Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rude golfers on the course

Go down 
+20
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
Right_sided_coach
shotah
22tang
nientsu
shorthitter
4dtoto
sniffydog
Ssquirrel
siaw8
jaketang
S70B
Golfnuts
DGman
Khorkar
Technospaz
kopiO
Duval_S
clarencekim
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:16 am

Pls dun destroy whatever little confidence i have left.. i apologize for offending u.. pls live and let live Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:26 am

DGman wrote:
live and let live.....

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:02 am

I was a flight of 4 once in a buggy on track only course, the flights were delayed due to heavy rain. we were followed closely behind by a flight of loud and rowdy guys behind. We had 2 PC holders in our flight but i wouldnt say we were playing very slowly (max 10-15mins per hole). Marshall came twice doh, watched us for a hole, and left without a word each time. But the flight behind us were really rude:

1. ball landed roughly 20m behind us on 4-5 occasions with no shouting of "ball"
2. shouting ball repeated for fun, making us turn back and dodge imaginary balls.
3. shouting "play like that no need to go home already!" or sentences of similar nature.
4. they didn't request to overtake, and we were too angry to even respond to them.
5. the flight infront of us were within sight, but honestly, at times they were more than 1 stroke away, plus minus.

I didn't want to cause any trouble, but subsequently regretted not bringing the matter up. I feel that there must be some tolerance as a golfer, afterall this is meant to be a gentlemen's game. They were a disgrace to all golfer's. And the worst thing is that I believe they did not even have the intention to overtake us which we would have gladly allowed.

just to share my encounter with terrorists on the greens.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:12 am

Terrorist in the greens. Good one.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 am

Khorkar wrote:
Terrorist in the greens. Good one.... cyclops

Wow Terrorist in the green, where is Bush ?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:25 am

DGman wrote:
so years back, a group of us were on the green putting when a ball rolled gently onto the green to about 10 feet to the pin. when we looked back, we saw the golfer about 210+ metres back.

we continued with our putting and the golfer came right up to us apologising profusely. i turn to the golfer and told him what a good shot he had just hit and assured him its ok. did not even say anything else and told him to get his birdie.

when they got back to the clubhouse having our drinks when the group came back. the golfer told us he got his birdie and promptly bought all of us a drink.

i don't think that he intentionallly hit his shot but its just one of those shots that goes perfectly and with a little luck rolled on to the pin, afterall if i were him, i would want to jump for joy rather than get blasted.

morale of story - if it dont hurt you, its ok to forgive and give everyone a chance to be enjoy their moment of joy.

DGman

Good to hear, too many times people complain when someone has hit career shot. It happens to us all, you think way to far then the Gods intervene and ball travels million miles.... Shocked

I played event once in US and we had been playing 6 days straight during summer, exhausted... a bloke was teeing off and i was sitting directly behind his back so he could not see me, (I was tired), this bloke was so worn out his tee shot went backwards between his legs and hit me in the dusters.... silent

It did not hurt but i laughed so much, laugh of exhustion i think, the tour fined me for unsportsman behaviour... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:28 am

sniffydog wrote:

1. ball landed roughly 20m behind us on 4-5 occasions with no shouting of "ball"

Shouting ball is better than nothing, but if I PC test you and you shout "ball" you fail..... Swing
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:32 am

I had a lady fren who when we were playing at Green fairway. These 2 gaui lohs tee-off and the ball landed near me. My this fiesty lady fren got so pissed that she went up to the guy and give him a piece of her mind. I was so afriad anything might happen to her, so i follwed her too.

Imagine this scene wheereby a 1.57m tall lady looking up at a 1.8ish tall man and scolding him. Tat was exactly wat happened!!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:33 am

nientsu wrote:
I had a lady fren who when we were playing at Green fairway. These 2 gaui lohs tee-off and the ball landed near me. My this fiesty lady fren got so pissed that she went up to the guy and give him a piece of her mind. I was so afriad anything might happen to her, so i follwed her too.

Imagine this scene wheereby a 1.57m tall lady looking up at a 1.8ish tall man and scolding him. Tat was exactly wat happened!!

You a big boy too mate, i wouldnt want to argue with you!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 am

golf's a gentleman's game....

but seriously do you think tht all tht play this game are gentleman?

hmm.....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 am

jaketang wrote:

hmm.....

Well , of coz not....even for me-self. there are times, especially when in Msia, I suddenly for certain unknown reason, became too lazy to shout, too impatient, too forgetful to repair divot...That really sink in during later evening...and felt very regretful.

BUT more importantly at least for me, it provides a reference on how ungentle-manly I am vs. what it should be......

....ds
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:54 am

shorthitter wrote:
nientsu wrote:

You a big boy too mate, i wouldnt want to argue with you!!!! lol!

I am a gentle giant who bring coffee in the morning....

Make love not war, my fren......
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:02 am

jaketang wrote:

hmm.....

To me, its a gentlemen's game because it sort of exposes what you lack in character. You will be a better person if you acknowledge it and make improvements to it. Of cos, if you dont really care about it, then there nothing much you can do. No one is perfect.

