Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Budget 2011

Go down 
+10
golfool2009
mizzy
asahi
thehacker
duffader
Technospaz
zhenxua
p3nboy
Duval_S
Master
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Watching the budget LIVE now.

What do u guys think of the budget?
so far... tax breaks, tax rebates... no TV/RADIO license...

bounce
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Tax Relief for golf games betting....eg. cut throat, deep throat, sore throat, vegas, genting, marina, etc etc
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 pm

ho seh ah, no need to pay TV license liao.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 pm

sianz ... higher CPF ceiling means less take-home pay ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 pm

I was very sure I heard him say, "ZX cannot buaya anymore cause it's bad for the economy."
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:12 pm

zhenxua wrote:
sianz ... higher CPF ceiling means less take-home pay ...

wah lau... must join SMRT already... got undertable money plus high basic income...... tomorrow i go send my resume... must highlight one of my skill.... "25"
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Normally I hate to follow the budget, usually the gooddies they hand out is nothing big deal to me, and somehow they will find a way to may me pay for it in other ways.

It always suck to be the sandwich class, where everything they do is calculated to punish you for being relatively well to do, and nothing they do will be of any significance in the bigger scheme of things for you and your current lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I was very sure I heard him say, "ZX cannot buaya anymore cause it's bad for the economy."

bro, we very long never play together liao, when you free for a game?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:49 pm

zhenxua wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

bro, we very long never play together liao, when you free for a game?

Let me check with my banker to see if my overdraft has cleared...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 pm

thehacker wrote:
Normally I hate to follow the budget, usually the gooddies they hand out is nothing big deal to me, and somehow they will find a way to may me pay for it in other ways.

It always suck to be the sandwich class, where everything they do is calculated to punish you for being relatively well to do, and nothing they do will be of any significance in the bigger scheme of things for you and your current lifestyle.

Better than nothing my frd.... got alot of friends who complain previously. SOme of them actually migrated elsewhere.. and almost all of them is regretting now.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Goodies given are not too bad.....next thing now is praying that GST won't go up after GE.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 pm

depends on how many seats they lose
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:44 pm

asahi wrote:
Goodies given are not too bad.....next thing now is praying that GST won't go up after GE.

bro, look out for it in July
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am

budget was unexciting this year save the cut in progressive tax rate....in bigger news, after checking the singapore pools website, i've been forced to rip up my 'f**k you' letter to my boss....sigh!!!!....another year in the salt mines..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:15 am

this is so much better than the country which I come from.

over there , we literally get peanuts.....and that is not the type of peanuts over in SG hor...
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:29 pm

duffader wrote:
thehacker wrote:

Better than nothing my frd.... got alot of friends who complain previously. SOme of them actually migrated elsewhere.. and almost all of them is regretting now.
Frankly I rather get nothing just so the govt have no excuse to impose more of other revenue generating measures, like increase ERP, and God forbid GST.

It is whenever the Govt want to "help" certain group of people, or enhance certain things, inevitably it will cost money, which somehow somebody will have to pay for it. That would include you and me.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:51 pm

thehacker wrote:
duffader wrote:
thehacker wrote:

Frankly I rather get nothing just so the govt have no excuse to impose more of other revenue generating measures, like increase ERP, and God forbid GST.

It is whenever the Govt want to "help" certain group of people, or enhance certain things, inevitably it will cost money, which somehow somebody will have to pay for it. That would include you and me.

Well, I am with u with the gst. But rather bebpaying gst than service charge when I am not getting any.

And erp, it's high, but there is always options. Taking a longer route or leaving the house earlier. And at the end of te day, if we are really helping some other people, why not? At least the people are make other selfish people to do some charitable deeds.

Bottom line, accept how things are going to be and live with it. There is always an option of gg elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 pm

no wonder you wear all white at the recent Lo Hei game.

but i agree with you totally. i have lived here for 50 years and right now there is no other country that i can think off that to live for the next 10 years.

