Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker

Go down 
+15
asahi
Derek
mloy
klt8144
JGoh
duffader
poresia
freedrop
shorthitter
Begbie
kian
golfool2009
4dtoto
mengteck71
Slicer51
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Great video GF!
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:54 pm

calling for shifu/bob! if according to the video, do u rmbr our Aug 9th game where bob missed the 100-point par 3 putt) i had a ball on the right hand side of the cartpath ( i will be addressing the ball standing on the tracks) at kranji hole 15 (after halfway house - roght hand side got alot of trees and nearer to the green theres a big brown patch of rough with wooden bits and pieces),

can i drop on the left hand side of the cartpath where i can address and take my shot properly or i still have to drop in the dark brown patch on the rite??
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 pm

klt8144 wrote:
yo...yesterday at Kranji H2... my buddy tried to retrieve the ball from the bunker, he hits too hard and the ball get embedded deep inside the wall o f the bunker, apparently cannot see the ball unless dig out some of the grass and soil.. so how ? dig out the ball and let it drop into the bunker agai? any penalty? my other friend say ok leh..

at the same time due to the heavy rain,.. the bunker have many deep earthworms path created by the rain water,..the ball landed in the path... is there free lift?

what are the rules for these? pls enlighten...

hiaz.....bo pian lah, these are all the tough breaks in golf. Play as it lies or declare unplayable and take 1 stroke penalty lor.

White Flag
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:58 pm

kian wrote:
calling for shifu/bob! if according to the video, do u rmbr our Aug 9th game where bob missed the 100-point par 3 putt) i had a ball on the right hand side of the cartpath ( i will be addressing the ball standing on the tracks) at kranji hole 15 (after halfway house - roght hand side got alot of trees and nearer to the green theres a big brown patch of rough with wooden bits and pieces),

can i drop on the left hand side of the cartpath where i can address and take my shot properly or i still have to drop in the dark brown patch on the rite??

Nearest point of relief.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm moving away from an immovable obstruction here, but I have two questions on the rules as well:

1. When I was in the hazard on hole #2 of MBGC (the par 3), where I chunked an iron short and it rolled into the hazard but the ball remained dry. On my backswing, i hit some tall weeds (or plants or something). Is that a penalty? I didn't ground my club, didn't move any loose impediments, didn't improve my stance/swing as i didn't press the weeds back permanently or damage the weeds.

2. After hitting into a water hazard (yellow stakes), i was told by my partners that I couldn't attempt to play the ball despite being able to find it. Is this correct? I thought that I could try to hit the ball, as long as i didn't ground my club?

Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:00 pm

duffader wrote:
kian wrote:

Nearest point of relief.

As per the video, should be on the right side...
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:02 pm

tink u r not supposed to hit anythg during back swing....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Correctoz...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:07 pm

kian wrote:
tink u r not supposed to hit anythg during back swing....

You can hit something during your back swing, but it must not be the practise swing. And you can choose where to drop. Thats why certain games, the pros rather hit it off the cart path.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm

duffader wrote:
kian wrote:
klt8144 wrote:
yo...yesterday at Kranji H2... my buddy tried to retrieve the ball from the bunker, he hits too hard and the ball get embedded deep inside the wall o f the bunker, apparently cannot see the ball unless dig out some of the grass and soil.. so how ? dig out the ball and let it drop into the bunker agai? any penalty? my other friend say ok leh..

at the same time due to the heavy rain,.. the bunker have many deep earthworms path created by the rain water,..the ball landed in the path... is there free lift?

how can u ascertain those r "paths" created by earthworms??? tongue

i tink if embedded ball can take out but must drop inside the bunker w/o penalty. pls correct me if wrong. but if im playing vegas, i will him he needs to declare lost ball! santa

Bunkers, embedded, plays at it lies. You can take a drop with one stroke penalty and the ball still has to be in the bunker. (One club length)

Any PENALTY drop is 2 clublengths..... any FREE drop is one clublength.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Found the answer to my question but it's further confused me:

When faced with having to hit a golf ball out of a hazard, the golfer cannot test the conditions of the hazard by touching the ground with his hand or club (rule 13-4).

(a) The golfer is not permitted to create a stance, swing or line of play by moving, bending or altering anything growing or fixed, such as a tree branch, out of bounds stake and reeds. Doing so would violate rule 13-2. It does not matter whether the object in question is inside or outside the hazard.

(b)Though a golfer can't ground his club in a hazard when addressing the ball (rule 13-4), the club can touch or brush anything deemed to be an integral part of the golf course such as bushes, trees or any other growing thing during address and swing.

