Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big size putter grip

Go down 
+3
jaketang
Technospaz
sickcow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sickcow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sickcow

Big size putter grip Empty
PostSubject: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 am

Hi,

Anyone here able to advise me where can I find big size putter grip like 2-thumb grip?

another grip is super stroke. where can I find super stroke grip in singapore.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:26 am

I think I've seen the 2 thumb grip at the Den (Big Fish Golf).
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:26 am

pls make sure yr weight will be the same.......

if not, u are in for a big surprise... i know... trust me..... Sad
Back to top Go down
sickcow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sickcow

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your advice.

I am using Tri-ball odyssey putter. But I find that the original grip cannot control well since the putter head is heavy.

So I am looking for a over-sized grip to increase the control of the putter...

I used 2-thrumb grip for my previous putter before so now looking for alternative. otherwise, i will go back to use the same grip for my current putter
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 am

Hey, can share more on this....

do you mean that the weight of the bigger grip will lead to an unbalanced swing ?
i thought it does not matter to much to putter coz not to swing weight equivalent..

jaketang wrote:
pls make sure yr weight will be the same.......

if not, u are in for a big surprise... i know... trust me..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am

sickcow wrote:
Hi,

another grip is super stroke. where can I find super stroke grip in singapore.

hi
i hv seen super strokes on sale at transview golf too
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:34 am

This is often a very under-discussed topic about putters and the putting stroke.

Your putter swingweight should match the rest of your set for consistency. If you have a swingweight of D2s in your Driver, irons and wedges, you should try and match your putter to a D2 too.

By having a big grip on your putter, your swingweight can actually change quite a few points. It will look like a great way to keep your hands and wrists quiet but you might suffer a lack of putter head feel during the stroke and potential distance control problems.
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:35 am

I had my 2 half-mallet putters grip changed to similar bigger size grip, one at Golf House Suntec, and one at Fairway Club (range) at Jurong.

Both fitters also advised it will affect swing weight if the putter is light (e.g. blade putter), and would not recommend.

I tried both putters, both ease the grip (less tension), but imho it still depends on one's putting swing consistency;
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:38 am

Lets just say that the world's best putters all use skinny grips. If you are considering them, you are going the wrong direction of trying to improve.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 am

hmmm, i m not a expert or into those swing weight etc...

what i am saying, if u are already very happy and comfortable with yr current putter, try not to change anything, (changing grips, adding lead tape, etc)

if u need to change the grip, due to wear n tear, try to ask the fitter if possible to replace with a grip tht's similar in weight to the original grip.

my case, i change my grip due to the old one tht's worn off..... saw this beautiful grip but slightly larger, so change it w/o thinking.... (i think is abt 20g heavier then the original standard grip)
so use it during game n find tht i cant feel the putter head as before (head feels lighter) so start to putt abit inconsistent...

then i put extra lead tape at the head to counter this... finally i can feel the putter head again... but i forgot something.... every putts start to flies!! (coz now the putter is much more heavier then b4).. tht's how i screw up my putting.... Sad

finally, now i change back to a standard grip n remove the lead tape.... putting slightly improve back but now still with lots of uncertainty.... sigh....
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am

S70B wrote:
Lets just say that the world's best putters all use skinny grips. If you are considering them, you are going the wrong direction of trying to improve.

Cant agree less.. Smile

* about time to make a virgin visit to the den mentioned by GRians... * clown
Back to top Go down
sickcow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sickcow

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for all your valuable input...

does anyone using tri-ball putter here?

i really find is hard to control with the current grip, i guess that is the reason why ppl is selling away here.

but i think it is just a great putter but need to control it fully and you will unleash the potential for eagle or birdie putt...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big size putter grip   Big size putter grip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big size putter grip
Page 1 of 1