Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.

Go down 
+9
LCC
Genesis
simoner
jtek
eiji
Birdman
Tituman
mizzy
DRGjr72
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey All,

Just curious where you buy your balls/clubs/shoes....etc? Since I am about a week and half into my stay I wanted to get an idea of where to buy the necessary items.

Also looking to see if there are any places that might be priced better than others?? Is there a big used club market here? Or is that strictly for Ebay or the marketplace on GR??

The only store that I have seen was at the Paragon mall and I don't recall the name...maybe Golf World or something like that. I did not have time to roll in there and check it out. Curious to see what sort of offerings they have.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm using the search function to see if I can dig out something, but not getting any luck..

off hand -
Second Hand clubs and also for shoes you can go to Far East shopping centre. directly opposite Thai embassy.
Creative Golf at Kreta Ayer Rd. Or the Mkt place in GR.

Used Balls there is Dave. Look for his thread.

There are some fitters information here but I can't find it.

There are some sales and you can get updates on here where there are. We like to share info on good deals here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi bro, my suggestion is Far East Shopping Centre. There is a concentration of golf Retailers over there and you can get whatever you want there. Just check around before committing yourself. Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey Dan, head down to Far East Shopping Centre, it's sandwiched betweeen Wheelock Place and the Hilton Hotel, directly across the road from the Thai Embassy. If you take the MRT, get off at Orchard MRT station.

It's a haven of 2nd hand clubs, apparel and smaller golf shops where you could get a better deal on stuff you want or even don't want. All the golf stuff is on the 2nd floor with some in the basement. Nothing but the tourist shops on the ground floor.

There's another shop that's out of the ways and tough to find if you're not local. It's called Golf Direct. Even better prices though not everything's the latest on the market.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Far East Shopping Center beside hilton hotel like Birdman mention is a good place, remember to ask for discounted price for all the retail stuff. Used clubs can also be found there.

But since you are a customer of Joe's u might appreciate going to BFG for your equipment ho'ing needs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Golf Direct at Kaki Bukit great place to get new balls...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:01 pm

I would think it's Far East Shopping Centre.
BTW, Isetan Scotts will be having a golf fair starting 18 Feb. Quite good deals based on the flyer I received today.
Happy Shopping!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:08 pm

You may also want to try Pan-West @ Jln Perminpin (Near Bishan)
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 pm

simoner wrote:
I would think it's Far East Shopping Centre.
BTW, Isetan Scotts will be having a golf fair starting 18 Feb. Quite good deals based on the flyer I received today.
Happy Shopping!
Very Happy

Isetan golf fair you have to know the prices to sift out the real deals from the so called sale prices. Some of the advertised sale prices are what other retailers are already selling at. The discounts look good cos they're off the full RRP.
Back to top Go down
LCC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
LCC

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 pm

pardon my long winded 2 cents...

you can go far east shopping ctr for a good collection of golf shops... if not satisfy or wish to do some price hunting/comparison you can...

1. diagonally opp far east SC... Isetan Scotts...
2. walk down to Paragon... there should be WoG and pan west...
3. diagonally opp Paragon (next to ngee ann city)... Mandarin Gallery... there's a TM boutique...
4. back track to Ngee Ann City and Takashimaya... there's transview and golf house...
5. pass by wisma on your way to Orchard MRT from NAC... there is another WoG...
6. Popped by Wheellock place (between far east and ion)... there is homma shop...
7. now you should be stone throw from far east again...

happy shopping...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

LCC wrote:
pardon my long winded 2 cents...

you can go far east shopping ctr for a good collection of golf shops... if not satisfy or wish to do some price hunting/comparison you can...

1. diagonally opp far east SC... Isetan Scotts...
2. walk down to Paragon... there should be WoG and pan west...
3. diagonally opp Paragon (next to ngee ann city)... Mandarin Gallery... there's a TM boutique...
4. back track to Ngee Ann City and Takashimaya... there's transview and golf house...
5. pass by wisma on your way to Orchard MRT from NAC... there is another WoG...
6. Popped by Wheellock place (between far east and ion)... there is homma shop...
7. now you should be stone throw from far east again...

happy shopping...

Pretty much covered all of Orchard road, but bro, you didn't read the part about "better priced". Best all in one place still Far East SC to shop and compare prices.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 am

Wow!!!!

Thanks guys for all that information. That is exactly what I was look for and one of the reasons to come on a site such as this. Great information and really helpful.

I had no idea that Far East had that many golf shops!!! I have been in there a few times and I am down in that area almost every day (we are staying within 1KM of the Scott/Orchard road area and Paragon is quite close). Like I mentioned I know that there is the shop at Paragon but I am guessing like most shops in Paragon that it is a little pricey!!

I will have to check that out next time I am down there.

What should I expect to pay for a Dozen balls? Srizon Z-star yellow or something in that caliber or ball?

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 am

Dan...this is your welcome gift from BFG

a dozen of Srixon new Z-Star 2011 tour issue prototype. it will be in the Den from today and you have a week to find us and collect. it all adds to the fun.

Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. 5449170783_57d6ecbf30_z

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 am

@DGman....wow what a great gesture!!! Thank you so much. Now the hard part is going to find where you are at, how to get there, and all of that.

Time to get on some research...Just a quick question...What is the Den?

Dan
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 am

DRGjr72 wrote:
What is the Den?

I will gladly orientate you on the path way to the bottomless pit..

blk 1003, Bukit Merah Central, #03-11.
http://www.bigfishes.com/

if you need a ride, i can give you one complimentary ride.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:58 am

@ muar....Thanks for the information!!! I just found out that there is a bus I can take that drops me off right in front of the place. Maybe that should be the way to go the first time...part of the challenge in order to get the reward!!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 am

DRGjr72 wrote:
@ muar....Thanks for the information!!! I just found out that there is a bus I can take that drops me off right in front of the place.

its a sign from the golfing gods...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

i love these balls but ithey are better off in the hands of a more accomplished golfer.

see u at the Den soon Dan.

DGman

we are open daily from 12 to 8 pm, mondays to saturdays.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 am

Wow, what a gesture from DGman. Seems like you're going to become very familiar with the Den, Dan. And people are going to confuse the two to be one and the same.

"Hey, you heading down to the Dan... I mean... Den?" ROFL
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 pm

someone actually called the Den to ask if we have extra to sell....haha.

like the Callaway 2011 tour prototypes iS and iZ, these are not for sale hor.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 am

DRGjr72 wrote:
Wow!!!!

I had no idea that Far East had that many golf shops!!! I have been in there a few times and I am down in that area almost every day (we are staying within 1KM of the Scott/Orchard road area and Paragon is quite close). Like I

Bro, golf shops were in Far East Shopping Center not in Far East Plaza .. Sometime even the taxi driver get confused Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 pm

@Slicer. Thanks for the heads up. I could see myself walking around the FE plaza asking where are golf shops and people looking at me like I am looney......
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm

just step into the Den of Sin and Zen...you may not need to visit anywhere else

it is that scary affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:47 pm

If u think of getting some golf stuff from this Fri-Sun, can try Isetan golf sale. Esp if u own Isetan card..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.   Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy gear/balls/shoes...etc.
Page 1 of 1