Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" Empty
PostSubject: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:26 am

You've heard of "Humping the Goat", well now I will introduce you to another common swing problem we call "Baby under the Arm". This phenomenon is practiced at driving ranges and golf courses all over the world. To really highlight this problem I have used an extreme example. There are many golfers that have this problem on a smaller scale, even some PGA pros.
If you are lacking distance, slicing, scooping, you may be suffering from this.

The term comes from the big gap under the right arm of the golfer coming into impact, hence, a mother carrying her baby under the arm (guys are also susceptible to this)

Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" Jasmin10

Here's the video on how the student went from hitting her 9 iron 30 m to 60 m in about 20 mins

Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing RSC!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:28 am

Interesting comment posted on the video on youtube

"hi, she is still "swaying" her upper body and head despite her spine angle has been corrected?

kingrex76 15 hours ago"

For gods sake, its a 60 y/o auntie and she made such a big change in about 20 mins. I guess some people just don't get it. Maybe if she just goes and gets fitted, works on her mental and buys a new $500 driver that will solve all her problems.

Rant over
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 am

you show your stuff out to the public, gotta take the good and the bad mate. cant make everyone happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Lol can't satisfied everyone!,
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Interesting comment posted on the video on youtube

"hi, she is still "swaying" her upper body and head despite her spine angle has been corrected?

kingrex76 15 hours ago"

For gods sake, its a 60 y/o auntie and she made such a big change in about 20 mins. I guess some people just don't get it. Maybe if she just goes and gets fitted, works on her mental and buys a new $500 driver that will solve all her problems.

Rant over

Ouch! That was sharp! Razz

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"   Fixing the "Baby under the Arm" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixing the "Baby under the Arm"
Page 1 of 1