Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Losing golf Mojo

Go down 
+7
codered
joshcct
Duval_S
watermyforrest
asahi
Elysium
Winston
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:00 am

Recenlty my golf game has been getting from bad to worse. Have lost my swing and feel for putting. Thank god I am still left with my driver. If I had also lsot my driver swing, I think I will give up golf.

Has anyone faced this situation and what do you do to try to get yoursefl out of this rut???? White Flag HELP
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:09 am

Lessons, new clubs and lower expectations Smile
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:33 am

Lessons already had. Now taking lessons on an ad hoc basis. My expectations are already quite low which is to consistently break 110. There was a time I was sonsistently breaking 110, a few times very close to breaking 100 and suddenly it just went downhill.

As for new equipment, I am sure it is not the equipment fault, rather it is me. In other words, its the red indian, not the arrow.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:43 am

Bro, for me, on one weekend, I lost my swing. I went back to find out what I did extra.
I found out it was due to stiff body arising from too many gym sessions for me.

So just gotta balance gym and golf.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:45 am

Bro Winston, you need to enjoy the game rather than concern yourself too much with the score. But if die die must score better then I suggest that you don't just record your score but also note where those scores get bloated. Most golfers usually incur lots of strokes due to poor Putting and chipping and therefore need to practice their short games more.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:16 am

One of my most satisfying game was when all things went wrong....Driver begining to thing that its wedge, Irons thing that they are putter......and putter think that they are driver...

you go imagine....

BUT honestly, it was scramble at its best...

So, don lose faith....remember its a process and persevere
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:33 am

i had this experience 2 weeks ago, where i can't hit my driver, hybrid and irons at the range.

it took me about 300 range balls to correct my swing back. reason being, i'd not been going to range or green for a month and the head, hands, body, and legs coordination were not there.

like what Duval said, don lose faith.

There are ups and downs, even Tiger and Phil have difficulty maintaining their score, let alone us.
Back to top Go down
codered
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:23 am

Once a while we'll experience "down turn" in our swing. I guess this happens to every golfer. The trick is how to get it back. For me, i'll try to get the feel back by going back to the basic, ie half swing, chipping, etc before going back to full practice. Check stance, alignment, grip, setup, ball alignment etc - very likely one of these drifted from your norm. If i still don't get it, i'll go home. I choose not to practice too many balls - worried that i'll train my body the bad stuff. So, my max training about 100 balls each time(average 60-80, about 1-1.5 hour), good day or bad day.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:39 am

Enjoy e process. If u get e desired result, its a bonus. Much like everything we do in life.

If u always quarrel w ur partner, does tat mean u gonna break up? Peace
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 am

I also try to limit my balls each time, be it good or bad and think of mechanics only out of game or range..... when at range/game, focus on the outcome not the individual swing or specific movements.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:59 pm

My swing thoughts when hitting irons on bad days:
1. Shorten back swing
2. Pause at the top of the swing
3. Swing slower / smoother

Works every time......
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Batman wrote:
Enjoy e process. If u get e desired result, its a bonus. Much like everything we do in life.

If u always quarrel w ur partner, does tat mean u gonna break up? Peace

I put the ball back in your court. If you quarrel everyday with your partner would you still stay in the relationship?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Bro Winston, you need to enjoy the game rather than concern yourself too much with the score. But if die die must score better then I suggest that you don't just record your score but also note where those scores get bloated. Most golfers usually incur lots of strokes due to poor Putting and chipping and therefore need to practice their short games more.

Hi WMF,

I am not concerned with my scores as yet. At best I am a double bogey player. I 3/4 swing most of the time but then it just seems that my game has just decided to abandon me. Don't even have cofidence for a 50m shot. The last game I played, I had 14 2 putts, the rest were 3 putts. But at the end of the day, I came back with the worst results ever. very close to DOUBLE PAR game!!!!!!!!! affraid After the first 9, nearly wanted to just stop playing. Decided not to check my scorecard for the back 9 and just coninue to play. When my caddy gave me back my cord, I nearly fainted. Score came back same as the front 9. WAH PIANG OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:32 pm

it's tme to do some self reflection and see where did it went wrong and stop going to course for the time being. Spend some time at the range and start from basic. Thats what i am doing right now as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Losing golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing golf Mojo   Losing golf Mojo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing golf Mojo
Page 1 of 1