ERP is high but nobody force anyone to buy a car. the public transport is not bad either. if folks have lived somewhere else, they will understand and appreciate.

Nothing is ever good enough. like everyone else i hope to see opposition in power..but please long after i am gone hor.

talk about migrating..i know someone who became an Austrtalian, now he wants to come back but its impossible. His children are working here and they love it here. Sad when you think that one of the key reason is to avoid serving NS.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Thats why i move from next country to SG 3-4 yrs ago, where you have been given nothing there and being treated like 3rd class citizen. Singapore may have its flaws, it is still far better place to live in. Probably the only draw back is that its people have too high of an expectations and doesn't appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Quote :
Khorkar wrote:
Thats why i move from next country to SG 3-4 yrs ago, where you have been given nothing there and being treated like 3rd class citizen. Singapore may have its flaws, it is still far better place to live in. Probably the only draw back is that its people have too high of an expectations and doesn't appreciate it.

errr...bro, so what happen if another country gives you better tax breaks and better life style?

Guess you be singing...John Denver's " I be leaving on a jet plane'

lol!
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

duffader wrote:
thehacker wrote:
duffader wrote:
thehacker wrote:

Well, I am with u with the gst. But rather bebpaying gst than service charge when I am not getting any.

And erp, it's high, but there is always options. Taking a longer route or leaving the house earlier. And at the end of te day, if we are really helping some other people, why not? At least the people are make other selfish people to do some charitable deeds.

Bottom line, accept how things are going to be and live with it. There is always an option of gg elsewhere.

What annoyed me about the ERP, is that it is nothing more than a revenue generating policy and has very minimal effect on controlling traffic flow. I'm not affected by this policy because I go to office very early, and leave for home very early as well.

This and many other policies, are not so much as those policies are beneficial for the country. But rather a revenue generated move, and any potential benefits are touted to justify the policies.

I have been to places, and I call this place home only because of the friends and family I have here. Not because this is a great place because of the govt and opportunities here. Not because there is no other options except to stay here and have to live with it.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Benefits or not.. only those that really need them will and can appreciate it. Those who do not feel it, then high chance you are able to lead a better than average life.

Anyway, for your info, i heard the ERP thingy is a suggestion of a student who was on an attachment program. Smile But then again, we got reduction in the road taxes. So we take a little, and we give a bit more. But better than nothing right???
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 pm

duffader wrote:
Benefits or not.. only those that really need them will and can appreciate it. Those who do not feel it, then high chance you are able to lead a better than average life.

Anyway, for your info, i heard the ERP thingy is a suggestion of a student who was on an attachment program. Smile But then again, we got reduction in the road taxes. So we take a little, and we give a bit more. But better than nothing right???

Duffy.....are you that student? Suspect
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:13 pm

It seems we're getting a bit off topic but my 2 cents is that SG is a great place to live in... i've lived in a number of countries (both east and west) and have travelled extensively but i've chosen to settle down here cause i love the place...now, i can moan and b*tch about how expensive everything is, the stress, the small mindedness of many people, the lack of proper customer service....but isn't that the same everywhere else?...u just call it someting else, be it racism, crime, high taxes, etc......

Overall, I've put my roots down here, started a family, found great friends and now thanks to GR, more golf kakis than ever before...what more can a man ask for?????.....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
It seems we're getting a bit off topic but my 2 cents is that SG is a great place to live in... i've lived in a number of countries (both east and west) and have travelled extensively but i've chosen to settle down here cause i love the place...now, i can moan and b*tch about how expensive everything is, the stress, the small mindedness of many people, the lack of proper customer service....but isn't that the same everywhere else?...u just call it someting else, be it racism, crime, high taxes, etc......

Overall, I've put my roots down here, started a family, found great friends and now thanks to GR, more golf kakis than ever before...what more can a man ask for?????.....

can ask u for more golf strokes...on behalf of GR, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Budget 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget 2011   Budget 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Budget 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next