Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?

Go down 
+4
S70B
duffader
shorthitter
solarpop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? Empty
PostSubject: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 am

Anyone know what's the latest update on the renovations? I understand they're doing the clubhouse already, but i really don't care for that at all. Any idea how they're improving the course? Will they finally move away from cow grass??

Out of country, and very out of touch.. Any updates will be much appreciated..
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 am

No, I hear still cowgrass, but they are aiming for the "best cowgrass course in Singapore"....

Their words not mine.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Sad.. looks like my prayers were not answered. How good can cow grass be.. really not looking forward to more muddy early morning games.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

With new drainage it will be ok, SICC Old course is Cow Grass it plays fine....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 pm

SH, u forgot abt bukit. Hehe
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:31 pm

duffader wrote:
SH, u forgot abt bukit. Hehe

Never played there mate, have tried Old course and new course only... both ok....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Ask u know who to arrange a game there. I think u will love it. Very challenging.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 pm

duffader wrote:
Ask u know who to arrange a game there. I think u will love it. Very challenging.

I find Tiger Woods playstation and Mandai challenging nowadays bro Lol.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:

I find Tiger Woods playstation and Mandai challenging nowadays bro Lol.... Very Happy

Hahaha...... Nice one mate!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Tons of excavators and heavy equipment littered on the 1st nine...but dun see anyone doing much cos of the heaps of rain coming down the past few days.

Its in shambles now...hope the renovation is worth it.

SH, Bukit is nice, tight and pretty long. I will always remember Nick Faldo and Monty battling it down the wire there during the JWC back in the early 90s.
Back to top Go down
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Loudmouth

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:36 pm

shorthitter wrote:
No, I hear still cowgrass, but they are aiming for the "best cowgrass course in Singapore"....

Their words not mine.... Very Happy

Update, SCC new course will have Bermuda grass instead of cowgrass. Lastest.

Cheers Jump hurray!
Back to top Go down
yhzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 pm

after they are done with the current reno, they will shut down the other 9 to make the entire course bermuda grass... that's what i heard... Very Happy good stuff for the members (i'm not, just played as guest)
Back to top Go down
golfcourseasart
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfcourseasart

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Just looked at the course website. Never seen a course with a hole 8A before! What's that about?
Back to top Go down
http://golfcourseasart.blogspot.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 pm

golfcourseasart wrote:
Just looked at the course website. Never seen a course with a hole 8A before! What's that about?

Used to have two spare Par 3 holes, the 8A and 13A. However, with the new front 9 redesign, there is not more Hole 8A Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?   Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sembawang Country Club - undergoing renovations?
Page 1 of 1