Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Kaki

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NicholasHeng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Dear Members,

I was posted in Singapore for my new job. Searching in internet to find out where and how to get to play golf. Excited to know there is a golf forum in singapore where i can connet to.

As I am new to Singapore, I don't have any clue where to find golf kaki. Can someone help to advise...?

I have not played much in the past six months. Just started again during Christmas last year and played a few rounds of golf in KL.

I look forward to the advice.

Many thanks,

Regards,
Nicholas Heng

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 pm

First of all, welcome and 2nd of all, Gong HEi Fatt Choi....and 3rd of all, let me introduce myself...I am a seasoned beginner.

Now more importantly...your question.....do look out for the monthly games. Alternatively, we have many members who want to play and will post their request play time, then anybody who is free ...sure can join.

Also, we do have weekly range sessions on Wed at Marina Range...do come and mingle.....and who knows, you mite find some 'victims'...hahahah
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Dear Nicholas Heng,

wah so formal ah...welcome to the forum!

I was also newbie to golf and to Singapore 3 yrs ago. Very hard to play as one ball.

Quite easy actually.

1. join the various range sessions, meet people in person so people can put a face to your nick. Folks here are very friendly.
2. join the official monthly GR games
3. join one of the games on the local/overseas games thread. Check with them if they can tolerate your playing level (too pro or too beginner or too "expensive" i.e. for money games)
4. initiate games yourself, you'd be surprised with the response

for 1 & 2, check out the link on top right of this website.

happy golfing!

Sincerely,

Pushslice

Last edited by pushslice on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NicholasHeng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Many thanks.

Is there a monthly games in January? I am not sure I have a valid HC since I have not submitted any scorecard in the past two years. I am checking at the moment.

By the way, for Wed night at Marina, how can I recognize the group? At what time I should be there?

Duval_S wrote:
First of all, welcome and 2nd of all, Gong HEi Fatt Choi....and 3rd of all, let me introduce myself...I am a seasoned beginner.

Now more importantly...your question.....do look out for the monthly games. Alternatively, we have many members who want to play and will post their request play time, then anybody who is free ...sure can join.

Also, we do have weekly range sessions on Wed at Marina Range...do come and mingle.....and who knows, you mite find some 'victims'...hahahah
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 pm

the group usually practice in the middle bays at roof top, except when it's raining, then 3rd floor. You can identify them by the noise level and the chatter among themselves. Usually other people mind their own business when practicing, we dont.

8.30 is safe. if you dont find anyone, check 3rd floor or just start your practice first. Some will come later even until 10 pm

one warning, if you see a lady golfer, short hair, very loud, playing Miura irons. Do not, I repeat, do not agree to give her strokes. She is back to back champion of GR.
Back to top Go down
NicholasHeng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Many thanks.

I went to the top right and brought me to the local/oversea game. How can I become a MGK or MGC member?

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

January official GR game was cancelled.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t9331p120-golf-republic-presents-starry-starry-night#170049

www.mygolfkaki.com

MBGC has no membership, public course. The membership they offer is for e-booking facility.

www.mbgc.com.sg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Kaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kaki   Golf Kaki I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Kaki
Page 1 of 1