Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burner 2.0 - Reviews?

Go down 
+2
Winston
Khorkar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Burner 2.0 - Reviews? Empty
PostSubject: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Saw this new set in a golfshop a few days ago. Anyone bought one? Was it a hype or does it perform better than Burner 1.0?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Friend bought the BUrner 2.0 on Sunday and we all brought it to the range for some hitting. THe following are my nood observations.

TM Burner 2.0, Graphite FUBUKI R shaft

1. The heads are very small considering it is a cavity back. almost forged like size. Shocked

2. Clubs shaft length are longer compared to "Industry Standard" Was comparing the 7 iron of Maruman / TM TP / Cobra S2 / TM burner 2.0

3. Very very light. Very easy to hit. Don't know why but upon contact, feels very "dead".

4. The ball seems to "bounce" of the club face.

That is the end of my NOOB review. Now just waiting to go to the course with my friend to see it in action.
Back to top Go down
polersg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:44 am

hi Khorkar,

TM is having demo days on 11 Dec. Shld have Burner 2.0. http://www.golfgreedy.com/event_registration1.asp?hid=323
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 am

I tried htting 2 balls with burner 2.0.... find the club too light... the shaft is ns pro 85... the club just feels strange
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi there, I switched to TM Burner 2.0 after trying the Nike VR Forged (Split Cavity) PX 5.0 and Cobra S2 Forged (Stiff). I was previously using the Mizuno Mx 25 till the recent changes.

So far, I have played a game this week with the Burner 2.0 as well as gone to the range twice. Key observations:

a. Feel - soft , quite close to Mizuno forged irons. was impressed since this set is actually cast irons. I think it has something to do with the absorbers place in the club heads - really the feel is soft and I was quite surprised during my first practice.

b. Distance - consistent intervals in between irons. only prob for me is until 4 iron. Can't seem to hit it correctly - maybe shaft too long. From PW (100m) till 5 iron (160m), each interval is about 10m consistently.

c. Look - matt finish with black parts/ face. Quite easy to align once you place it down. No glare or whatever. Looks quite "garang"Smile

d. Grip - TM original grips normal size - for those with big hands, definitely need to regrip.

e. Shaft - Lightweight shaft. Bought the R flex from Golf Direct. So far ok. Can consistently hit straight shots. In fact, I pitch and chip with the SW and so far so good - can get it up and close:)

f. Possible issues - (1) grip size; (2) lightweight shaft may not suit everyone; (3) ball tends to be launched quite high and better for high handicappers I guess; (4) no stiff shaft version at GD, so have to buy from GH or TM SGP at different prices.

Otherwise, very happy with the set and will continue to evaluate it:) It only cost $899 for 4-PW and SW, so I really think that it's quite an affordable set.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:41 am

I am also using Burner 2.0 in stock graphite shaft S flex. my feedback is

(1) head has progressive offset, so shorter irons do not look so chunky and have so much lesser offset which is what I really like

(2) Like Bro Exigence78, I could not handle the 4 iron (I got a hybrid to take care of that anyway)

(3) it is light and very balance feel overall, I seldom swing out of balance with this. Easy to find sweet spot (not as small as blades)

(4) It is indeed soft at impact (also depends on the ball you use!), but my flight mates did commented on impact, my irons sounds soft and smooth - almost forge like

(5) it is reasonably workable if you want to, I can work a high draw. But still cannot fade it, could be my swing Embarassed

Like all clubs, it's not for everyone. But if you are in the market, do consider it.

Trivia: Camilio Villegas is using this set (not even a TP version), but his set is chrome and not matt black.

Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Pocketace,

the 4 iron of this set is so easy to hit. I hit it better than my 5H....Overall, this set is so easy to hit.....
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:00 pm

the 4 iron got no love for me... it is actually 22 Deg loft (I believe), almost a 3 iron. I take a rescue club anyday... anyway, my bag already has 14 clubs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burner 2.0 - Reviews?   Burner 2.0 - Reviews? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burner 2.0 - Reviews?
Page 1 of 1