Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge? Empty
PostSubject: Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge?   Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm

As above. Anyone using the Scratch 1018 forged wedge currently and able to give some insights on it ?

Went through the website and saw that they recommend to fit the wedge grind to your game - driver/slider, sweeper/slider and sweeper/slider. Will there be a significant impact for the different grinds as they claim ?

I'm currently considering to get these wedges to try out.

Thanks for any reviews.
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bogey_free

PostSubject: Re: Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge?   Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 pm

i have the 1018 gap and i like the feel.
it doesn't spin the ball any more than the vokeys or any other major brand.
its going to be a personal preference.
having said that the sole does seem to suit my game.
i use the sweeper sole and i dont like a lot of bounce on my wedges.
i have dg spinner shafts on it.
i like the 1018 enough to have the 56* on order and should be here by next week.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge?   Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I would say that the different options are there for a reason. The sole grind will make a difference. If you tend to error on the side of fat shots I would stay away from the sweeper/slider grinds as the effective bounce is less. If you tend to pick the ball or misses are on the thin side, The slider sweeper grinds should work better for you. If you fall somewhere in the middle then they recommend you use the middle option.

I would go to the website and go through the wedge fitting. It is pretty good and you should have a decent idea of what wedge is close to right for you.

I mostly use a general rule of thumb. More bounce, with a less sharp leading edge will tend to not dig as much. Less bounce and a sharper leading edge will dig much more. The other grinds, heel relief, c, m, etc...allow you to play different shots around the green by being able manipulate the wedge face angles and not have bounce or heel issues.

As far as the 1018 forged wedges are concerned. I have hit several, some protos, some tour issue, and some retail. They all perform quite well and are an attractive option in the wedge game.

Having the correct bounce, length, and lie angle are far more important than who makes the wedge however. There are many other attractive options that if fit properly will perform just as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge?   Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any reviews for Scratch 1018 forged wedge?
Page 1 of 1