Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

top ten richest caddies in the world

Go down 
+7
nientsu
S70B
chocoman
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
ironfist
jurongtiger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

top ten richest caddies in the world Empty
PostSubject: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:28 am

The top 10 richest caddies in the world

No. 1

Steve Williams

His name: Steve Williams

Work for:Tiger Woods

Income:$1.27 million

No. 2

His name: Chad Reynolds

Work for: Vijay Singh

Income:$510,236

No. 3

His name: Jim MacKay

Work for:Phil Mickelson

Income: $445,821

No.4

His name: Tony Navarro

Work for: Adam Scott

Income: $443,548

No.5

His name: Damon Green

Work for: Zach Johnson

Income: $370,716
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:17 am

woah is this per month?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:35 am

ironfist wrote:
woah is this per month?

Bro... cannot be lah.. I think its per week
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:37 am

I would imagine as this per year or per career.

Their earnings are a percentage to the golfer's winnings.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:44 am

Yeah, this is their annual earnings and depends largely on how well the golfer does. If the golfer has a spate of bad losses or is unable to play due to injuries, they won't get anything.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:55 am

i am in the wrong line
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:08 am

chocoman wrote:
i am in the wrong line

no you are not. what makes u think u can read the line better than steve williams? Razz
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
chocoman wrote:
i am in the wrong line

no you are not. what makes u think u can read the line better than steve williams? Razz

i dun think williams really read tiger's line....

unless he asked for it...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:23 am

maybe...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:33 am

Has anyone tried caddying before?

I did it a few times back in my teens. Once for a big money match between my club members, once for a friend who eventually won a monthly medal and also for another friend playing in the Singapore Junior Amateur Championship back when there was still a Classic Course at Laguna National.

Not an easy job. Besides lugging their bag, u have to do the other tidying ups on the course WHILE keeping up with your player and not hold up play. They will also rely on you more to help read their putting line. Biggest challenge of all is to keep them motivated and thinking positive when they start hitting bad shots.

Thank god I have another day job.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:34 am

The only thing I remember about Steve Williams is his High-5s with Tiger. I definately think I can do that for half the salary Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 am

S70B wrote:
Has anyone tried caddying before?

I did it a few times back in my teens. Once for a big money match between my club members, once for a friend who eventually won a monthly medal and also for another friend playing in the Singapore Junior Amateur Championship back when there was still a Classic Course at Laguna National.

Not an easy job. Besides lugging their bag, u have to do the other tidying ups on the course WHILE keeping up with your player and not hold up play. They will also rely on you more to help read their putting line. Biggest challenge of all is to keep them motivated and thinking positive when they start hitting bad shots.

Thank god I have another day job.

I've only ever caddied once for my Dad. It was not easy. And my Dad wasn't using a huge tour bag. I don't think I was of much help. It's a tough job and unfortunately, most people remember the player not the caddie. It's one of those jobs where if you can be happy with minimal recognition, then you can do it. Otherwise, it's pretty rough.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:44 am

I read it somewhere that the PGA tour caddy will be invited to the course first thing in the morning to have a look at the pin position (before the first flight) and to have a feel of the green speed. I wonder if this is true.
Back to top Go down
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 am

Technospaz wrote:
I've only ever caddied once for my Dad. It was not easy. And my Dad wasn't using a huge tour bag. I don't think I was of much help. It's a tough job and unfortunately, most people remember the player not the caddie. It's one of those jobs where if you can be happy with minimal recognition, then you can do it. Otherwise, it's pretty rough.

For $1.27m I'll live with it thanks... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:46 am

watermyforrest wrote:
I read it somewhere that the PGA tour caddy will be invited to the course first thing in the morning to have a look at the pin position (before the first flight) and to have a feel of the green speed. I wonder if this is true.

I'm not surprised.

On a related point, Tiger is also a big early morning player and gets out to the course with Steve to play. Of course, this isn't on the day of the tourney itself but the demands on the caddie are just as intense as they are on the player.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

On the caddy for Tiger...I believe I had read somewhere in one of th ANZ press,that they rated him as one of the highest earning SportsMen in NZ....

Pls checkout the underlined term.......of coz, I have a different view if that is right term
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 am

How about the Former Nick Faldo now Henrik Stenson's caddy? As well as Jeev mika singh, both of them are laides and both this probs have big bags too.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:02 am

shotah wrote:
How about the Former Nick Faldo now Henrik Stenson's caddy? As well as Jeev mika singh, both of them are laides and both this probs have big bags too.

And carrying the golf bag isn't easy too.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 am

watermyforrest wrote:

not on the first day of play. p[ractice round yes.

i have helped done apga tour events... unless my memories failed me badly.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:44 am

So that means the pin position will remain a secret until the game starts?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:48 am

watermyforrest wrote:
So that means the pin position will remain a secret until the game starts?

That can't be. I'm sure the pin positions are displayed somewhere so that the caddies and players can mark their locations on their own memo pads / notebooks etc. I doubt they can walk the course before the tournament starts though so they'll have to rely on the information provided to them.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:56 am

everyone has a pin chart,

before each tournament, someone will come and measure the course and they will put the info down on a booklet. ( cant remember the name now). that's what the players' whip out from their back pocket,.

so u know.. where's the pin, but on the day of tournament, no one is allowed to walk the course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top ten richest caddies in the world   top ten richest caddies in the world I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

top ten richest caddies in the world
Page 1 of 1