Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread

Go down 
+26
JonL_TK
chinchiachun
mowen
watermyforrest
zhenxua
mengteck71
Technospaz
Derek
duffader
guy013
poresia
Ssquirrel
slinger
S70B
Agumon
Duval_S
eiji
mloy
4dtoto
mUAr_cHEe
drawbias
kian
hw_ball
alvin7379
pushslice
asahi
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 am

Firstly, you got to declare that it may not be in the hazard/flower bed. So either you take a provisional or you go towards your ball. If upon reaching the point of entry, your ball is not found, then you will play your provisional with one shot penalty. (Lost ball rule.) So at the tee box, you should make the decision and in this case, make sure your opponents agree to it.

If you ball can be seen, treat it like a hazard, club cannot be grounded. If you take practise swing and your club touches the flower/bushes whatever, i think according to the rules, its a penalty.

So end of the day, the choice is yours.... remember.. there is a 5 min rule too.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:29 am

zhenxua wrote:
what if my ball's in the flowerbed and it's playable?

Playable or nt, once in, treat As hazard and proceed thereafter with 1 stroke penalty.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

Basically, treat as water lah...go flower bed, take drop with i stroke n play 3rd stroke..
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 am

4dtoto wrote:
Basically, treat as water lah...go flower bed, take drop with i stroke n play 3rd stroke..

Best answer...

+1

Are we allowed to pick the ball if we see it or do we have to use ball picker ala Technospaz's (with the extended stick)?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:54 am

duffader wrote:
Firstly, you got to declare that it may not be in the hazard/flower bed. So either you take a provisional or you go towards your ball. If upon reaching the point of entry, your ball is not found, then you will play your provisional with one shot penalty. (Lost ball rule.) So at the tee box, you should make the decision and in this case, make sure your opponents agree to it.

If you ball can be seen, treat it like a hazard, club cannot be grounded. If you take practise swing and your club touches the flower/bushes whatever, i think according to the rules, its a penalty.

So end of the day, the choice is yours.... remember.. there is a 5 min rule too.

Which country declare provisional ball for ball suspecting to be in hazard??? tot only OB then can declare playing provisional ball??? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 am

alvin7379 wrote:
duffader wrote:

Which country declare provisional ball for ball suspecting to be in hazard??? tot only OB then can declare playing provisional ball??? scratch

I thought unless you are very sure that your ball enter the hazard, then you can play at the last point of entry with one stroke penalty. However, if there are doubts and you start searching, then maybe the following rule applies.

http://golf.about.com/cs/rulesofgolf/a/rule27.htm
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:15 am

Yup. I am with Duffy on this one.

One must be sure the ball enters the flowerbed.
This must be agreed upon by all golfers in the flight.

And Duffy, overzealous mgbc marshals won't be so kind to give golfers 5 mins de.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am

4dtoto wrote:

Beer Best answer for the purpose of this game

p.s. may not necessarily be 3rd shot ... LOL
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am

asahi wrote:
Yup. I am with Duffy on this one.

One must be sure the ball enters the flowerbed.
This must be agreed upon by all golfers in the flight.

And Duffy, overzealous mgbc marshals won't be so kind to give golfers 5 mins de.

Hahahaha.... best to play more relax lah. If play by the book, most golfers including myself will be struggling. or some of us might start wearing pants to play. More space to hide balls and when go to area of entry, they will just say, "Heng ah, my ball still playable". but then the ball looks pretty new and clean. Smile
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 am

i chk with MBGC and this is their reply:

1. All fences left of hole 3-9 are OB.

2. No relief from fence if swing is obstructd by fence and OB stakes.

3. No replay of shot if ball hit lamp post and elctrical box. Relief is allowed if swing is obstructed by both.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Eh, thrash talking, pls move to the other thread.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Seriously... does it matter?

We are all going to shoot high numbers whether the tee is pushed forward or back!!!

Its not like our strategy will change? Our ego's will kick in more than anything to try to GIR from the Black or Blue tee
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Have faith in your own game rather than worry about others.

Over thinking all this kork strategies n crap will just cause u to lose more sleep or hair. Definitely wun play well on actual day trust me.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:32 pm

I am thinking more about if I can get my first shot past red tee.

dunno what you guys worried about...

eagerly waiting for new driver to be delivered...BTH liao, come on DHL surprise me with some super efficiently delivery speeds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Nbz.....wait till I get hm.

1 afternoon only and you all really OT like one kind.

HiaZ
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 pm

poresia wrote:
i chk with MBGC and this is their reply:

1. All fences left of hole 3-9 are OB.

2. No relief from fence if swing is obstructd by fence and OB stakes.

3. No replay of shot if ball hit lamp post and elctrical box. Relief is allowed if swing is obstructed by both.

Thanks poresia for the check!

Actually no need to check de coz these are the game rules. But thanks anyway.

Phew! Finally gt time to clean up the thread a bit.

No OT here hor
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 am

Ppl, now that the dust over the line up had settled.

Pls make the buy-in payment to yrs truly ASAP yea.

Need to make payment on 3 Feb to mbgc.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:32 am

Yoz TD,
maybe you post here to indicate who haven make payment ba...easier to track ma...and bo/myself can help u to chase too....

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 am

Eh, I whatsapp both of you bah.
Then you all chase.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:33 am

asahi wrote:
Eh, I whatsapp both of you bah.
Then you all chase.

Never confirm whether you receive my payment. Have you receive?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:35 am

Received mloy.

Thanks lots!
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am

TD, u received mine TT to you on Wed??
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 am

TD,

received mine? sms u but no reply.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 am

poresia wrote:
TD,

received mine? sms u but no reply.

poresia...I think yours, he used it for his happy ending. lol!
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 am

Bro Poresia, Shawn, dun worry, your name no on list...so receive liao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread   Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lo Hei Game on 8 Feb 12 - The Admin Thread
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next