Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons

Go down 
+95
shimizu.toruk
snagy23
ping golfer
swordwind
essentiale
Gofnut
kwannick
bogeyman72
diveheck
DiVoTion
ahhoe
bryanachong
willie24
imrog
golfzilla
guangzhao
jhan18
albhedrin
okb
kyleyann
whistler
paul@golf
odyssey23
jinglejangle
acidic88
WILL33
kevinhwc
Bear
Tokkokking
adenn20
davechew8381
doink24
botak
Begbie
Sayhun
maslie
BabyCroc
Yarra
ralliartlancer
sob
timang84
bigbanana14
enwee
aquaman
jtek
duffader
nrafee
haragolfer
pippin
crayon33
samT
Ssquirrel
blong
jurongtiger
Cyrano
4dtoto
jeffman88
benedictteo83
angeldogleslie
limkh927
nicasio
frosTEE
asahi
mengteck71
den
Najibapark
Paulgadene
ahnah
TigaWood
Duval_S
beehome
S70B
i
DRGjr72
eiji
jaketang
zhenxua
Derek
Gray
BigblackGoof
audi
pocketace
drawbias
skybobo
slinger
blee67
nientsu
Technospaz
shorthitter
golf_snowman
Turbo
DGman
Christo72
pushslice
grooveballer
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 pm

@DGman, is there one with steel fiber for demo?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:01 pm

loads of them in SF i70, i80 and i95.....it comes in different types of grips as well.

i will ask YL to update the what shafts are available.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

DGman wrote:
loads of them in SF i70, i80 and i95.....it comes in different types of grips as well.

i will ask YL to update the what shafts are available.

DGman
Boss, timang84 tried the "S300" last night. I think he's losing sleep over it. Smile
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm

timang84 wrote:
enwee wrote:
timang84 wrote:
Got the honour and pleasure to take a couple of swings with the fishy 7 iron... all i can say is OMG OMG OMG.... too bad out of my budget....
Got poisoned? it's M80.....not NS Pro

maybe I should get fitted for a trial 7 iron haha....

go go .. until now I no regret.. still trying to get use of 7iron with SF i70.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:25 am

2 days ago i have received a very special delivery by hand by DGman on the Fishy Stick..i think this is the 1st Fishy set that has landed in KL...proud to be the one with it

So yesterday was my first time on course with this beauty irons and Korean Spy without having any chances to hit at the range a day before. To be honest it does make a lot of differences in distance, impact and ball flight.

1st 9 was a learning curve for this fishy stick but 2nd 9 i start to feel it..the ball landed on the green very soft and does not roll that much...every impact is very smooth and u can"t tell the feel once impact..very soft..

On top of that DGman did hand me the 2 BFG Wedge to compliment the Fishy irons on the course, i was amazed on the feel of the wegde and the ball does spin and stop very quickly..very poisonous ( have to indent...YL pls get me 51 & 55).

And the most of all i did have a go with the Demo ZIM ZZW centre shafted with F360 shaft...this is vey very very soft putter that i ever feel...damn...have to take it then...kakakakkakaka..

Anyway, thank you to DGman for the delivery and kind assistance, and Korean Spy for sparring with me..looking fwd to sparring with you again once my fishy stick running in..

This week is the running in week for my fishy stick and will post more reviews soon.

thank you
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Was using the set with in Palm Spring on Sat. Just collected it on wed and only manage abt 50 balls in the range on wed night. The over feel, the face is soft in fact softer than my MP52. Seem to get more distance, club to club comparison but the forgiveness of this set is definitely on of the highest among the forged available in the market. Played so much better to my old set, especially the back 9. I think one of the best back 9. Now waiting to try out again.....on wed..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Bro enwee..... So can I assume your score improved?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Bro enwee..... So can I assume your score improved?
Improve on the shot taking...score, I would not say bad, considering the night before hard drank so much alcohol and the score still presentable. Well if wed really did the same score again then really improve.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks nicasio and enwee......

It was my pleasure to deliver the clubs to you and the other 3 were more poison in the making.

for the record - i heard there was a very nice 192 meter par 3 and nicasio's 4 iron fade just right into the target and ended with 6 feet of the pin.

i left KL without the ZZW CS fitted with the F360 shaft. i also had the pleasure of meeting the Glen Marie club champion who was fitted with a Fubuki K from BFG Indonesia.

it has been a great trip and we look forward to more ground breaking event in KL.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Paulgadene
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Are these irons available at your shop in Jakarta?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 pm

DGman, how's the Fubuki-K?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Paulgadene wrote:
Are these irons available at your shop in Jakarta?

