Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Difference in performance

Go down 
+12
jocheang
golfcrazzi
Birdman
pocketace
asahi
skybobo
DGman
slinger
weesern
Frederick
Duval_S
ironstarz
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

Difference in performance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Ha ha. Got ya. That is a pattern I don't think I have seen yet. Shocked I look forward to the challenge. The after swing will definitely be less complicated. Beer

Cheers Cya
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 am

Hi ironstarz,
I'm sure Paul will be able to help u just as much as he had helped me. I'm looking forward to see ur b4 & after swing too. Being patient, perseverance and most importantly, having faith in the right sided methodology will help u to improve ur swing.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 am

jocheang wrote:
hey ironstarz..

just to add to the comments, one swing thought that you could have when taking your swing on the course is to make sure you keep looking at the ball until the ball is in the air. lots of times, we have the problem of being anxious to see where the ball is flying towards. i'm currently working on this, and because of this swing thought, it seems almost as if i've been staring at the ball, and then the divot that i've made before i look up, when in actual fact it's just a split second more to prevent topping the ball.

no need to worry too much about watching where the ball goes cos normally it'll be easy to see the ball in flight unless it's a sunny day and the sun's in the direction you are hitting. If that's the case, ask your buddies to look out for the ball for you.

also, on bad lies, think about placing the ball slightly back in your stance so that the club head hits the ball (and all of the ball) first before taking the divot.

lastly, another swing thought to take note is not to straighten your right leg on the backswing. straightening it would naturally increase your height, and if you don't correct it back in time, you'll swing a little higher than when you were first set-up.

don't think you'll have a prob with this since you're hitting fine on the range. probably just heed the frst swing thought about not looking up..

just my two cents worth! i've only been playing golf for *2-3* months but i've been studying it alot so here're some tips i've picked up that i've found useful..

all the best with the game!

Wah ... it is a scary thought that you have played golf for only 2-3 months and you spoke and giving advices like a pro. Wonder what your standard would be when you put in 12 months of playing time? I am already coming to 8 years of playing but am still a *Seasonal Beginner* . I am in the same exclusive club with Duval S. Always a SB comparing to you young guys. affraid

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:53 am

@ Titu....I am getting sleepless nites.....the more I read, the more I realized I am not doing the rite things.....seems like I will just have to stick to my mainstay training method of good shot retention...
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:16 am

Tituman wrote:

Wah ... it is a scary thought that you have played golf for only 2-3 months and you spoke and giving advices like a pro. Wonder what your standard would be when you put in 12 months of playing time? I am already coming to 8 years of playing but am still a *Seasonal Beginner* . I am in the same exclusive club with Duval S. Always a SB comparing to you young guys. affraid

titu

Bro Titu has been quite "touchy" lately ROFL
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Tituman wrote:

titu

Bro Titu has been quite "touchy" lately ROFL

Bro Benny,..when you played only 2 games inside 4 months, I betcha you will be same like me... ROFL ROFL ROFL My tennis and golfers elbow injuries are going nowhere towards recovering despite this amount of rest and 10 rounds of accupunture sessions... Sad Crying or Very sad pale

Last edited by Tituman on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

Duval_S wrote:
@ Titu....I am getting sleepless nites.....the more I read, the more I realized I am not doing the rite things.....seems like I will just have to stick to my mainstay training method of good shot retention...

WE of the bo leow club la. Now youngster pick up so quick, it is damm scary. I wanted to describe my own strokes also can't do it without the other listening party scratching their head scratch . Now this young guns can described in such lurid details really makes me think of picking up gardening leow... affraid
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

@Tituman:

no la not talking like a pro. just trying to help someone out. all the language i was using is the exact same language i hear in golf instructional videos, golf books, from my coach, etc. being able to talk about this stuff is one thing, being able to execute on the course is another..

but i fell in love with the game, and since then i've been working hard at it! i used to have the same probs as ironstarz that's why i thought i'd share my experience..

all the best with the game ironstarz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference in performance   Difference in performance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Difference in performance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Tips & Tricks-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.