To me, it has made me more tolerant and patient as a person. Mental strenth definately improve cos half the time i lose my form. Everytime, i see a noob on course, most of the time, i will give some form of encouragement, like,'You can do it. Just don give up.' or 'Dont worry, everyone starts like this....Just hang in there...' This is because i have been there once and it does feel good to have people encouraging you. Just a matter of paying it forward.
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:33 am

Yes, I had learnt my lesson Embarassed

Nowadays, whenever I am teeing off on a Par 3 ... the incident kept coming back to my mind.

I am so sorry not to shout as I am shock as I thought the ball went into water.

S70B wrote:
Hahaha...reminds me of 22tang during the 2nd Laguna game. So apologetic after he hit one onto the 18th tee from the 17th hole while we were teeing off. He thought that we were truly pissed when we were oni jokingly 'giving' him a hard time. Laughing

Still, a good way to get him to buy beer for everyone...just ask Slinger how its done. Razz
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Eh bro, Dun worry about it.

BTW, r u using any Ikasus or BFG prototype irons? Join us for the gathering leh.
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Not using the Ikasus or BFG prototype irons ... Thanks, probably during the next outing bounce

S70B wrote:
Eh bro, Dun worry about it.

BTW, r u using any Ikasus or BFG prototype irons? Join us for the gathering leh.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Well, if my flight mates or myself are slow, I will definitely let the back group overtake us.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 pm

shotah wrote:
Well, if my flight mates or myself are slow, I will definitely let the back group overtake us.

I would too but sometimes, there are several groups following behind.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:33 pm

The unfortunate incident which I encountered involved a three-ball flight who:

(1) Were good players judging by their speed and distance.
(2) Were in their late 20s but were NOT drinking alcohol.
(3) Were hitting a few metres behind us for at least three holes (5th-8th, Aranda).
(4) Were not apologetic at all.
(5) Almost hit the newbie women player in our fourball with one of their mid-fairway shots toward the green on which we had NOT cleared. (She would pick up her ball after teeing off and resume play near the green to not hold anybody else up.)

When confronted, one responded by complaining that we should never touch another golfer's ball when in play--my kaki set the rude player's ball up on a tee where it landed to point out that he almost hit a person in our group with his wreckless play. I told him that if he cannot abide by basic golf ettiquette, he should not be playing--it escalated from there.

While on the 9th tee box, that SOB ran up to me and wanted to fight. I told him to get his sorry arse off the tee box as I was ready to hit the ball. His freinds pulled him back towards their buggy but I heard him say something about a " idiot Chinaman who speaks like an bloody Yank". Ignoring the fool's racists babbling, I proceeded to calmly tee-off straight to about 150 metres.

At my second shot, I called the police as I could see him lurking about with a golf club in his hand and making threatening gestures at me with NO MARSHALLS IN SIGHT. (Was it the club's staff afternoon break time?)

tongue

My Singaporean golf kakis said there WAS A MARSHALL nearby but he drove off suddenly when the confrontation at the 8th and 9th holes occurred. Maybe an Asian's fear of three big ang mos? Pinkerton Syndrome, I dunno?

Anyways, newbies and the ignorant I can tolerate if sincere, but jack asses like those rude punks deserve whatever they get. Not all Asians can be bullied so easily. (I am NOT racists as some of my best friends are ang mos--in fact some of my close family members are also ang mos.)

Exclamation

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 pm

clarencekim wrote:
(4) Were not apologetic at all.

This is what annoys me the most. If you made an error, just apologize. People should watch White Men Can't Jump where Rosie Perez (I think it's her) says something along the lines of, "when you win, sometimes you lose; when you lose, sometimes you win..."
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:09 pm

I play OCC last week and get to no 6 on Vanda. I pull up to tee and guy is about 200 down the f/way standing there on his hand phone. I thought not much of it and went to club house to get a drink and sandwich instead of waiting for him. I came back to the tee almost 10 minutes later only to find the guy still standing in the same spot, still talking on the phone. In the meantime the next group also arrive at the 6th tee. So he has held up the whole field and the group in front of him are now on the 7th green. After no 6 is finished, I skip no 7 and go tee off the 8th as I was in a hurry. He then reports me to the marshal for passing him, when clearly he was over a hole and half behind. Phones on the course should be banned IMO. Not only are they distracting when they ring but they also hold up play.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
He then reports me to the marshal for passing him, when clearly he was over a hole and half behind. Phones on the course should be banned IMO. Not only are they distracting when they ring but they also hold up play.

This kinda ppl ought to be shot. Wat's wrong w passing anyway?

My hp is silent in the bag. I never answer any sms or calls as it always ruins my game. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

S70B wrote:

My hp is silent in the bag. I never answer any sms or calls as it always ruins my game. Evil or Very Mad
My phone will be in the locker.... I hate answering call on the course, be it my boss or my mistress..... they all spoil my game! Mad
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Ya. But I learnt that a hp is always useful to be close to you as it can be used for emergencies or when you play in malaysia and the chance of a buggy breaking down is always high. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm

i would have shot the bugger...

longest drives comes in handy now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rude golfers on the course   Rude golfers on the course - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rude golfers on the course
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next