Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? Empty
PostSubject: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:02 am

anyone tried before??

cos im about to purchase one... i tried the demo iron 7.. gd feel... lighter than my current set... distance although further by just a minor bit... but its lighter, wont stress my arm that much...

any opinions?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:50 am

Dude, R9 come out liao.. why u still dabbling with the R5XL?
Later on, will be totally worthless...
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 am

its the R5 XL "PLUS" version leh... 2009 model... its cheap ma... $675 for 4 -9, P, A & S, i no money to buy the R9 leh.. tot u say the R9 is crappy, still ask me to buy? haha.. the R9 is really way out of budget for me la... bo bian... or u have others to recommend?

This is the link to it...
http://www.oncoursegolf.com.au/mday/r5xl/r5xlPlus.html
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:00 am

Not sure how you're swinging la, and I'm not really into any other brands apart from TM. Anyway, I saw this wonderful set of Tour Preferred irons with upgraded grips and NS Pro 950 shafts, over at Greenfield Golf. Maybe you can give them a call and see if they're still available? These irons should last you until our handicap drops to 3 or 4. I'm pretty sure of it, cuz Goosen was still using these irons up till June this year.. The're going for about $550 last i heard.. not sure if sold already...

btw, i din say the R9 was crappy.. it just LOOKS god awful. heh.. Garcia is using it now.. but then again, maybe that's why he cannot win.. ahahhaaa... oh well, up to you, dude..
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 am

Anyway, here's a link to the Tour Preferred 2009 irons.. I've been using this for about a year now.. and they seem to be getting better with age... ehehee.. a bit like wine.. Smile
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:36 am

Erm, I pmed u.. Asking u smting..
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:30 am

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=201355

bro, is it those in the link? If yes, they are not really new...
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 am

Can I ask.. Is the Tour Preferred irons ok for a player like me whom has an average of 118 - 120 for 18 holes? Or is the Tour Preferred irons for more skillful low hcp players?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:50 am

Tour Preferred clubs are always intended for the better and more experienced golfer. I'm afraid that I would not recommend them if you're playing in the 118-120 range for 18 holes.
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks guys for your feedbacks!!! without your advices, i almost made a terrible mistake...

i bought my set already... Burner XD Graphite irons set... really suits me well, more forgiving and can last longer before it phases out... the price is definitely more justifiable than the R5XL Plus... was told that the R5XL Plus was just a "value for money" beginners club... and Yeah! was also told by the owner that TP do not suit me at this point of stage...

Thanks guys once again..
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:35 pm

congrats bro! the burners are an excellent set! Smile how did you end up choosing it?
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:44 pm

oh... actually the owner is golfbuddy... she really gave me alot of useful advices... understand my current situation, and upon advising her my errors, my average score, my play style... she recommended me the Burner XD graphite set... i really learned alot from her today... very gd shop owner hehe... will go back to her again if i needed anything in future...

oh ya... btw, mine is a Asian Spec, S-Flex set... the one that i would prefer in terms of length n flex... cos i sort of like the S/R-Flex for US specs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?   Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Reviews on the latest R5XL Plus irons set?
Page 1 of 1