Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking in a new shaft

Go down 
+2
asahi
Aaltl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaltl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Breaking in a new shaft Empty
PostSubject: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi

Am just wondering what are people's experiences with breaking in a new driver shaft. Does it perform significantly different from when it was new or is it one of those things when its more psychological than anything else?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi bro,

Hope this helps.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t5191-breaking-in-of-new-shaft?highlight=Shaft
Back to top Go down
Aaltl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:46 pm

aaltl, the search button on top is your best friend inside the forum Wink
Back to top Go down
Aaltl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:51 pm

I actually came across that thread but was hoping for more feedback and comments, that's all Smile the thread was kinda inconclusive
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:27 pm

well, personally i feel that breaking in / running in the shaft happens after a certain number of swings / hits and every shaft would react differently... you should ask DGman who is the most knowledgeable person i know regarding all things golf clubs...

but from my personal experience, i bought a brand new shaft and it worked great but after 3 games, i felt that shaft too whippy for my liking and i know from the trackman number that my swing did not change much...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 pm

aaltl, if youre lucky enough to know shamusan, he's the ultimate shaft running in machine...give him few whacks, it's done lor Laughing
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:31 pm

some believe in running in some don't.

its the same with running of car engines...some do it, some don't

question is what's it matter to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Aaltl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:10 pm

On the topic of breaking in, not so much on shaft, but drivers as this is the most frequently changed club in my bag.

For me I need to break in new drivers, not so much of the club that needs breaking in, but for me to get used to the feel and tendencies of the club. But one thing I do notice about drivers , after a couple of session, the clubface seem more responsive, and sweet spot contacts sounds more muted.

But I suppose for shafts, most people probably need time to get used to the feel of the shaft to be comfortable enough for it to go to the course.
Back to top Go down
Aaltl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I resifted my only driver so I think I'm gonna have to tee off with 3 wood for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking in a new shaft   Breaking in a new shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking in a new shaft
Page 1 of 1