Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oversize putter grip

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Oversize putter grip Empty
PostSubject: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Can't help noticing this at the concluded Wyndham Championship......but seems like quite a fair bit of tour players are using this oversized grips for their putters.

Does oversize grip helps in putting?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Well, It's supposed to make the hands work as a single unit, locking the wrists and taking them out of the stroke, thereby eliminating breakdown of the left wrist after impact.

I have moved from thinner grips gradually upwards and now have the Iomic grips which I find just large enough to help eliminate a wristy stroke. The KJ Choi SuperStroke too big for me to feel comfortable with though. Very 'kao ek' for me when I tried setting up with it.
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 pm

I tried one and it didnt really make a difference.

I liked the change for a while, but went back to normal Iomic putter grip after a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 pm

i find that oversize grips kill feel.

Iomic grips are superb, waiting for BFG to stock my favorite textured ones.

Thanks to bro foolwalking for recommending me iomic grips...
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
Well, It's supposed to make the hands work as a single unit, locking the wrists and taking them out of the stroke, thereby eliminating breakdown of the left wrist after impact.

I have moved from thinner grips gradually upwards and now have the Iomic grips which I find just large enough to help eliminate a wristy stroke. The KJ Choi SuperStroke too big for me to feel comfortable with though. Very 'kao ek' for me when I tried setting up with it.

Yea, your sky blue Iomic Grip was just about right.......mind sharing the model? And regular size?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Asahi, it's the same one DGman uses. If you look at the butt end, it's teardrop shaped. Just checked and it doesn't seem to have a model designation on it.

Here's a thought! Ever wondered how come US spec clubs have thicker grips than Jap spec clubs? Yet grips for many US speced putters have grips like chopsticks? eg Scotty's.

Do American golfers hands suddenly shrink to a smaller size when they putt?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Ermmmm......mmmm,,mmmmm, having bigger/thicker palms/hands already cause them lose feel, so they go for thinner grips?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 am

u know what hey say abt men with big hands right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oversize putter grip   Oversize putter grip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oversize putter grip
Page 1 of 1