Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stiff Shoulders

Go down 
+16
pushslice
ahnah
getsurin
Tituman
Golfkid
mojojojo
poresia
Khorkar
duffader
DGman
ljlow
HyBriD
essentiale
fergo
Iluvgolf
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:31 am

pushslice wrote:
ah nah, here's a great tip that I learned along the way from a pro. I wished my first coach had taught me this so I didnt have to battle callouses and fatigue fingers in my first year of golfing

when you grip, and even if you want to have a firm grip, apply strength with your middle finger, ring finger and the pinkie. The thumb and index fingers on both hands should be relaxed.

by doing so, your lower forearms and your triceps will be activated during the swing. If you apply strength on thumb/index. the upper forearms, biceps and shoulders will activate, which causes callouses and tense shoulders

as a side effect, you may also feel the downswing feels like a pulling motion, rather than a hitting motion.

I stop having bad callouses and tense shoulders after changing how I grip the club.

good luck.

Thanks bro !

During my 1st lesson, i really try to relax but all my 10 finger are gripping so hard that I scare the club will fly away.

Will take your advise seriously.

Swing
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

I talked and ask a few golfers in my area.

Most of the Golf Teachers told me to Avoid taking hot or cold showers after playing.

After playing a round of Golf, most of us take a quick shower after resting for maybe 10 to 30 minute. Taking shower will create a lot of muscle injury in our body.

Accdg to our Golf coach here, they shower on the following day.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:28 pm

HyBriD wrote:
I talked and ask a few golfers in my area.

Most of the Golf Teachers told me to Avoid taking hot or cold showers after playing.

After playing a round of Golf, most of us take a quick shower after resting for maybe 10 to 30 minute. Taking shower will create a lot of muscle injury in our body.

Accdg to our Golf coach here, they shower on the following day.

I dun shower after the game, Normally rest for 30 mins, take a few stick of smoke before bath.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 pm

now, this is something new.....they shower on the following day? pity the wife and kids leh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 pm

pushslice wrote:
now, this is something new.....they shower on the following day? pity the wife and kids leh Very Happy

ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I follow the NBA and you always see basketball players iced their ankles/knees after the game. so there must be something good abt cold treatment for muscle injury or swelling.

but the "delayed-shower" method is so intriguing, i googled it and found similar discussion amongst runners. Also in favor of cold treatment.

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/injury-prevention/stretching-cross-training/hot-tub-following-ice-bath-directly-after-run-okay

as for me, I will risk muscle stiffness than being told to sleep on the couch Laughing

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Hey,

When I was in Singapore and at BFG.

I gave Eric my USB thumb drive with an Ebook of how to removed The Pain Away from our Stiff shoulder.

I left that eBook so that everyone can read it & can help alleviate the pain away
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:39 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Hey,

When I was in Singapore and at BFG.

I gave Eric my USB thumb drive with an Ebook of how to removed The Pain Away from our Stiff shoulder.

I left that eBook so that everyone can read it & can help alleviate the pain away

can share that eBook on this forum ? with a link to download ?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:39 pm

for those who wants the e-book from Hybrid. please PM me with your email and make sure you can receive more than 2 MB on your email account.

its titled "Exercise your shoulder pain free"

cheers.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 am

Hi guys

This is an update of my stiff shoulders problem after I have taken a few steps to tackle it as suggested by GRians. I bought the much recommended phiten necklace and I have been wearing it for more than 2 weeks. It seems to have passed the test after a round of golf on Thursday and another on Saturday and topped off with a round of range of about 300 balls on the same day. Another round on Monday coming up. And of course I have also added some additional stretching exercises for the neck and shoulders. I am happy with the results so far. Thank you guys for all the useful advice Smile ..
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:50 am

DGman wrote:
for those who wants the e-book from Hybrid. please PM me with your email and make sure you can receive more than 2 MB on your email account.

cheers.....DGman

Can I have a copy pls Eric ???
Back to top Go down
Groo111
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:48 am

jeremykoh wrote:
DGman wrote:

cheers.....DGman
Me too, will PM email

Can I have a copy pls Eric ???
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Groo111,

if you can send me your email address to golf@bigfishes.com, i can send you a copy.

i see that you may not have enough post to send me a PM.

cheers.....DGman

PS lets not forget to thank bro Hybrid who not only gave me the info on the ebook but a damn solid thumb drive as well.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:29 pm

tied most of the exercise and i can hear all the creaking and stretching. however the shoulder feels like an overhaul after the exercise and back is definitely straighten too.

recommended for most golfers and those who work behind a desk using computer or surfing the net or posting on GR. CCC and Suspicious you guys keep out of this!

DGman
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Boss,

It is either this or Dr Du.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:41 pm

I went to TCM for Chinese medicine. Together with 2 Phiten wristband and 2 days of dosage of TCM med, I'm feeling better now.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:43 pm

How about tennis or golfers' elbow? Any cure? Sad

Wore Ebene elbow brace to play but does not seems to help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Shoulders   Stiff Shoulders - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stiff Shoulders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2