Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rude golfers on the course

Go down 
+20
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
Right_sided_coach
shotah
22tang
nientsu
shorthitter
4dtoto
sniffydog
Ssquirrel
siaw8
jaketang
S70B
Golfnuts
DGman
Khorkar
Technospaz
kopiO
Duval_S
clarencekim
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Rude golfers on the course Empty
PostSubject: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:53 pm

As nobody else has posted anything here yet, here's a few questions for comments:

What do you do when the flight behind you hits into your group--or maybe even hitting one of your group's player with a golf ball?

Conversely, what do you do if you accidentally hit into the group in front?

Also, how do you handle aggressively rude players on the course?

Question

Personally, I had an incident wherein the Singapore police became involved and a golf club committee hearing was scheduled. I was the only one to show up at the hearing. The other ex-pat three-ball group was banned for three months from playing there again. I am sure the three-ball ex-pats did not care whatever was decided by the committee anyways.

CK
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Actually so far so good for me.....the worst I ever gotten was a sarcastic remark long time ago at Seletar Base 9 hole.....this very pro-looking chap commented that my swing was no good just before I tee off....sian half....
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm

that's what the marshalls are good for... instead of chasing pple to hurry up...

bad flight mates? cheez, that wld really test one's patience limit... i so far so good, thank god.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 pm

I've never had bad experiences but I've been a bad experience Sad I actually hit a ball wayward once not knowing if there were people playing in the neighboring hole. Yes, I should've called it out but I was too stunned with my shot.

Fortunately, I didn't injure anyone but I could've. I apologized profusely to the group who were playing and they were very understanding. I guess it could've been worse. I could've (and should've) been told off for not calling out the bad shot but they were nice about it. Made me feel worse about it all.

Anyway, I've learned my lesson. Aside from learning to call out shots which I think may not even hit anyone but have gone way out, I've also learned that golf is a game about tolerance and understanding. Sometimes, screaming about an issue doesn't drive the message as well as just telling someone in a nice manner.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:45 pm

Bros, don't forget hor, playing slow is also rude leh. So, all of us must also know what to do too. If we play slow, best to pick up the ball and move on.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:18 pm

so years back, a group of us were on the green putting when a ball rolled gently onto the green to about 10 feet to the pin. when we looked back, we saw the golfer about 210+ metres back.

we continued with our putting and the golfer came right up to us apologising profusely. i turn to the golfer and told him what a good shot he had just hit and assured him its ok. did not even say anything else and told him to get his birdie.

when they got back to the clubhouse having our drinks when the group came back. the golfer told us he got his birdie and promptly bought all of us a drink.

i don't think that he intentionallly hit his shot but its just one of those shots that goes perfectly and with a little luck rolled on to the pin, afterall if i were him, i would want to jump for joy rather than get blasted.

morale of story - if it dont hurt you, its ok to forgive and give everyone a chance to be enjoy their moment of joy.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Golfnuts
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfnuts

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Bros, don't forget hor, playing slow is also rude leh. So, all of us must also know what to do too. If we play slow, best to pick up the ball and move on.

slow could be rude but we been through stage as a newbie golfer... so if ever it's too slow for your liking... call marshall lor... also there are times and in most cases, it's not the group in front that's slow, it could that one group in front of yours that's taking their time...

I think I am able to understand those feeling of being pushed to finish off your shots and seriously speaking... I wouldn't want others to do that to me so I better be more understanding rabbit
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Hahaha...reminds me of 22tang during the 2nd Laguna game. So apologetic after he hit one onto the 18th tee from the 17th hole while we were teeing off. He thought that we were truly pissed when we were oni jokingly 'giving' him a hard time. Laughing

Still, a good way to get him to buy beer for everyone...just ask Slinger how its done. Razz
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:31 pm

too many unhappy incidents with rude or inconsiderate golfers liao..... but tht's golf loh... not all golfers will be nice....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:37 pm

live and let live.....
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:40 pm

S70B wrote:
Hahaha...reminds me of 22tang during the 2nd Laguna game. So apologetic after he hit one onto the 18th tee from the 17th hole while we were teeing off. He thought that we were truly pissed when we were oni jokingly 'giving' him a hard time. Laughing

Still, a good way to get him to buy beer for everyone...just ask Slinger how its done. Razz

Haha.. still rem that incident... u really spoil his game man... he gave up playing 3 holes after seeing ur unfrenly gesture War
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 pm

yup...

sometimes i give up complaining or feel bad... no point making myself unhappy and dun enjoy the game....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 pm

i feel we shld give beginners (like those PC's) chance to play n enjoy... be as nice as possible cause i oso been thru tht stage...

but i can't stand some tht after bad tee off juz tee off another ball sometimes 3rd ball (no OB's or wat so ever, juz because they top or duff) and when u tell them nicely tht our flight is slow, they juz smile and hack care, as if they are the only flight. (best is when he n his kaki both tee off 2 balls each....

sigh.....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:52 pm

siaw8 wrote:
S70B wrote:

Haha.. still rem that incident... u really spoil his game man... he gave up playing 3 holes after seeing ur unfrenly gesture War

Wah lau, I oni shout back to let you guys know that the ball nearly took out 3 of our players.

You still dare say, same flight and not even a shout of 'Fore' to assist a flightmate. Ought to be shot! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

We shouted... but think age is catching up on you... thats why cannot hear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Either that or you are trying to be sexy so dunno how to project it. I guess all 4 of us were too old la since non of us heard it as well. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Peace

War
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Sleep Talk to the hand!
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am

Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am

S70B wrote:
Sleep Talk to the hand!

Rude golfers in the forum No monkey White Flag
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:03 am

Suspect HELP
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:07 am

MODERATOR!!! Where are u!!! Exclamation Question Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 am

the group did shout but because the wind was blowing from the pin to the teebox, their best attempt to shout "fore" was merely a murmur for those on the adjacent tee box.....so live and let live....

poor 22tand...just disappear in the thin air and ever fearful of the group that nearly stared him to death. but the beer was sweet!

DGman
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 am

Tailwind la! Laughing

Of course live and let live la, I have no problem with 22tang, feel so bad for giving him the wrong idea we were pissed.

I have problem with Siaw8. lol! Think we should be in the same flight in the upcoming match, Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:16 am

your moderator MC is away....so cry baby cry.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rude golfers on the course
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next