Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do I play for the score @ golf

Go down 
+4
Tituman
TheFocalPoint
jtek
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Do I play for the score @ golf  Empty
PostSubject: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Ok, we heard enough of folks saying that we play golf coz to up the brudderhood level, frenship, courtship, sistaship, 'bullshit'...etc.etc

But putting all these important things aside....for me, do I play for score?

For me, I have a mix.....certain game, I will be have games whereby I will be looking at how solid is my contact vs. the score....because trying a different course management wchih calls for different shot or irons or length

But of coz, on certain, its just score....don care whether its a 4K shot etc...can get in hole fastest, thats good.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Eh... I play for the green, the fun, the company & of cos to take a day off from handling kids... ha ha ha...

If i play for the score... I would had gave up this game liao lor... ha ha ha...
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Definitely about the score for me..
I think most of us are constantly secretly trying to beat our personal best everytime we play..
While doing that, it's nice to meet new people and chat about different stuff..

I equaled my personal best of 81 yesterday at Batam Hills. Played 39 and 42. Sigh.. so near to 79, but alas, not to be. I guess the pursuit of that number will make me keep playing...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:45 pm

I do play for the score but on a bad day I just take it as just a bad day for golf. Worst to worst I will exclaimed " CHAO KEROPOK !!! " kekekek. I usually laughed at myself after that for making the lousy shot. You see, I don't gamble so hitting a bad shot is not worth anything at all to me. If anything just pay for a drink after the game. And paying for the drinks after the game were normal, whether with betting or not. BUt can't say for people who bets BIG. Thus hitting a bad shot means big money. Thats why you see people losing tempers all over the shop.
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 am

I play for personal gratification.

If im hitting the ball well, then ill try to get some kind of achievement out of the round, like a personal best gross score, p.b hole score, or whatever gan be gotten.

If it just aint happening that day then i will try to forget about the golf a bit and just enjoy being out in the green and false nature.

At the end of the day,a bad day on the golf course is always better than a good day in the office!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:38 am

Moonfruit wrote:
I play for personal gratification.

If im hitting the ball well, then ill try to get some kind of achievement out of the round, like a personal best gross score, p.b hole score, or whatever gan be gotten.

If it just aint happening that day then i will try to forget about the golf a bit and just enjoy being out in the green and false nature.

At the end of the day,a bad day on the golf course is always better than a good day in the office!

Well, inspite of my long windedness, I guessed you speak for me too mate. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jelly8704
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:26 pm

ok , I admit I play for the score in golf , but I care for more the interesting in golf . I like play by wy pinkdiscount golf clubs[/url] , which dad bought for me . golf - it's interesting

edited..no spamming. 2nd time.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I play to beat my competitors heads in...figuratively speaking of course...and to set personal bests, i.e. best 9 or best 18.....i'm also still looking for my first 'real' eagle, ie 2 on for a par 5 and one putt....

on bad days, where i've played poorly on the front nine..i'll try to shoot a good score on the second nine, e.g. 9 over on the front nine but try and shoot 3 or 4 over on the back....

but what drives me most is being able to shoot par......i vow to quit golf and learn something new such as knitting once i've attained the unattainable...!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Bro, your aspiration is cool!

But dun need to go into knitting if you achieve your aim lah.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 pm

actually i don't have such altruistic goals....unlike tituman, i feel that golf without gambling is like cornflakes without milk....i always need a little bet to get going...my favourite game is the m'sian 15-5-5....it always helps to know whether you can make that big shot when you have to....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I play for the score @ golf    Do I play for the score @ golf  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do I play for the score @ golf
Page 1 of 1