Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nickent Golf out of business

Go down 
+7
mUAr_cHEe
eiji
Technospaz
Ssquirrel
ChrisD
S70B
botak
11 posters
AuthorMessage
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Nickent Golf out of business Empty
PostSubject: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 pm

11.16.09 | 3:44 PM
Nickent Golf, which at one time enjoyed considerable popularity on the Nationwide Tour in particular for its hybrids, appears to be out of business.

The company, which was put into receivership in May, terminated its employees last Friday and will begin the process of liquidating its assets immediately, according to an e-mail from a Nickent employee that was obtained by Golf World.

According to the e-mail, a number of groups -- including the Nickent management team -- tried to craft a bankruptcy/buyout agreement with the bank but were not successful, leading the bank to pull the plug on the company.

Although Nickent enjoyed success with its hybrids (including making their way into the bags of players such as Jim Furyk), the company could not parlay that success into other categories such as drivers, irons and putters. Additionally, recent success by other companies in the hybrid
category, such as Adams Golf, additionally hampered the company's business.

Golf Digest article link
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Sad to hear another golf company folding.....

but they were pretty crappy IMO. Am not surprised by the news.

Their 1st few hybrids were pretty ok. What followed after that was downhill all the way.

Grand Bigwin used to carry them I remember and nothing from them felt good. Doesn't matter if it was the 3DX or 4DX or watever.

Worse was the Pipe putter. Feel-less. The Pipe looked like a PVC tube stuck behind the face.

Eh MC, are you hearing this? Nickent Golf out of business Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Nevertheless,

Old ones dont go new ones will never come. Take it easy as this had never been a brand for most people.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:39 pm

nb.. I oso have a pipe putter leh... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:40 pm

SS, why am I not surprised? Nickent Golf out of business Icon_wink

The bummer was Sonartec since they always made great hybrids. Nickent, not so.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Sonartec... another regret of mine for not buying it when Golfers' Network was still in business Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:51 pm

I thought Nickent was pretty good. Their 4DX driver received decent ratings and it had one of those interchangeable heads too. That's too bad.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:52 pm

hmm would their 5dx hybrids go for cheap now? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Had a look at them up close. The paintjob was pretty weak and the heads looked shabbily done. Not good if a consumer could see not alot of $ was put into manufacturing them.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 pm

S70B wrote:
Worse was the Pipe putter. Feel-less. The Pipe looked like a PVC tube stuck behind the face.

i am. and i dun disagree. that is why i changed out of the pipe putter although she gave me my 27 putt game.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:46 pm

S70B wrote:
Sad to hear another golf company folding.....

but they were pretty crappy IMO. Am not surprised by the news.

Their 1st few hybrids were pretty ok. What followed after that was downhill all the way.

Grand Bigwin used to carry them I remember and nothing from them felt good. Doesn't matter if it was the 3DX or 4DX or watever.

You make me sad I have Nickent 14 deg hybrid in my bag stilll.... going to throw it away now..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 pm

I was hoping thare that Garmen will help.....by the way, Nickent is US company right
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I was hoping thare that Garmen will help.....by the way, Nickent is US company right

I have Graman in mine.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 pm

I am still using the 3DX pro which I bought during the Grand BigWin days.

Pretty Decent set of irons.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 am

shorthitter wrote:

You make me sad I have Nickent 14 deg hybrid in my bag stilll.... going to throw it away now..... Embarassed

Sorry mate, I say it as I see it. No offense to those who are still baggin them. Nickent Golf out of business Icon_redface

I tried to be unbias and gave them a go everytime I had the chance but the workmanship and green colour really turned me away.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:15 am

I thought the Nickent hybrids were somewhat decent.
On another note, according to an article in GolfWeek, the small independent mom & pop golf shops in the US are closing in record numbers. Tough business I guess when you have to compete with the internet e-tailers and the big chain golf stores that seem to offer better prices.
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 am

I had a ARC 56 wedge with Rifle Spinner shaft and that thing was freaking awesome...sigh... anyone bites the dust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nickent Golf out of business   Nickent Golf out of business I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1