Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?

Go down 
+14
slinger
Moonfruit
tohkh
duffader
botak
golfjoy
JonL_TK
eiji
Birdman
TheFocalPoint
PinkPanther
navik
mizzy
Duval_S
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? Empty
PostSubject: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Slowly but surely I am realizing that this game which on surface is pretty simple , where all one needs to do is to whack the bloody small dimple ball..............it is one of the very very few (if not the only one) which allows one to dress up.

As compared to other team games, you actually have choice of the color, etc etc

All this while I been very slack in this aspect......where I just put on the 1st bermuda I can find, and then any nike tees.....

Think I need to put in some effort in this part of the game too....

Wah piang...so many things to improve

Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 pm

you look ok what.. no different from the majority of us..
unless that means most of us dress slackly? Suspect

or is it just me? What a Face
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Can show some example of slack dressing and "put in effort" dressing?

Cos I also just put on the first pair of bermudas I can find Razz
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
PinkPanther

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Yes I do put in effort to dress well when I play Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 pm

In answer to the question of the topic : "Hell Yeah!"

This way, when i played like shit, i still look like i had a good game after the round.
hahhaa.. crappy logic i know, but aiyah.. bo pian la..

The scary thing is that i actually plan my wardrobe the night before, and this scares the hell out of my wife...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Bro Duval, however you dress, most importantly, keep it comfortable, go for breathable synthetics for tops and bottoms so you'll always stay cool and dry. The upside is that these fabrics don't need much ironing, the downside is if the iron is too hot, it'll be time to buy a new outfit. Cotton not very practical anymore since it just absorbs sweat and doesn't dry out.

Then decide if you want to be the gentleman golfer or the swashbuckling style maven. Simply patterned or solids in softer colours for the first, and abstract asymmetrical shapes in screaming loud splashes with bling belt buckles for the second. Mixing the two though, is a sartorial sin.

For fit, there is the way the Americans dress, looser fit like Dockers pleated pants paired with baggier Tees with sleeves that almost reach the elbows (Bubba Watson). Or the European slimmer fit, straight-legged or drainpipe flat-fronted pants matched with a more tailored fitting top with shorter sleeves halfway down the biceps (Ian Poulter or Camillo Villegas).

For me colourwise, I pick one or two favourite colours as a base for my pants (there are usually less designs and colours), then pick other coloured tops and accessories (for variety) that match well with the base colour. That way, I always find it easy to match my outfits.

Two colours, max three, in one outfit and you'll always be safe. Anything more (unless you're an experienced clothes horse), will be difficult to match and you'll risk looking like a walking paint factory explosion.

Hope I've helped.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 pm

Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? Nov8_poulter_459x600
Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? Oct31_stewart_357x600
Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? Ryo_ishikawa

I r likey Ryo's dress sense
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:57 pm

I love Payne Stewart's dress sense...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Jon you can dress like Hogan or Hagen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 am

I second that Eiji. He's one of the smartest, with his own unique dress sense, European flavoured Japanese, like fusion cuisine.

Rickie Fowler a bit OT in bright monochrome.

Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? Picture-1
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 am

Rickie Fowler... The Human Highlighter!!!
Love the ORANGE though...

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:22 am

ROFL Pefect tag for him Jon.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:31 am

wah....thanks for the tips Bird.

Just like going to church, one should dress proper....I too will bring that to golf fm today.

Will popby lukewa to see if there is anything next week....coz suntech now is so far
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 am

I was just telling a friend that you guys can look so good on the green. *drool* Cool
As for the ladies, not much choice it seems?
Then he commented, 'cos golf is a men's game to begin with. Razz
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 am

golfjoy wrote:
I was just telling a friend that you guys can look so good on the green. *drool* Cool

Not much choice??.... Do check out the Korean and Japanese ladies pro's dressing i.e. Momoko Ueda, Park Hee Young, etc. Heck, even Shin Jiyai looks smart and cute.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 am

golfjoy wrote:

I think ladies have a better selection of apparel. They have nicer golf shoes to begin with.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 am

Eh? No leh.... when I was looking for my pair of golf shoes, I thought the men's ones are nicer!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 am

golfjoy wrote:
Eh? No leh.... when I was looking for my pair of golf shoes, I thought the men's ones are nicer!! Very Happy

One brand you should try, Ecco for ladies, via internet. Cheaper and nicer. I also find Callaways for ladies quite appealing. Simple...... But i dun blame you for not finding anything nice in singapore cos the buyers taste are quite bad.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:14 am

botak wrote:

Not much choice??.... Do check out the Korean and Japanese ladies pro's dressing i.e. Momoko Ueda, Park Hee Young, etc. Heck, even Shin Jiyai looks smart and cute.

Hmmm ... somehow, I think it's got something that the person 'emits'. Razz
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am

golfjoy wrote:
botak wrote:

confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:20 am

golfjoy wrote:

Body Odour? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:24 am

Birdman wrote:
golfjoy wrote:

Body Odour? Rolling Eyes

Aiyooo .... uncle Birdman, 7 early 8 early crap huh? Very Happy

It's not the BO .. it's just the 'aura' lah Smile
If not how come you look so cute *nudge nudge* while XXX doesn't when both of you wear the same set of clothes?
It's that thing YOU have that the other person doesn't lah Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 am

I think the thing is just called 'fit'. Very Happy

Nothing special.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:52 am

silent

If u say so ...
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:54 pm

duffader wrote:

One brand you should try, Ecco for ladies, via internet. Cheaper and nicer. I also find Callaways for ladies quite appealing. Simple...... But i dun blame you for not finding anything nice in singapore cos the buyers taste are quite bad.

Dear duffader, thanks, you helped solve my problem. I had trouble looking for golf shoes which suit my wife's taste, after looking at this thread, I showed her the website of ecco and she found a few which she like, so we will explore Singapore's shops just to check out some designs and probably buy from internet.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?   Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you make an effort to dress up for Golf?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next