once told me the same thing. The problem is for most of us, we want to max out the distance per club n then all sorts of problems set in. Tha'ts why our scores always high.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 am

beehome wrote:
hi DRGjr72,
i like ur reasoning abt swinging easier. A scratch player once told me the same thing. The problem is for most of us, we want to max out the distance per club n then all sorts of problems set in. Tha'ts why our scores always high.

There are times where you need to "hit" it hard to try and max distance. But there are times where you need to control the ball and guide it in more of a general direction.

When I was a professional I had the chance to work with some of the guys under Jim McLean during a seminar and they showed us a compilation of studied videos of touring professionals taken at Doral over the course of several years. They would set up on several holes (par 5, par 4, par 3) and take video of the swings. One thing they noticed is that with the driver on average the touring professional swung very aggressively and hard (attempting to maximize distance). On the par three holes they noticed that only on a rare instance would a professional swing in the same aggressive manner as the driver, it was a much more controlled action. And finally on the par 4 hole they noticed a mixture, depending on the choice of club off the tee (driver, fairway wood, or iron).

This indicates the importance of when to hit it hard and when to dial in some control. Now I understand not everyone hits is as well or as consistently as a touring professional, but since they are the best at what they do it serves as something that you can look at to help improve how you play the game.

With respect to why your scores are always high. Trying to hit it hard might be an aspect, but that stems from either technique errors or mental game errors. There could be other factors as well such as putting, chipping, etc. All of which can cost you strokes. I think many golfers can benefit from swinging in control. I have seen so many times on the lesson tee where guys swing a little more in rhythm, hit it more solid and see the resulting gains in accuracy and distance and thus lower scores. That is part of the reason why I like to watch the women play from time to time. I love how they swing in control and very rarely do you see them lash away at one.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks Dan for the tip.....I used to resist that...but now I am fully embrace to what you said below about forgiving and don play much

Quote :
As a former professional I demand quite a bit from my irons and since I don't play as much as I used to I need something that is a little more forgiving
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Thanks Dan for the tip.....I used to resist that...but now I am fully embrace to what you said below about forgiving and don play much

Quote :
As a former professional I demand quite a bit from my irons and since I don't play as much as I used to I need something that is a little more forgiving

I help anyway that I can nowadays. Glad something I said was useful. Typically that is not the case...HA!!!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:11 pm

thks DRGjr72 for ur advice. Will keep in mind from now onwards.

OK, better not OT, not fair to everyone interested in BFG CB003 esp. Eric.

I hv tried a demo BFG 7i. distance increase, straighter shots, good feel, easy to launch. Damn! don't know how long can I resist b4 committing.

Recently just changed from graphite to steel shaft (non-BFG irons), tweeked swing a little. hence waiting to be more consistent b4 next move.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 pm

one of the things that impressed me when i first met Dan was his choice of irons. notice he use 5 iron to PW and thats smart play. like shorthitter, use a longer club when you need to instead of trying harder.

thats why we are happy that customers come back to built a 4 iron when they do well with the 5 then if they really do well with the 4, they may consider the 3. no point selling someone something they don't need.

Dan's game is sharp and if he goes to the range twice before the game, he is as good as most of the asian touring pros out there.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:45 am

err side track abit.....

eric, do u sell juz 1 piece of LH 7 iron? lol...
sorry, juz trying my luck....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 pm

sorry jake no left hand planned for the moment. its not as easy as reversing a mould cos we have to calculate the perimeter weighting, sweet spot and cg.

some months ago, golf punk asked if we would like to get a couple of irons for lab monkey to test out. we supplied 2 BFG irons - one with kbs tour 90 and the other with a steel fiber i95.

here's the verdict from the lab monkey. in case you cannot see it on the fine prints, it reported that the BFG CB003 was " A Very Close Second", ahead of lots of brands and current models.

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 6883476568_be77036d7a_z

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 6883476758_aaf75b246f_z

thank you GP for taking a chance with us.

DGman

article and pictures courtesy of Golf Punk Singapore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:26 pm

DGman wrote:
sorry jake no left hand planned for the moment. its not as easy as reversing a mould cos we have to calculate the perimeter weighting, sweet spot and cg.

some months ago, golf punk asked if we would like to get a couple of irons for lab monkey to test out. we supplied 2 BFG irons - one with kbs tour 90 and the other with a steel fiber i95.

here's the verdict from the lab monkey. in case you cannot see it on the fine prints, it reported that the BFG CB003 was " A Very Close Second", ahead of lots of brands and current models.

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 6883476568_be77036d7a_z

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 6883476758_aaf75b246f_z

thank you GP for taking a chance with us.

DGman

article and pictures courtesy of Golf Punk Singapore.

That is quite an achievement!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Yummy..... Fish ......
Back to top Go down
Paulgadene
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Are any of the BFG irons suitable for Hi Handicappers?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Don't take our words...try them

Proof in the pudding.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:27 pm

How much is the average amount for one set? Any student rates?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Najibapark wrote:

Y r u posting u should be working!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Najibapark wrote:

Dependant on what you need, such as

1) number of irons
2) Type of shafts
3) Grips and etc

Heard there is a waiting list...

Why don't you visit BFG at Bukit Merah & talk to Eric on Student's price. He is a good listener Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah.. If Eric see potential in u, he may even sponsor u Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Najibapark wrote:

SLAVE DRIVER!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

lol!

Beer
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Derek wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
Najibapark wrote:

SLAVE DRIVER!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

lol!

Beer

Haha you mean it's wrong she has to peel my grapes and polish all the range balls???? D'oh! Beer
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:38 pm

hahaha! yes peel grapes.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Najibapark, why not pay a visit to the Den and have a chat with DGman?

You may be surprised.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:42 pm

asahi wrote:

You may be surprised.

She cannot, she now works for me and I will not give her time off!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

shorthitter wrote:
asahi wrote:

You may be surprised.

She cannot, she now works for me and I will not give her time off!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Slavedriver! hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Great news for "you-know-who-you-are" group.

The CB-003 Forged Iron Heads will arrive sometime next week.

There might be 1 or 2 sets available after we clear the backlog orders. Will update on the status soon.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:28 pm

What a great news.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Aiya ,,... i just bought a 2nd hand few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next