Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?

Go down 
+2
jascon77
hiryu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? Empty
PostSubject: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the FJ Hyperflex yet?
I'm interested to hear from any bros who has worn it on the course.

I went down to try today and was quite impressed with the BOA version.
Was told it was 1 year warranty though I believe that FJ's website stated 2. I also seem to remember DNA was 2 years. Anyone has any idea?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Got the BOA version, Grey/Orange color earlier this month.

After 2 rounds (one on a carth path only course) and several range sessions. Here is my verdict :

Comfort 10/10 : Fresh out of the box despite all of the walking  on a cart path only course it was kind on my feet. Not bad for a brand new shoe. My previous shoe is an M Project and I feel pain on the arches of my feet whenever I play or hit too much balls on the range. I don't get this issue with the Hyperflex. It is also cooler on the feet since most of the part that covers your feet is not leather.

Stability 9/10 : Compared to my M Project this is higher off the ground and more stable. I can really post on my left foot on the follow through without my foot rolling over on its sides. Maybe because of the stability it offered I am able to be more aggressive on my shots. I felt this stability better when I took the shoe on the range and used it on the mat.

Waterproofing (maybe 10/10). There was no rain when I played but I did spray water and air on it during cleaning and got no issues. 

Design 9/10 - I like the sports/trainer shoe look. But maybe not for guys who like the classic design. Just need a bit more care in cleaning due to the grid design.

My M Project is now going to storage.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Jascon, what is the retail price of the FJ Hyperflex? It appears to be cheaper than the latest Adidas Boost.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi Jascon,

Thank you for the detailed review.
It's nice to hear from someone who has actually worn it on course.

I only wish they had more colours available for BOA now rather than just the Grey/Orange. I saw online there's a White/Blue version and also a Black/Red version. I'm interested in the Black/Red but the free FJ belt that comes with purchase now is so tempting as well.

I'll make a trip down again this Friday and take a look again. Will also call up Footjoy and check the number of years of warranty.

Edit: Called up FJ and it's only 1 year warranty. Locally available models don't include the Black/Red. All models sold locally are listed on FJ's SG website.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:37 pm

looks good...How much is this going for?
Back to top Go down
toonified
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 7:33 am

I find the DNA a huge upgrade in terms of stability and comfort over the Project M. 

Anyone can compare the Hyperflex to the DNA?
Back to top Go down
darren.loo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
darren.loo

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 am

I have both the DNA and Hyperflex and find that both models are equally good.

Main difference in my opinion is the design - DNA has a more classic look whereas Hyperflex has a more sporty look. Comfort wise, both models are equally comfortable and i have no issues with the waterproofing at all. If you walk around the course a lot, the Hyperflex would be the ideal choice.

Bought my Hyperflex and got the free belt and mobile phone casing.

Definitely worth the money!
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 12:56 pm

darren.loo wrote:
I have both the DNA and Hyperflex and find that both models are equally good.

Main difference in my opinion is the design - DNA has a more classic look whereas Hyperflex has a more sporty look. Comfort wise, both models are equally comfortable and i have no issues with the waterproofing at all. If you walk around the course a lot, the Hyperflex would be the ideal choice.

Bought my Hyperflex and got the free belt and mobile phone casing.

Definitely worth the money!
Just curious. 
What mobile phone casing is that? And where did you get it from?
Cos I'm only aware of the free belt @ GD. 
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?   Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Footjoy Hyperflex-any reviews?
Page 1 of 1