Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driving Range VS Green

Go down 
+18
Begbie
lexancer
jurongtiger
Iluvgolf
blee67
sibeikuailan
asahi
Birdman
Shaggy
goGoffy
smallhorse
pushslice
duffader
Duval_S
weesern
ringrain_78
ironstarz
z01z01
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
z01z01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 pm

asahi wrote:
Hi there, just to share, me just adopted a new way of practice at the range.
Just started for my last range session yesterday.
New year, new style! Laughing

After stretching and warming up of 15 balls of sand wedge, 7 iron and driver ( 5 each hor).
I then embarked on playing '18 holes' at the range.
I visualize hitting each shot as if I am on the course and on the sequence sans putting.

e.g where I usually play on Sat at Poresia, it's a par 4 at 1st hole. So I hit driver first, followed by iron or even a wedge if My iron shot is short. The shot you play after your earlier shot is dictated by the earlier actual shot at the range. So if you seriously OB, then hit another driver shot before other shots.

This way, I get to almost simulate golfing on course and not just hitting ball after ball with the same club before changing which never happen on course.

Me just started this so will see how it goes and if it improves my score.

Very Happy

Excellent! I'll try it on my next range day. Smile hopefully it works for me too!

Thanks for the advise!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Wah...Bro Asahi.....I can see that in 2011 with such detail training, you will be leading the pack for Player of the year liao.....!!!!!

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 pm

No choice lah bro.

Trying to move my SB status from Simply Beginner to Seasoned Beginner.
So have to come up with new ideas to train with.

Give me time.....will level up with you soon.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 pm

asahi wrote:
No choice lah bro.

Laughing

You are Solid Buaya la... White Flag
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Wow!

Bro ashahi. can see you are very determined. Hmm...sounds interesting. Maybe i will also give it a shot hehe...
Back to top Go down
z01z01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 pm

blee2007 wrote:
asahi wrote:
No choice lah bro.

Laughing

Bro, what is a Buaya? I know in Malay is crocodile? What is it in GR terms? *Curious* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Interesting discussion.

I have the opposite problem.

When I am playing on grass, or at the range here (which is all grass) I can hit shots. But when I am back in Singapore ranges, I cannot seem to connect on the astro turf.

I have do not understand this as well...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Iluvgolf wrote:
Wow!

Bro ashahi. can see you are very determined. Hmm...sounds interesting. Maybe i will also give it a shot hehe...

I luv golf.....determined to make it more enjoyable for myself by playing better and coming back with better scores. hahaha

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Quote :
z01z01 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
asahi wrote:
No choice lah bro.

Laughing

Bro, what is a Buaya? I know in Malay is crocodile? What is it in GR terms? *Curious* Very Happy

ahhh....during uni days, the term 'Buaya' is a compliment to the guys for who are the ones who will go after the Gals.

In golf wise, this is a compliment (depending on which side of the coin one looks at) bestow on those golfers who are capable of playing much better than what they had been trying to say about themselves. Its a fine line between humble and hustle ...I guess.

Back to top Go down
lexancer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:38 pm

I agree with Birdman's comments. Its not about how many balls you hit at range.

Recently been playing par 3 courses more regularly. certainly helps in identifying gross errors which I make on course but not range. For me, slackness in making sure I have addressed the ball properly is an issue. Happens when I get tired and lose focus.

Interestingly, I also find that I learn more about things I can do to improve my game, and things that I should not do which hurt my game, more often on course than at range. So the following range session I remember all this and try to fix.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 pm

So when is the next range/par 3 session??
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
z01z01 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
asahi wrote:
No choice lah bro.

Laughing

ahhh....during uni days, the term 'Buaya' is a compliment to the guys for who are the ones who will go after the Gals.

In golf wise, this is a compliment (depending on which side of the coin one looks at) bestow on those golfers who are capable of playing much better than what they had been trying to say about themselves. Its a fine line between humble and hustle ...I guess.

Which uni u go bro? how come develop buaya-ness so late?
Back to top Go down
lexancer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:54 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
So when is the next range/par 3 session??

i tot we playing full 18 this weekend?
Back to top Go down
quacks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Try and keep the possible variables the same as well.

I have seen people wearing slippers, work shoes etc to the range and when they wear their proper golfing shoes they are thrown off by the height difference. I am not too sure if this really causes a difference in general but personally it does help for me.
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:07 pm

where is the good places for Par3 courses and does it need PC to play on weekend??
Back to top Go down
z01z01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Dan5 wrote:
where is the good places for Par3 courses and does it need PC to play on weekend??

You can try executive golf course at mandai. I dont think they will check on your PC. Often the lady will be inside the pro shop. Smile
Back to top Go down
z01z01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 pm

After practicing a few rounds at executive golf course (mandai), i find that my confidence improve tremendously. Definitely my games improve together with it. Also, it is a must to make an appointment with big fish to find out if the equipments that you are using suits your swing.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 pm

z01z01 wrote:
After practicing a few rounds at executive golf course (mandai), i find that my confidence improve tremendously. Definitely my games improve together with it. Also, it is a must to make an appointment with big fish to find out if the equipments that you are using suits your swing.

hmm.....trust that you had a good visit to the Den then?
Back to top Go down
z01z01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 am

asahi wrote:
z01z01 wrote:

hmm.....trust that you had a good visit to the Den then?

Yea man! An eye opener! Knowing the statistic will determine my weakness. Therefore, my objectives at the range will be clearer. Absolutely awesome to know such place! Thanks to GRians who introduce this place!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 am

Never too late to discover a cool place.

For yr next visit, do bring some offerings yea to get some more tips.
Heard market rate is now double boiled hashima.
Razz
Back to top Go down
z01z01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:10 am

wao! Are u serious!? Haha.. okok.. Noted! Next time i know what to do to get more tips! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ERiC-G
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Shaggy wrote:
z01z01 wrote:
Hi All! I have this weird issue about my range and green. At the range, my irons never give me any problems. I'm always able to hit straight shots with a good trajectory. But on course, i kept topping the ball with my irons. I tried to lower my stance but still have the same result. Sometime that im really puzzelled about is why at the range i can hit good shots while on the course i cant even hit a shot with a good contact just like practicing at the range?

Need help!!!

Most people have the same problem. At the driving range, the tempo is good after hitting many balls, if one hit a bad shot, no problem, there is always another ball, but at the course, it is different, you only got 1 shot to make, no second chance so there is always the anticipation and trying to see how the shot goes. Staying calm is the key.

I face the same problem, can't hit even my favourite 7 Iron prpoerly on green. I think my main problem is psychological barrier. On the green my thoughts are like "I only have this shot to make or break...", "pls don't hit a fat shot...", "need to hit harder to make the ball go further..." I know these thoughts are bad, and am trying to fight against this. My solution for now, practise more on par 3 courses, I think that should help...hopefully...
Back to top Go down
bogeyman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bogeyman

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

I used to have the same problems too. After a while, I realized that I was hittin it fat and topping them cos whenever I was on the course, I have a tendency to try and swing harder for further distances. Now, whenever u do that, you will tend to overswing and when u start on your downswing, your body will get out of position upon impact causing the topping and duffing. But I realized that I dun try and hit harder on the range thus getting better shots and lesser of the topping and duffing. So now whenever I go onto the course, I always remind myself not to swing harder for any particular distance but instead to go onto a club which I know will definitely reach the green without having to swing harder instead choosing to choke down on the club if you need it to go slightly shorter. Haven't really topped or duffer any shorts this way since then.

Just my humble 2 cts...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving Range VS Green   Driving Range VS Green - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driving Range VS Green
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2