Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? Empty
PostSubject: why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?   why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 am

Is it me or just me?

The US media is indeed quite bo liao.......anytime some young golfer wins tourney, they go on hyper mode to link the chap to the next Big thing.

If I recall, long time back, it was the Ty something

and now we have the Dustin.., the Ryo....and so on.

I just hope these young guns don get too big headed...becos till they at least win one major, there is nothign really to compare...IMO and IMO only.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?   why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 am

If they dun hype it up, there's no news...
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?   why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:42 pm

need good news to attract readers and therefore attract advertisement $$.

If they do not report and say he/she the NEXT thing... who would want to read? Marketing mar..
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?   why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:39 pm

golfers also need to make money. With hype comes $$$ from TM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?   why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why is it that anytime someone young win, the US media said he's the NEXT?
Page 1 of 1