Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  Empty
PostSubject: How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"    How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Was reading The Straits Times a parent paper of Business Times, about the disqualification of Camilo Vilegas...... Sad or unfortunate as it maybe, but as they say Rules are Rules.... as the rules are run under the auspicious USGA & R&A , As long as the TD are consistent I have not qualm about it.

But some how in local context, tournament always state that their competition are under the rules of USGA/R&A and club local rules but somehow most TD waved rules when complexity crops up, so to save time and embarrassment to the organiser !

The one powerful and most abused rule, most misunderstood rule which they used freely and to their own wimps and fancy are "Decision of the TD/committee is Final" to me thats a loads of Bull.

Under the auspicious rules of golf either USGA or R&A ... esp if a rule violation leads to DQ(like wrong Hcp used or submission of wrong score), there's no time Limit to correct and make right the results ! But like I mention as the above Title/Topic...... how I wish...

well... well... well...

Had anyone here personally experience it ???
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"    How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 pm

U mean they use USGA and R&A rules??? I thought that one that the last game was held across a bridge uses "friendship" rules.... PLay 6 games to realise that the winner was already decided on the first game....
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"    How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Alot of rules lah, preferred lies rules, no lost ball rules, never complete the hole also can claim prize rules.......
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"    How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:33 pm

chinchiachun wrote:
Alot of rules lah, preferred lies rules, no lost ball rules, never complete the hole also can claim prize rules.......

The final one is TD rules. They decide who the winner is No

Reading about the disqualification of Camilo Vilegas, I start to understand why someone have the skill of pro but can't play pro Laughing
Back to top Go down
b.b.carabanesis
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
b.b.carabanesis

PostSubject: Re: How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"    How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Singaporeans are known to kia-si, kia-su and kia-bor? What more can you expect?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"    How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How I wish our Local TD who runs Tournament have "BALLs"
Page 1 of 1