Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is more important Dispersion or distant?

Go down 
+27
blee67
Ssquirrel
mizzy
Tituman
golfcoma
CoastGuy
alvinlee
zhenxua
eiji
X-Man
Turbo
tronos
alvin7379
S70B
weesern
Birdman
asahi
ghoonk
slinger
Duval_S
duffader
bomby
Yarra
JetA1
robert33
Cyp_PGA
TigaWood
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  Empty
PostSubject: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:52 pm

What is a good ratio for distant and dispersion
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:53 pm

HEY mate , i will say dispersion but the think will be 50/50 . have the distance and control you dispersion. but dispersion is a bit more important if you can keep the ball in play you have better chance to score low. cheers biggies
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Well I would say the ratio between distance and dispersion is bout 1:9

Distance without accuracy is utterly useless..

Accuracy without distance jus add 1 more stroke..

Personal view though...

Hehehe..
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Once, I watched golfchannel and heard Camilio Villegas said that " the higher the level you play in, the shorter you will be"
Make sense eh? Very much depends on which will enhance your level of enjoyment bro.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:27 pm

It's a no-brainer, really...

Would you rather drive 300 yards and spray it all over the place... Or you would have it about 225 yards (on average) splitting the fairways most of the time?
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:34 pm

If u ask. I will go for accuracy than distance. Even if I get to the green in one extra stroke I can still putt for par since i am accurate enough to get near the hole.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I ever heard a fellow GRian mention this.. " who cares whether i am on the fairway or not, as long as i am closer to the green!"
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 pm

bomby wrote:
If u ask. I will go for accuracy than distance. Even if I get to the green in one extra stroke I can still putt for par since i am accurate enough to get near the hole.

If accuracy is more important, should all of us be using stiffer shaft?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:02 pm

here 's a pee-shooter view of this:

In real life, there is no ideal situation ie, there is always dispersion. So the question, at least to me, is how much of dispersion can I tolerate. Currently my 'slice' tee off which I re-brand it as 'fade', fades to the right around 5-7.88m (hahaha...actually between 5-10m)......and such, this is something I can tolerate....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Duval_S wrote:

In real life, there is no ideal situation ie, there is always dispersion. So the question, at least to me, is how much of dispersion can I tolerate. Currently my 'slice' tee off which I re-brand it as 'fade', fades to the right around 5-7.88m (hahaha...actually between 5-10m)......and such, this is something I can tolerate....

good for u.....

mine abt 20m.....tats y me still seasoned beginner
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:11 pm

With my lambek swing I am confused, should I use stiff,regular or A.
But the funny think is all the 3 flex give same distant leh. how come ah?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Quote :
seebayho wrote:
With my lambek swing I am confused, should I use stiff,regular or A.
But the funny think is all the 3 flex give same distant leh. how come ah?

Bro, then you can try to apply my logic.

I too recently changed my driver shaft fm a stock shaft to a G4........but i did not (yet) go thru fitting, which I should. Just like you, both shaft give me same distance...but there is one subtle big difference (see how i contradict myself).......the G4, I need less effort...ie not much focus, not much worry...just whack......but the stock shaft, I need to look out for setup lah, swing lah..etc etc...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:17 pm

seebayho wrote:
bomby wrote:

If accuracy is more important, should all of us be using stiffer shaft?

This is what I believe: you should not be afraid to play the STIFFEST shaft you CAN handle in a driver...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Yarra wrote:

Would you rather drive 300 yards and spray it all over the place... Or you would have it about 225 yards (on average) splitting the fairways most of the time?

so true!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Yarra wrote:

True true. Well said.
225 yards, centre fairway......best!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:06 pm

slinger wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

good for u.....

Difference is, you swing pound the ball, Duval_S caress the ball....

You are at least 50 metres in front of him, so 20 metre dispersion very the good oredi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:07 pm

kns, slinger declaring himself as seasoned beginner!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Quote :
Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

good for u.....

You are at least 50 metres in front of him, so 20 metre dispersion very the good oredi. Very Happy

Must you tell this to everybody....so embarassing....now I am officially spit-shooter.....and Now I will have to play with paper back covering my face , while wearing white pants with red belt....with pink top.....SIGH
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

ghoonk wrote:

I saw a few very big piles of the 'sai' today on the course.... was that from Slinger?

Lucky din kena! geek
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

good for u.....

Must you tell this to everybody....so embarassing....now I am officially spit-shooter.....and Now I will have to play with paper back covering my face , while wearing white pants with red belt....with pink top.....SIGH

Don worry bro, you are the sharp shooter now, upgraded oredi.... Slinger drive past most people la for his size (me also included here hor). Why you think his nick is SLINGER? He SLING at the ball mah!!!

Apart from the paper bag, I think white pants, red belt and pink top will make you the most stylish golfer in GR lo.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:14 pm

ghoonk wrote:

Kena influenced by Duval, no doubt. lol!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 pm

okay, i am now declaring myself as FULL BEGINNER Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:17 pm

ghoonk wrote:
okay, i am now declaring myself as FULL BEGINNER Razz

Can someone tell me what is golf??? Have anybody ever heard the word: GOLF???
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Ya, golf is a game where people underdeclare their prowess. Me, i'm just a shameless tour-issued equipment slut, but doesn't mean that I can play well Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is more important Dispersion or distant?    Which is more important Dispersion or distant?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is more important Dispersion or distant?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next