Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seasoned beginner

Go down 
+9
asahi
Duval_S
sob
Technospaz
Derek
pravnash
Turbo
Jamessun
Ken00
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken00
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi folks in gr,

I'm Kenneth. Picked up golf in my teens, played on and off a little. Recently became more committed to golf and therefore looking for peeps or groups to range or go to greens together! I'm a member of nsrcc so normally plays there. Let me know if there's any group or games that won't mind. This seasoned beginner! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jamessun
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jamessun

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Kenneth, good day.
What a precise subject title - Seasoned beginner!, I rank myself exactly into this cat. I started golf 10 yrs ago, played on and off at JB full courses but stopped going there since Mas Saramah escape which triggered infamous security check at causeway. Local course wise, I dont own a membership hence only play occasionally with a friend at RCC few time a yr. other than this only do short game at public ones like par3 section JCC, EGC, even at transview back to earlier yrs(now it's replaced by NUS U-town). Having said that, my view changed recently - a country club m'ship is relatively cheap now when comapre to the bloody 90+k CoE paper, right? since u r member of nsrcc, does it associated to Sambawang golf club? the later one is built for SAF offciers I heard.

My handicap still sucks due to not improved swing. so I grade myself as - seasoned beginner!

Good to say hi to u at this site, hope can catch up with u another day on green, Smile

James
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi James and Kenneth, do you mind playing at JB? Do you own any ride?
Back to top Go down
Jamessun
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jamessun

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Turbo wrote:
Hi James and Kenneth, do you mind playing at JB? Do you own any ride?
Hi Turbo, I dont mind play at JB especially taking 2nd link to places cross the check point, such as Poresia CC. I live around Pasir Panjang/West Coast, so convenient to take 2nd link if going play in jB.

what u think? u can WhatsApp me at my mobile nr 96581991

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
pravnash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Wow.. that's an interesting term.. "Seasoned beginner" ! It's this game which makes us all feel like beginners !!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 am

This coming April will mark 4 years since I first picked up the game as a result of a bad football injury.

With less than 5 years experience, and more than 2 years, guess that makes me a seasoned beginner as well ...

Looking forward to learning from all the experienced Golfers as well as naturally talented long hitting new Golfers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 am

I'm an aspiring Seasoned Beginner... Smile

Derek... I think the term "beginner" doesn't apply to you.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 am

Technospaz wrote:

+1

Golf is like flying an aeroplane, its the number of green time that you clock not when you started.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:

Brudder Techno......in my books, you had been a seasoned B since you gotten the nick 'Super J'
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Derek wrote:
This coming April will mark 4 years since I first picked up the game as a result of a bad football injury.

With less than 5 years experience, and more than 2 years, guess that makes me a seasoned beginner as well ...

Looking forward to learning from all the experienced Golfers as well as naturally talented long hitting new Golfers

SB my foot!!!! Very Happy

Anyway, welcome Kenneth!
There are SBs and there are 'SBs'.

lol!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Ken00 wrote:
Hi folks in gr,

I'm Kenneth. Picked up golf in my teens, played on and off a little. Recently became more committed to golf and therefore looking for peeps or groups to range or go to greens together! I'm a member of nsrcc so normally plays there. Let me know if there's any group or games that won't mind. This seasoned beginner! Twisted Evil

ken, look for nsrcc members thread....

there are many nsrcc members here, both wkday n wkend....

u can jio them or post here for games...

they will come to u if your seasoned beginner holds water....

btw, me also nsrcc member.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Seasoned beginner term is the in thing now? Then I also seasoned beginner....still cannot win m84.....how to be hcp 18??? Sad
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 pm

asahi wrote:
Derek wrote:

Anyway, welcome Kenneth!

lol!

SB - Seasoned Beginner

Alternatively, the B can stand for many things LOL!
Back to top Go down
guangzhao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Derek wrote:
asahi wrote:
Derek wrote:

Anyway, welcome Kenneth!

lol!

SB - Seasoned Beginner

Alternatively, the B can stand for many things LOL!

Seasoned Buaya?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seasoned beginner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasoned beginner   Seasoned beginner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seasoned beginner
Page 1 of 1