Yes Sir, we have one or two sets left.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 pm

he won the club championship after getting his K.......thats why i accepted his treat on your behalf.....haha

DGman
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

More KL style after this DGman....yep the K series did make an impact to my dear friend...now everyone is eyeing on my fishy stick...today another great round..twice I managed to shot 220yds with my lovely bubbly fishy stick no 4 iron...soft landed for 190yds with 6 iron again..
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

DGman wrote:
he won the club championship after getting his K.......thats why i accepted his treat on your behalf.....haha

DGman

Very nice of you, master. Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

i hope you were sleeping with the fishy sticks last nite. sorry i keep messing up yards and meters.....

so i hope you guys are clear now after a very detailed briefing from KS about Gangnam Style and our friend was so detailed in explaining the lyrics.....
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 am

Yep KS are so detailed...anyway I forgot to let u know DGman that the putter are my deadly weapon now.... Played 9 holes yesterday and 5 holes I did 1 chip and 1 putted....

Love it and thank you very much.....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 am

Finally we have crossed the century mark..from prototyping to 2 different production runs. we have learned a lot during this time but the truth about the iron's playability and feel will not alter.

there will be no new models so its still as relevant as the day you commission them. why change if you cannot do better.

so here's how the BFG irons are made.......

the forged 1020 blanks are sourced from the best supplier in Chengdu. you will find many famous brands made from the same factory or even the same blank.

the blanks are forged using temperature below 900 degrees to retain its softness. Note: constant firing above that temperature will actually harden the metal not soften it.

Stage 1 and 2

even before the milling process, blanks are weight and those that do not meet the desired weights are discarded.

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 8072706434_2075708639_z

Stage 3 and 4

12 different tooling process to get from stage 2 to 4. at stage 4, heads are weight again to ensure desired range.

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 8072712281_1ac2f9bd79_z

Stage 5 to Final

hand grinding the edges, sandblast the face, QC checks before it goes to the chroming factory for a satin finish. Then its back to for final QC check and weighting before delivery.

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 8072712211_c4f15a79a1_z

so finally the finished article (photo courtesy of Ron Ng)

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 8072713403_f5b7525f4d_z

hope it help you understand how we can deliver a product that is consistent and cost effective enough to rival bigger brands with higher production.

When we first conceived the idea of producing the BFG irons more than 3 years ago, we have lots of problem finding someone who is willing to work on premium forged irons at the small production runs. Unless its an open model, most manufacturers wanted containers volume before they are open to discussion. In the end we have to opt for more expensive production methods which utilise more CNC milling and everything is produced to what we designed on Solidworks.

So here we are....118 sets as of 10 October 2012 and still counting.

Thank you for your interest and support. For a Singapore brand, i think we have done pretty well especially in the department of playability and feel of the product.

DGman
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 am

congrats and well done DGman..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Congrats boss! The results itself are a testament of how great the fishy sticks are.

About a mth ago, my mentor Pushslice asked me to help run in and warm up his 2nd set of fishy sticks at Mbgc cos he had a game the next day with a buaya. I thought to myself, " Sure, why not, might be able to learn some more tips from him and see the actual ball flight and performance of these fishsticks." I headed to MBGC with a few things in mind.

1. Why did Panji buy 2 sets of these fishy sticks? I know he wants to have 2 playing sets for Sgp and indo use, but most pple would usually opt to try a diff brand or buy their 2nd choice favourite. So these must be really good I suppose?

2. But I tried the fish sticks on the i99s at the den previously but it felt so graphite-y to me. Was overkilling the shots and cldnt get any spectacular feel. Maybe it's just my lousy swing, cannot connect and experience the fishy power. Better stay neutral and stick to my mp 53s. (Also, FYI, I have always enjoyed trying out new irons than drivers. But nothing out there have managed to replace my 53s for the past two years)

3. Stop thinking so much B-croc. You are just going there to tcss, whack some balls, do some swing correction, and help do some running in. Nothing bad will happen.

Upon arrival, Panji handed me the 7i. On the i95 R. Told me to go easy and just try how it feels and see what's the difference from the i99s. I held the club in my hand saying "so good meh? Lets see what's so different." Panji replied, " just try and see lah. if it doesnt work for you just loosen the shafts for me lo."

