Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

palm springs, batam

Go down 
+2
asahi
xtxtxtling
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

palm springs, batam Empty
PostSubject: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm

just found out that palm springs are offering some really attractive packages.

$95 for day tripper package that includes everything. on top of that, can choose to play another 9 holes or go for a 40 min massage..

anyone feel like going can contact me.. hehe i just ORD.. very free now
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm

So it's $95 for 27 holes then?
Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm

yup! it's on the website. can check it out. http://www.palmsprings.com.sg/
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 pm

From the webby:

Weekdays Special Promotion (Mon to Fri except PH) S$ 95 nett
Package inclusive of 2 way erry, buggy & caddy, 18 holes, golf insurance, land transfer, choice of another 9 holes or simple lunch or 40 min massage.

Back to top Go down
percular
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:54 am

Hi all,

Just wana rake up this old topic to check on some reviews for the above course.

Am visiting turi beach over the weekend. Would like to squeeze in a 9/18 hole with my gf.

Is this course beginner friendly?

I understand that there is another golf course called tamarin around the area. Has anyone played there before?

Please advise.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 am

If you're a beginner, please don't go to Palm Springs on weekends, unless you plan to tee it up very late in the afternoon. Hundreds of members play there in the morning, and I'm quite sure you don't want to be boo-ed off the course..

I have played Palm Springs numerous times, and always find new ways to admire the challenge the course has to offer.. It's loooong, narrow, and the greens are not easy in the least. After 5 years since my first play there, i only just 2 weeks ago managed to Par the first Par 5 and the 2nd Par 4 on the Palm course.. Two very very difficult holes to start the round..

I also tried Tamarin Santana 9 holes not long ago, and must say, for $30 including buggy for the 9 holes, it was a welcome experience. The course itself is not too shabby, and some of the holes are pretty challenging off the blues. For $30, it is worth it because it's never busy, and the caddies are very friendly. I really enjoyed this course, and suggest you give it a go instead of Palm Springs..

IMO, Turi Beach itself is not as how it used to be. It's more like a market now, with hundreds of riff-raff singaporeans flocking there over the weekend. It used to be so quiet and peaceful and somewhere you could go and find some solitude and simply to relax. Not anymore. I doubt i'll ever go there on the weekend or public holiday ever again.

In the mean time, enjoy your holiday and play well Smile
Back to top Go down
percular
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:04 am

Thanks tfp. Will give tamarin a Try then. Purpose is to have fun and allow gf to try out on course after so many range sessions. Btw I was quoted 40 bucks for 9 holes. Can advise where u booked Urs at 30?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am

Hmm.. I called the club itself when i was there. I remember it was a late Saturday afternoon. Maybe u ask when is the $30 promo?
They will pick you up from Turi Beach in a golf buggy. It's only a 5 minute buggy ride to the 5th hole tee box, where you'll start the round.. Smile
Cut more of the right corner on your tee shot if you're playing from the Blue. You'll be left with about a 130m or so approach..
Back to top Go down
antloh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antloh

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 pm

I played there a couple of times and always find the green challenging.
Back to top Go down
percular
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi guys,

Just as short FR.

How should I start...

Rained and Rained for the entire trip. Managed to squeeze in the 9 hole right before my ferry but could only finish 5 holes before it poured again.

Must say it is a pretty challenging course as some of the fairways are pretty narrow, at least to my standards.

Course isnt really well maintained. The greens have quite a fair bit of brown patches. I guess having really low visitorship dint really helped. However, at $25 its pretty affordable. Imagine the Mandai executive golf course but with more par 5 and 4s.

Caddy I had could really speak much english but was attentive to our needs.

Nonetheless, my gf and I enjoyed the 5 holes we played as we could take our time to hit our shots. No one except us on the course. Would be trying it out again to finish all nine holes.

I think its a pretty okay course to be introduced to golfing in a actual golf course.

Thanks again for the advise guys.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: palm springs, batam   palm springs, batam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

palm springs, batam
Page 1 of 1