Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baby Crocs....

Go down 
+5
pushslice
dmateo
asahi
Technospaz
Duval_S
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:06 am

Now....if this is not a croc....then I donno a croc ( I think) ...HCP 30 shoot gross 88.

well, maybe this is an Orca instead

Quote :
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -– Kayla Parsons, who at 10 years old was believed to be the youngest participant ever to play the Golf.com World Amateur Handicap Championship, was disqualified Tuesday for shooting scores that were inconsistent with her handicap.

A 30 handicap for the tournament, she had shot a second-round 88 at Possum Trot and was leading her otherwise tightly bunched flight by 18 strokes.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/08/ten-year-old-dqd-from-world-am.html#ixzz1Weszk8X1
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 am

Wait till she asks you for strokes...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 am

Mloy, is this how you started your baby steps to becoming the fearsome tail-thrashing buayee that you are today?!

Razz
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:28 am

she might be having the best day of her life for all we know.
and it goes to say that the old saying is true. Too much good thing is bad !!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:02 am

FYI:

Golf.com wrote:
At 10, Kayla Parsons has her own agent and website, she’s made two holes-in-one, and she is mentioned in the current issue of Sports Illustrated.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/08/oldest-youngest-prep-for-golfcom-world-am.html

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:44 am

5 under has little chance but possible, 6 under maybe once in a blue moon and could be subject to further scrutiny of past scores

the chance of playing 14 under handicap is so miniscule that it's a sure sign of sandbagging aka known here as buayaism

visit Dean Knuth website (popeofslope.com). He helped designed the USGA handicap system, slope rating, course rating, ESC etc etc.

Excuses of "just very lucky" cant hold anymore lor. There is empirical data behind it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Before we jump on this poor girl ... please note her age .... 10 years old.

It is a common problem for juniors that their handicaps cannot keep up with their playing ability during the initial period when the improvement in their game is so rapid. Especially if it comes from a lot of range and practice game work and not playing full 9 hole or 18 holes rounds.

However, if she was an adult, and consistently shooting 80+ and still maintaining a 30 handicap, then that would be a real problem.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:06 pm

her parents/coach should have taken extra care and get an updated handicap before important tournaments lor. Serious amateur golfers like her sure practice hard before tournaments and they should know their real level prior to entering tournaments. 14 under cannot be sudden, in one game. She must have been playing at least mid 90s before that tournament.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:25 pm

bro PS ... many times the tournament will ask for the handicap at a certain date, e.g. Handicap based on 1 June for a tournament to be held in July.

Junior golfers can seriously improve by 6-10 strokes in 1 month of intense practice (depending on initial level).

Like I said, these are real issues related to Junior golfers ... for adult golfers, that is a different story entirely.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:04 pm

i read somewhere that natalie guilbis play 80+ on her 1st game on green....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Bro derek, We dun know much abt what occurred, I agree. My point is that it shouldn't be a surprise. They must come to the tournament knowing well what she could do plus minus 6 strokes. You are talking abt procedure, I'm talking abt sportsmanship, whic may require actions beyond std procedures. E.g. additional disclosure prior to game would suffice, it's good for her and the tournament. At least they could bring recent hcap and show it to the tournament committee, eventhough its not required. Why would any sporting golfer take advantage from an out of date hcap? And yes, it could just be carelessness of her mgmt team, so we don't really know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Issit really impossible? Saw this just now about her score...
Day 1 score 98 handicap differential 28.6
Day 2 score 88 handicap differential 19.2
Day 3 score 103 handicap differential 33.1
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:21 am

Poor girl... should have given her the benefit of doubt instead of DQing her as she might be having one of those very lucky day.

It is highly possible for a very high handicapper to go very lucky for a particular day...just need to be lucky for 2 or 3 holes.

Personally, I have this experience many years back when I was playing in a club competition in the UK... on 2 par 4s that I would normally double-bogey or worse, I got lucky eagles for them (one was a topped shot that rolled all the way to the hole, and another that flew over the green, hit a brick wall, bounced back on the green and into the hole). So, that was a 8 shot swing... if I was only so lucky with ToTo or 4D Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baby Crocs.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Crocs....   Baby Crocs.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Crocs....
Page 1 of 1