So it appears that what I did is ok as per (b) as long as the weeds moved during the normal course of my swing. As long as I wasn't 'gardening' during my practice swings, it should be ok? Any views?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:
kian wrote:
klt8144 wrote:

how can u ascertain those r "paths" created by earthworms??? tongue

i tink if embedded ball can take out but must drop inside the bunker w/o penalty. pls correct me if wrong. but if im playing vegas, i will him he needs to declare lost ball! santa

Bunkers, embedded, plays at it lies. You can take a drop with one stroke penalty and the ball still has to be in the bunker. (One club length)

Any PENALTY drop is 2 clublengths..... any FREE drop is one clublength.....

What if its a pot bunker and two club lengths leads me outside the bunker?
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Within 2 club length
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Agumon wrote:
Within 2 club length

Welcome back Agumon! MIA for so long.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Been quite busy . LC market giving me hernia. Start all over again Tom. Hhah
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 am

golfool2009 wrote:
I'm moving away from an immovable obstruction here, but I have two questions on the rules as well:

1. When I was in the hazard on hole #2 of MBGC (the par 3), where I chunked an iron short and it rolled into the hazard but the ball remained dry. On my backswing, i hit some tall weeds (or plants or something). Is that a penalty? I didn't ground my club, didn't move any loose impediments, didn't improve my stance/swing as i didn't press the weeds back permanently or damage the weeds.

2. After hitting into a water hazard (yellow stakes), i was told by my partners that I couldn't attempt to play the ball despite being able to find it. Is this correct? I thought that I could try to hit the ball, as long as i didn't ground my club?

1. No penalty, it's part of the swing.. even if you break some branches on the way, it's ok.

2. You can hit ball in the hazard, so long as YOU declare it playable, and not ground the club. Pros even take off their shoes to hit their ball(s) even from muddy ground in the hazard!!! UNLESS local rule forbid you to play from the hazard - like the crocodile hole at A' Formosa... it's FORBIDDEN to play from the hazard, or to pick up your ball if inside that hazard... HELP
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 am

JGoh wrote:
golfool2009 wrote:

1. No penalty, it's part of the swing.. even if you break some branches on the way, it's ok.

2. You can hit ball in the hazard, so long as YOU declare it playable, and not ground the club. Pros even take off their shoes to hit their ball(s) even from muddy ground in the hazard!!! UNLESS local rule forbid you to play from the hazard - like the crocodile hole at A' Formosa... it's FORBIDDEN to play from the hazard, or to pick up your ball if inside that hazard... HELP

Actually I think for A'famosa crocodile hazard, the fine print says that you can play from inside if you first sign the waiver form that will prevent you and your family members from suing the club in the event of a crocodile attack.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 am

if there is a croc there, i am just wondering, who will be so stupid to enter and play inside? take a penalty la. At least you are guaranteed to come finish the game alive.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 am

nientsu wrote:
if there is a croc there, i am just wondering, who will be so stupid to enter and play inside? take a penalty la. At least you are guaranteed to come finish the game alive.

the sign was there for a reason.... thus stupid ppl do exist
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 am

Either stupid or gian png.

Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm

There was indeed a stupid company director who went down A Famosa GC's crocodile pit, got bitten, sued the club and finally after 6 years won the lawsuit, rewarded RM43,000.

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/30648-crocodile-attack-victim-im-happy-be-alive
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 am

Anybody who's played that hole before will know his story doesn't gel with what he said. Guess the one truth is his own admission of how he was stubborn and egoistic before being bitten.

There is only one reason to go into the pit, and that is to pick balls. Of which there were many last time guarded by a huge tailless buaya. I remember throwing a pebble at it and it wouldn't budge. Before the joker climbed in, it was just an open pit half a storey deep with a ladder going down, and there was already a sign warning of the buaya inside. The last time I played there again, there was a wall built around the pit and metal fencing over the top, and no more buaya inside. Sad!

The initial newspaper report said he wandered into the pit looking for his ball and he stepped on what he thought was a log, which then turned around and bit him. The joker must have been blind not to notice anything.

Hello!!! It's not called Crocodile 9 for nothing, already a warning in itself.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:14 am

Hmmmm......dunno if that croc or mloy bites harder?!
Hahahahaaha

Good morning!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 am

Many years ago when I first played there I counted 5 crocs (each about 1.5m long, small crocs). With tails.

Few months ago, no sign of any crocs. The flimsy fencing and warnings are still there.

I too don't believe he slipped inside accidentally. The crocs should have bitten his balls (not the Pro V1 type) for lying.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 am

freedrop wrote:

I too don't believe he slipped inside accidentally. The crocs should have bitten his balls (not the Pro V1 type) for lying.

Some more can get money out of it. *slap forehead*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker   Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: immovable obstruction : distant marker
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2