Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course

Go down 
+7
thehacker
pushslice
freedrop
Genesis
slinger
golfool2009
Duval_S
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course Empty
PostSubject: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 pm

2nd shot....whack without control....and landed behind a green side bunker and pin is red flag protected by bunker.......LIAO !!!!!!

Try to aim for flag when there is an obvious gap in talent ........Have to always remind myself to aim for the middle of the green.

thinking that Fairway wood is something that need not be practised.....
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:22 pm

For short swings like ours, it's all in the hips....trust me, your distance will go up and most importantly, can be practised at home.... Razz ...your wife and/or gf will also appreciate...

when are we playing so we can do a side-by-side comparison?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Bro Golf fool......defnitely.

my sponsor exemption for Feb is done and dusted. Mar or April looks good.

BTW, I will need to hit range to do some serious rediscovering of how to swing the clubs before our ' comparison ' event.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:27 pm

common mistakes by SB...

1) wear clothes too PRO for them, makes it difficult to ask for more strokes eg. alvin-d-pro

2) once their 7i can hit 150m, always think they can achieve it 10/10 eg. MC

common mistakes dun make by SB...

1) their golf apparel bery chin-chye, makes ppl think they play 100++ eg. ZX

2) always tell ppl their drives only 180m eg TSS

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Question: What is average score for a SB?
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Never heard of "seasoned beginner". A seasoned golfer will not be a beginner. A beginner is never seasoned.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:16 pm

SB is only in GR...they played for a while but out of humility (or their actual level of play) they call themselves beginner, still. The difference with beginners is beginners really only start playing recently.

90 is their avg score, minus 3 plus 5, with the occasional plus 9 Laughing
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

I think a season beginner is probably one who has been playing at the range for quite sometime, then finally decide they are good enough for the greens.

I think the most common mistakes are

1. Having too high expectation of their abilities, only to realized what worked at the range doesn't work on the greens. Some of thiem do get shell shocked enough to stay away from golf for quite sometime. The thing to realize is pros make it look so easy because they play daily, that is why nothing really fazes them on the course. However, most of us have a day job to hold on to, so we can never be as sharp as them on the course. Just lower your expectations and enjoy the game.

2. Weak short game, especially weak putting. There is very little chance to really practice chips and putts due to lack of time, so most of them go to the range and just whack balls without any purpose other than to break a sweat.

3. Weak 2nd shots. The drive normally don't get you in catastrophic trouble, because most of us don't drive that far into trouble. It's the inability to execute a good 2nd shot that kills the score because that put our less than sharpe short game into stress.

My advice is simple, play more on the course, practice your short games with a vengeance. No point blowing your money on a nice new driver. Get fitted for a good set of irons, get an expensive putter to ensure you will practice it like an obsession.

THeres a fair bit of assumptions here of course, but it's what I learned from my own experience over the years.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 pm

pushslice wrote:
SB is only in GR...they played for a while but out of humility (or their actual level of play) they call themselves beginner, still. The difference with beginners is beginners really only start playing recently.

You are so 'chun'... cheers
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

thehacker wrote:
I think a season beginner is probably one who has been playing at the range for quite sometime, then finally decide they are good enough for the greens.

1. Having too high expectation of their abilities, only to realized what worked at the range doesn't work on the greens. Some of thiem do get shell shocked enough to stay away from golf for quite sometime. The thing to realize is pros make it look so easy because they play daily, that is why nothing really fazes them on the course. However, most of us have a day job to hold on to, so we can never be as sharp as them on the course. Just lower your expectations and enjoy the game.

2. Weak short game, especially weak putting. There is very little chance to really practice chips and putts due to lack of time, so most of them go to the range and just whack balls without any purpose other than to break a sweat.

3. Weak 2nd shots. The drive normally don't get you in catastrophic trouble, because most of us don't drive that far into trouble. It's the inability to execute a good 2nd shot that kills the score because that put our less than sharpe short game into stress.

My advice is simple, play more on the course, practice your short games with a vengeance. No point blowing your money on a nice new driver. Get fitted for a good set of irons, get an expensive putter to ensure you will practice it like an obsession.

THeres a fair bit of assumptions here of course, but it's what I learned from my own experience over the years.

Bro, until you played with DS then you know the true context of a SB as in GR... lol!
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Tituman wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Halo titu. u also sebei chun rite. hahah

Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Tituman wrote:
thehacker wrote:

Bro, until you played with DS then you know the true context of a SB as in GR... lol!
Oh yeah! Now that you mentioned, it suddently becomes so clear to me. I encountered so many of such SB when I join flight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Bro chow, i am applying to take the required PC test to become a member of the SBC (Seasoned Beginners Club). DS is Chairman now. Hope he will accept my application once I passed the test ... lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 pm

i have much to learn...

i wanna be like grand master, 4 5 6 7 player
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Tituman wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Bro chow, i am applying to take the required PC test to become a member of the SBC (Seasoned Beginners Club). DS is Chairman now. Hope he will accept my application once I passed the test ... lol! ROFL

Oh issit can i register myself & take the test. Bro DS how?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 pm

I...seebeybo song Titu....coz he always play consistent... Always long drive with his kajiki... I do 200, he does better with 240. Kanasai, this old fox always drive on fairway. Never runs wild..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 am

Quote :
golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Pls lah...you 2 damm funny hor

@ Bro Titu, you definitely have met the basic characteristics of a true SB....always prefer to play 2nd shot fm fairway, ...by hook by crook, we will get to the green......potential to play like pro but reality capable to play between high 80s to anywhere below 120 depending on opponent wagers....hahahahah

@ Bro golfchowk.....you ah.!!!! totally out of the league lah...but you can be my coach and I buy you beers....but heard that you should be cutting down on that liao...so I buy you kopi can?
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
Tituman wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Pls lah...you 2 damm funny hor

@ Bro Titu, you definitely have met the basic characteristics of a true SB....always prefer to play 2nd shot fm fairway, ...by hook by crook, we will get to the green......potential to play like pro but reality capable to play between high 80s to anywhere below 120 depending on opponent wagers....hahahahah

@ Bro golfchowk.....you ah.!!!! totally out of the league lah...but you can be my coach and I buy you beers....but heard that you should be cutting down on that liao...so I buy you kopi can?

Bro Ds aiyah dont said that lar. Now my game abit haywire lor..

Taking high blood, glucosamine, liveraid, calcium, muscle joint & bla bla..medicine now.
Pui tahan laio very expensive breakfast lor hahaha...

Bro Ds catch up for a drink ok.. kopi only. hahah..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course   Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common mistakes made by Seasoned Beginner on the course
Page 1 of 1