Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rude golfers on the course

Go down 
+20
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
Right_sided_coach
shotah
22tang
nientsu
shorthitter
4dtoto
sniffydog
Ssquirrel
siaw8
jaketang
S70B
Golfnuts
DGman
Khorkar
Technospaz
kopiO
Duval_S
clarencekim
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:38 pm

S70B wrote:
Ya. But I learnt that a hp is always useful to be close to you as it can be used for emergencies or when you play in malaysia and the chance of a buggy breaking down is always high. Laughing
You got your point there Idea
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Having your phone on the course is fine but as far as possible, it should be kept on silent mode. It's meant more for the golfer to reach someone than for the golfer to be reached. If you were expecting an important phone call, why are you playing golf anyway Razz (ok, sometimes too hard a stand doesn't help)
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:36 pm

i would call the golfing marshall to tell him off and also that he his holding up 2 fights.. but to overtake him, have to let the bugger know.. imho.. sorry for my 2 cents... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bbbs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bbbs

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:21 am

wow.. tt guy is alone in his own flight?

i do pick up calls esp when its mon - sat.. but again.. i dont go on the greens on weekdays. hahahaha Razz i normally get my frds to hold the fone for me if im teeing..

but the feeling sucks.. cuz i get distracted easily..

thumbs down for tt @sshole .. hello.. is this what golf course management abt?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
http://www.enricayuan.livejournal.com
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Basic golf etiquette requires slow players allow faster ones to play through.

Again where's the so-called course marshells when you need them? I have had them come up to my group at SICC and tell us we were 40 SECONDS slow!

Another time at OCC, the group behind us was angry with our three-ball because they said we were slow. However, we complained earlier to a marshall that the group in front of us was slow.

Nothing was said to the group in front of our group as I found out later it was some high-ranking OCC committee member and his cronies playing and betting money.

Mad

CK

Last edited by clarencekim on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Bro,

I guess we have to be more forgiving abit la.
And let every one enjoy the game.
Everyone have also been thru the "New bird" stage too.

No point spent so much money for the green.
To find trouble and anger one another.
Just my 2 cents of though.

ENJOY IT!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:06 pm

I was actually me-self quite rude ....many many moons ago, temperamental and very emotional golfer....my repertoire of emotional anger and expressions were more than my total putts per game....

I remembered once, that I missed a short putt on green and kick onto the green with my spikes.....forgotten that I was not playing soccer.......kena F#@# like crazy by my flight mate......

Good news....nowadays, very well behaved liao....almost impecable liao (as best I can)
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 pm

I heard of a story about a golfer in SG that threw his bag and clubs into a lake, he was so f--king angry and pissed off. Then he walked off.

Later..........................................

He return to the lake and had to fished out the bag. Guess what? To take out his car keys!

Eventually, he still left the bag and clubs in the lake.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Saw similar but it is an advert on TV...old chap playing with young girl ....girl smoke him like nobody biz.....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Khorkar wrote:
I heard of a story about a golfer in SG that threw his bag and clubs into a lake, he was so f--king angry and pissed off. Then he walked off.

He return to the lake and had to fished out the bag. Guess what? To take out his car keys!

LOL! Is this for real? That must've been really embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah boy, its true stuff. The feller that told me about it, he saw it himself.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Yeah boy, its true stuff. The feller that told me about it, he saw it himself.

Wow, how insane. If you're that angry, throw your clubs in the dumpster. Don't pollute the lake.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 pm

There is also another story about a single handicapper that likes like bash up his drivers when never he gets seriously mad.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Better than a player who bashes up his caddies when he gets seriously mad.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 pm

No la, not caddies. Just drivers..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Khorkar wrote:
No la, not caddies. Just drivers..

Sure Smile
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I played overseas with a guy a year ago in Vietnam who started scolding his inexperienced, young female caddy for minor 'errors' while he was playing like handing him a 5i when he wanted a 3 wood, or not keeping up with him (we were using pull carts at the time).

He actually became quite angry about her 'incompetence'.

But the real reason he was so irritated was becasue he was playing like crap over the first nine holes (OOB, hazards, even a few topped balls) and needed somebody to blame for his high score.

He was still grumbling & griping about how his stupid lady caddie screwed up his game all the way to the lockerooms after the 18th hole.

scratch

CK
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:03 am

A ball landed on the tee box of the Marina Bay's island Par 3, I send it into to the water, NO shouts of fore were heard.
(All this time I was waiting for the lady to finish using her ball retriever to help pick her friend's ball which was in the water, that island green.)
As I was so disturbed by the ball that landed so near me, ( which I eventually hit into the water..) I teed up and played my shot, to my astonishment, my flight mates shouted FORE and I saw the lady on the edge of the green ( at the 3 o'clock position, initially she was at the 9 o'clock position ). I thought she must have walked off after picking her friend's ball. ( she WAS picking all the balls along the edge! )
I waved and they did not approach me anyway. They were always 1 hole behind since we tee off that day.

Sorry lady, my apologies.
And to the guys who hit the ball to the tee box, nice white belt.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:02 am

boh jio....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:12 am

Khorkar wrote:

This 'story' is actually a golf joke recycled. Read it quite a while ago in the US.
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 am

Friends chio so i went...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rude golfers on the course
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3