Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pulai Springs golf course

Go down 
+7
elvingolf
slinger
fribriz
ooniik
westwoon
sebastianlim
archie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
archie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pulai Springs golf course Empty
PostSubject: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Thinking of playing on this course for the coming weekend. Can anyone give some feedback with regards to the course condition? thanks
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:43 pm

member of the club . haha. played there many years liao. overall the courses are quite hilly. but the course if im not wrong is quite nice. just that there is some divots not repair only...

melana got 1 par 3, must cross a short little patch of forest. quite interesting. if you short. the ball will roll down to either the sand bunker( if really kena sand bunker, good luck to come out as its very low. come out like cant see where the flag) or lagi worse. the ball roll down to the deep patch of forest. lost bal.

have fun!
Back to top Go down
westwoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
westwoon

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 am

[quote="sebastianlim"]member of the club . haha. played there many years liao. overall the courses are quite hilly. but the course if im not wrong is quite nice. just that there is some divots not repair only...

is pulai springs open to visitors on weekends?
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 am

sebastianlim wrote:
member of the club . haha. played there many years liao. overall the courses are quite hilly. but the course if im not wrong is quite nice. just that there is some divots not repair only...

melana got 1 par 3, must cross a short little patch of forest. quite interesting. if you short. the ball will roll down to either the sand bunker( if really kena sand bunker, good luck to come out as its very low. come out like cant see where the flag) or lagi worse. the ball roll down to the deep patch of forest. lost bal.

have fun!

Hahah... this is my favourite hole..... very intimidating when u see the green on the opposite side, separated by a ravine(forrested area). It's a short hole, maybe 120m from white but sure is a challenge.
Back to top Go down
fribriz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fribriz

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 am

[quote="westwoon"]
sebastianlim wrote:

is pulai springs open to visitors on weekends?

Pulai Springs is a well kept member's course. Guests are welcome but can be quite expensive. However the conditions of the 2 courses (Palm and Melana) are very good if compared to the other courses in JB.

Both Palm and Melana has interesting layouts and requires good course management. I would say that Melana is a "thinking golfer's" course. It can be quite narrow on some fairways and requires discipline and straight shots of course.

Engage the services of the caddies. Especially the male Indonesian ones. They are very good and professional. The female Indonesian and China caddies make good companions for cleaning balls and bringing clubs to you.

Hope you enjoy golfing there.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 pm

that short par 3 would be the ravine hole, the back pin position is a killer, short got to putt uphill, long dunno how to chip......

but the 2 par 4s before that are tough as well, fairway tight n tough greens as well

find melana tougher than pulai, it sure is a thinking course.....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:24 pm

actually i havent play pulai for couple of years oreadi, but i have to say that the both courses have its merits, both are thinking courses n i owe my discipline n good course management from playing these 2 courses...... i would recommend others to play pulai/melana

minus point: greens are slow, need to knock your putts (but that was years ago, dunno know abt now)
Back to top Go down
elvingolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 pm

How is the membership?

Compare to Palm Resort, which one is better?
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:43 pm

just had my last game there. played full melan course..

there got 2 course. 1 is pulai. 1 is melana...

abt that par 3. i played from blue.. 1 shot.. on.. second putt.. very hard putt.. third miss the hole. 4th! get in the hole Sad..

regarding the membership. not very sure .. but they got singapore branch, you can call in..
Back to top Go down
KL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Can any bro share lobang to book for Pulai Springs?

How much is it to play during weekends?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Quote :
KL wrote:
Can any bro share lobang to book for Pulai Springs?

How much is it to play during weekends?

Thanks.

lemme help.....you can check out here

http://www.pulaisprings.com/v_flash/index.html

sighhhh
Back to top Go down
KL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:28 pm

oppss ... sorry, wasn't clear in my question.

Already checked the website ... was hoping that there were booking agents with cheaper rates than published rates like some other JB courses

Thanks for the reply anyway
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:39 am

it really makes you strategise your shots ... a thinking man's course ...

the Chinese restaurant is having rm68++ (nett 85) all-you-can-eat buffet till end Aug ...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 am

U sure it's eat all you can. More like eat only if you can. Hahaahh...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:03 am

The stuffs we ate...
1. 2 live steam fish (garlic and hong kong style)
2. 2 dishes of Prawns (salted egg and XO sauce)
3. Faked Shark fin soup
4. Fish maw soup
5. 2 dishes of aparagus in XO and garlic
6. Chicken with dried chilli
7. Sliced fish with XO sauce
8. Tea smoked duck (half)
9. Duck with Mango and salad sauce (half)
10. Chinese scramble egg
11. Ostrich meat with ginger and onion
12. Venison meat with XO sauce
13. Marinated fish jelly
14. Or ne
15. Fruits platter
16. Longan almond
17. Honey dew sago with ice cream
18. GUI ling GAO
19. MUAR CHEE (ZX favourite dish of the night... He mentioned this is something he always eat)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs golf course   Pulai Springs golf course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulai Springs golf course
Page 1 of 1