First impression felt lighter than the steel shafts, but the total weight felt good, balanced and comfortable. Feels almost about the same weight when I was playing the light weight 95gm NsPros back then. This was the first time I decided to take a good look at the fishy heads and make a comparison with my 53s, so I put it side by side with my 53s, head size was about the same, just a tinge more offset, but nothing significant which would disturb my visual feel. Top line was thin enough, didn't look chunky and the rear cavity wasn't protruding out from the top view. Simple, elegant, nice.

I set up to the ball, told myself to relax and go easy, don't break pple's new club. Took a easy swing. Whoosh. Flushed it on the first and the ball took off with a decent and penetrating flight with a baby draw and sailed nicely to the target. I was busy watching the ball land and didn't realise that Panji had already began laughing at the back while watching. I knew he laughed cos I seldom hit such shots on my irons. I looked at him and said " What did you just do to me bro?" He continued laughing.

Took a second shot. Slight mishit near the toe. Ball went shorter, but dispersion was not too far off. Took a third, nailed it again. Kept playing with the fishy sticks all night and thinking when I shd go down and speak to boss. Many sleepless nights after that.

A mth later after the haunting, I have had a few range sessions and 2 games with my fishsticks on the i95s. My 53s have since then been sold to the buaya that Panji was supposed to match up against.

Many have already given great reviews and my limited technical knowledge as a seasoned beginner only allows me to give a general evaluation of these sticks. So pardon me if some descriptions don't sound right.

Looks

Confidence-inspiring at setup. Visually appealing for its elegant simplicity. Though I had a headache to match grip colours with the so-hard-to-match SF shafts, managed to find a nice combi eventually. Great aesthetics and clubhead design Dgman.

Feel

Same buttery feel as my 53s, if not,better on flushed shots. These heads seem to blend well with the SFs, and with Eric's fitting, the weight feels so balanced that it doesn't make me feel like I'm hitting a graphite shaft. The i95s feel more stout and sturdy as compared to the i99s, and this makes it play much closer to a lightweight steel shaft than a graphite one. It has a nice controlled kick at impact, and the "whoooooomph" sound at impact with this combination is simply orgasmic. On mishits and off-centre hits, there was sufficient feedback to distinguish from the good shots, and it certainly felt less punishing on the elbows and I certainly experienced less painful vibrations and shockwaves as a tennis elbow victim.

Performance

Most shots with my current setup produces a draw. Flight from the SFs is penetrating and dispersion is pretty tight. These sticks seem to go abit longer though, not sure if its because of the loft. I had 4-5 flushed shots yest on course which were pin seeking, but ended up about 6-10m longer than my usual yardage across different clubs. Must test it out on trackman to verify. Nonetheless, these are great clubs to game with a lot less effort and possibly better outcomes. Forgiveness is an understatement. It's probably gonna stay in my bag for quite some time.

In summary, I wanna thank Dgman for helping me to build this wonderful set of clubs. It's been quite some time since I enjoyed hitting irons this much. Also, gotta thank Pushslice for inviting me to run in his toys and constantly helping me with my hopeless swing so that I can feel and experience the wonders of the fishsticks. Just makes me look forward to every upcoming game now. I'm not paid by dgman for advertising, and for those that are still wondering why many are switching, I suggest you give it a try at the den or take it out for a spin. I used to only wanna play clubs by OEMs like Tm, Titlesit, mizuno, Calloway, Cleveland etc. as a victim of their branding and market positioning efforts. Read to know, but try it to believe.

Oh yes, one last thing. The matchup game with the buaya that Pushslice was supposed to have the next day never materialised. It rained out all the way. See how fate twists itself around just to get me poisoned? Till then, happy golfing everyone! Cheers
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 pm

you're welcome Laughing

PS: we play level this Sunday. But watch out for Mloy, if she gets that slider pitch right... pale
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 pm

After seeing her nail it yesterday with crisp clear contact, I'm thinking whether I shd feign diarrhoea for Sundays game.
Back to top Go down
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Gaining global recognation but with some unanswered questions...perhaps bos need to chime in?

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7803-product-review-big-fish-golf-cb-003/

PS: To my eyes the club look counterfeit one scratch
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Wah steady lah, now featured on MGS Liao!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Steady lah, said 5-10 hcp??? ho say liao... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons   Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews: BFG CB003 Forged Irons
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next