Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?

Go down 
+5
Birdman
clarencekim
duffader
Technospaz
Duval_S
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? Empty
PostSubject: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm

As much as I love this game, but I am still alittle unclear of the returns fm sponsoring a golf event.

In US , we start to see sponsor coming in and out...yes , economy is one factor...but even in good times, what will be the return ....tax relief?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 pm

It's the same for any sport, event etc off TV or otherwise. If spectators/viewers see the company's brand name enough, they are conditioned into liking that brand and/or associating that brand with the sport.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm

I thought some of them have special clinics arrange for their big customers??? ITs more healthy than a few nights of KTV and multiple rooms per night. I tried that before, super tiring.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:50 am

Duffador: "ITs more healthy than a few nights of KTV and multiple rooms per night. I tried that before, super tiring."

It depends on what KTV (family or 'gentlemens' type) and whom is with you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 am

clarencekim wrote:
Duffador: "ITs more healthy than a few nights of KTV and multiple rooms per night. I tried that before, super tiring."

I sure hope your wifey's not reading this forum CK... ROFL

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 am

clarencekim wrote:

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:56 am

clarencekim wrote:

CK, it was no joke. One of my company events
around 30 plus customers came over for a seminar plus F1, but they were hardly at the track. I felt more like a papa-san for that 4 nights.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 pm

duffader wrote:
clarencekim wrote:

around 30 plus customers came over for a seminar plus F1, but they were hardly at the track. I felt more like a papa-san for that 4 nights.
Hahaha... I know what you mean...
Those conferences that i attend up North are also the same... U start with Beer for Breakfast, then Beer for Lunch and throughout the day... Then off to dinner and then off to KTV with hard liquor...

Go for 3-4 days... Come back a crumpled person!!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:01 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
duffader wrote:
clarencekim wrote:

Those conferences that i attend up North are also the same... U start with Beer for Breakfast, then Beer for Lunch and throughout the day... Then off to dinner and then off to KTV with hard liquor...

I dun think duffy is even talking about beer..more like Women for breakfast, Women for Lunch and throughout the day....skip KTV and just go straight to the Lap Sup
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:07 pm

eiji wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
duffader wrote:
clarencekim wrote:

I dun think duffy is even talking about beer..more like Women for breakfast, Women for Lunch and throughout the day....skip KTV and just go straight to the Lap Sup

Clean living bro... clean living...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 pm

duffader wrote:
eiji wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
duffader wrote:
clarencekim wrote:

that explain why you need a "meditation avatar"....haha !!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
duffader wrote:
eiji wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
duffader wrote:
clarencekim wrote:

that explain why you need a "meditation avatar"....haha !!

Yah, need to refrain.. but i have been a good boy for the last 2 months i think..... better check my credit card bills to confirm. Smile
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Wah ... 2 months... Been taking matters into your own hands, bro?

lol!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Wah ... 2 months... Been taking matters into your own hands, bro?

lol!

Hahahaha..... you stalking me?

Anyway, i havent thank you for the commission on the Pioneer Headunit yet... hehehhe..
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Hahaha... simi stalking??? Trash talk confined at the other thread lah... Just going through the latest threads and found this...
Glad if you get some moolah from it... I hope you also get some from the speakers that I installed.
Razz
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:53 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Hahaha... simi stalking??? Trash talk confined at the other thread lah... Just going through the latest threads and found this...
Glad if you get some moolah from it... I hope you also get some from the speakers that I installed.
Razz

Ok lah, enuff to cover 3 x 14 wedges... Smile
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Razz

Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

duffader wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Razz

lol!

If got lobang for such cheap wedges, I oso want Razz
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:59 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
duffader wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Razz

lol!

If got lobang for such cheap wedges, I oso want Razz

$2 wedges??? potato wedges ah?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?   how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how does sponsoring a golf tourney makes business sense?
Page 1 of 1