Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews on Callaway X20

Go down 
+4
Ssquirrel
piero
pushslice
IceKoolz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
IceKoolz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Reviews on Callaway X20 Empty
PostSubject: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 am

Good morning everyone. Any reviews for Callaway x20.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 am

Easy to launch. Dead feel (try forged muscle blades then you know what alive feel means). Not so bulky yet bulky enough. Good for beginners to the game.
Back to top Go down
IceKoolz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 am

Quote :
Easy to launch. Dead feel (try forged muscle blades then you know what alive feel means). Not so bulky yet bulky enough. Good for beginners to the game

Meaning it good for beginners to intermediate players...
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 am

pushslice wrote:
Easy to launch. Dead feel (try forged muscle blades then you know what alive feel means). Not so bulky yet bulky enough. Good for beginners to the game.

I used to hit the X20. Its a forgiving club and easy to launch. But biggest problem is the lack of feel like wearing double c@nd@m while having s*x. Secong problem I had was for the harder golf balls, it felt like hitting the club against a rock. Due to the lack of feel, I did not know if I was hitting the sweet spot except when I am at Bishan range cos the ball left marks on the club face. Control of direction is also lacking.

Recently switched to blades from Mizuno, I am a high handicapper but felt that I am improving my striking due to the feedback I am getting from the clubs. Problem is when I hit wayward, the distance can be shorter than my wedges. Price is also quite costly.

Having said that, the price of X20 is very affordable at the moment. If you are just starting out and dont know if you would like to pursue golf then it will be a good starter set.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:19 am

start with X-20, then go for Cally X-Forged or Razr sets when you can strike the ball with some consistency. Cally "player's" set is relatively cheap for the quality.

Ping route: or go with Ping G10 to start with and then Ping i15 or S57/56

TM route: burner 2.0 and then TM TP Preferred

Mizzy route: MX900, 300 or MX200 and then MP5x or 6x series

If you buy sets few years after its release date, the price comes down dramatically. Part of the fun in golf is trying new equipments hor Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 pm

X20's good.. cannot go wrong.. beginner, intermediate.. advanced.. how you want to categorize.. oso good....

You just need to like/get used to the hosel shape/offset, look at address.
Some people don't like the Callaway uniflex steel shafts; but overall I think these are very nice clubs and I would game them.

Don't worry too much about people saying go the route of forged blades, etc..
If people say small forged blades give good feedback and encourages pure hits, etc. Then I find it quite a contradiction in that these people also sometimes go for the larger head drivers which are more forgiving. Going the route of the small forged blades is sometimes more for the ppl who grew up playing more "traditional" sets and are not used to the look of the "chunkier GI" clubs at setup and so prefer otherwise..

My $0.02 worth.. take with a huge pinch of salt. albino
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Grand master your words are never $0.02 ! They are of great and worthy value!
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 pm

My $0.02 worth.. take with a huge pinch of salt.

dont take so much salt la.. not good for your heart n kidney. Stretcher
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:24 pm

though the GN burner irons are better value (if got stock) than the X-20 new groove.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Switched from Cleveland TA6s to the Cally x20s and am happy with the stronger ball flight. Easy to hit though the offset is a little bit much to work the ball sideways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Callaway X20   Reviews on Callaway X20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews on Callaway X20
Page 1 of 1