Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker Empty
PostSubject: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi all.

My golf buddy just came into the office a minute ago and recommended me a software he used on his nokia E71 for GPS tracking of every hole! marking of greens, hazards and all.

Sounds way too cool.

Anyone with similar softwares used on mobile phonesthat we can share their usefulness on courses?

How abt standalone devices with similar features? Maybe cost less than the subscription to this program.??

My fren is using WeGolf - for USD100

Check it out and give your comments!

http://wegolf.net/
Back to top Go down
Ken_
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ken_

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Jurongtiger, I tried using a Golf GPS app on my iPhone before, but it isn't that good - the problem is that I need to keep the app running all the time - otherwise it takes a while to sync up with the GPS satellites. It really runs down the battery! Not sure if the E71 is better here.

I bought a Sonocaddie off lamts18, and it works wonderfully. I would recommend a dedicated GPS if you want one... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Does sonocaddie have all the courses in Singapore? I checked their site and it seems they haven't mapped Sembawang CC which is my usual haunt. What about the courses in JB? Anyone tried requesting for a map? How long would it take? Would they even bother doing it?

Been wanting to get a GPS for the longest time, the only thing holding me back is a possible lack of support in our region
Back to top Go down
Ken_
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ken_

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 pm

solarpop, I've just checked the sonocaddie site, and you are right, Sembawang CC is not mapped. I know some of the other forumers have sonocaddies as well (I don't really play that much - definitely not as often as I wish), but I remember that Jimmy Choo did say that he mapped a couple of courses in Bintan.

If you visit Sembawang very often, perhaps you can consider doing your own mapping?

I play at NSRCC and MBGC, and the maps for NSRCC Changi, Kanji and MBGC works well.

I think most of the JB courses do not have maps as well. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 am

The Sonocaddie maps for TMCC & SICC sucks.... but for warren and NSRCC is quite good.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:37 am

I had intelligolf on my Samsung Omnia; performance is so-so;
I don't quite trust the distance it reads and it sucks the battery out of my phone.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:19 am

Actually, even if the device/program do not have the actual course layout, it wld still be fine by me. Like what my golf buddy did, he just mark the hazards and the middle of the greens himself for the courses he goes to.

That can be done with the device you guys have right?
Back to top Go down
Ken_
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ken_

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:14 am

Yes, the Sonocaddie allows you to create your own map for the course. You can add green info (front, back), hazards etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker   Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf GPS on your mobile, score tracker
Page 1 of 1