Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)

Go down 
+4
DGman
mizzy
asahi
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) Empty
PostSubject: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:57 am

Like many, I was intrigued by the ability of many golfers , some I had the honor to play with and some, who I can admire fm afar. Specifically their iron play and driver.

All this while I been a pretty much 'low mainteance' golfer...where I just use whatever shaft the equipment comes along....my philosophy was ' Change the swing to suit the equipment'...

BUT...that was in the past now!!!!

2 weeks back I had the chance to change my driver shaft to another (white color....with blue small pics on it) and was totally amazed with the result. To be fair...I did not do justice to it by taking it out at range to test it...but nevertheless after 3-4 holes in the course of a game.. fm the layman's view I am pretty confident ...if for nothing else, it enables me to get the same result with less effort...bottomline confidence.....resulting in less stress and anxiety. Sorry, I am not techie enough to quote dispersion, torque and all other jazz...coz I am still seasoned beginner

so for anybody who is like me , and if you plan to change shaft....pls do not repeat my mistake

Go and whack a few times on range....( just in case, you do not already know that) before going to game.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 am

Congrats bro on your new found joy!

Eh, you know tis post gonna invite ppl to ask strokes from you right? Razz
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:26 am

not only that asahi, new shaft also need to break in.. need our monster hitters to take it for a few whirls.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 am

@ Bro Asahi, just want to share with others my lesson learnt mah....ie go range to test first. As for strokes, I think many of our bros and sistas here are already of certain std...if anything I will ask for less stroke thats all......

@ Mizzy: 2nd hand lah..
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:31 am

oh yah.. got from nientsu is it?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 am

so Duval...after the long article...what are you saying?

in less than 25 words please. so the busy executive can understand...

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:37 am

[quote]
DGman wrote:

DGman[/quote
]

Actually only 9 words:
Embarassed
' IF change shaft, must go range and familiarize first '
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 am

DGman wrote:

DGman

He is trying to say:

"I got a good shaft, more confidence, more consistent... but still a beginner... so forget about asking me for strokes..." tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 am

Sir from what I read of Duval's emotional write-ups:

Graman Big Fish shaft SO SHIOK AH!!!!!!!!

Last edited by watermyforrest on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:49 am

after condensing the 240 plus words to less than 25 words...i now get the picture...

i have known you for more than 3 years Duval...you have to get out of self-denial...custom clubs for the seasoned begineers is better than OEM any day. that my friend is the absolute truth.

haha....have fun and don't resist the improvement that having the right clubs can bring about.

DGman

Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 am

boss, does that means that i can go to the den and get my #3 FW shaft change also ?...keke... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 am

you want story...i will give you story longer than Duval.

and this just happened about a week ago.

DGman
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:47 am

And you know what guys.... he does only HALF Swing for his driver. Imagine the distance if he did the full swing using the graman shaft. Scary....

Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:47 am

Quote :
daveaha wrote:
And you know what guys.... he does only HALF Swing for his driver. Imagine the distance if he did the full swing using the graman shaft. Scary....

aiyoh...Dave Dave Dave...

if i do anything more than what you term as half swing, I will not only need to 're=shaft' my spine, but also my hip, my pelvis and all other parts......then I be known as Robo-Golfer liao....

old body.....wat to do....just play with all these limitations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)   First time with new shaft (lesson learnt) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First time with new shaft (lesson learnt)
Page 1 of 1