Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swinger or Hitter

Go down 
+4
samT
jimmychoo
ginn
Khorkar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:50 am

Hi Pro's,

- How would i tell on my own if I am a hitter or a swinger?

- How can a hitter transition to become a swinger without swing change?

Hope you can help me.. many thanks,
Back to top Go down
ginn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:01 am

Khorkar wrote:
Hi Pro's,

pardon my ignorance but why do you want to change from a hitter to a swinger? just curious..
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:03 pm

ginn, KK don't even know whether he is a hitter or swinger so you can ignore his 2nd question. I think he is drunk when posting this question drunken

I also dun understand what's a hitter or swinger. I only know I need to swing the club to hit the ball. Does that make me a swinger and a hitter? confused Sleep
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:43 pm

KK,

Why do you bother with labels? Or for that matter, even thinking about transiting from one to another? You know one is better than the other?

Perhaps better to focus on finding out what equipment characteristics suit your swing. BTW, long time no see bro.
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Hi Pro's,

Khorkar

Based on my interpretation of your question and absolutely no knowledge about your swing tendencies, here are my ideas.

It has to do with acceleration.

Hitter- accelerates hard from the top of the swing, straight down into the ball with a club that reaches maximum acceleration before impact, and dies shortly after impact. The Chop. This golfer has a difficult time finishing the swing. Hits lots of fat shots.

Swinger- accelerates the club through the ball towards the target into a complete finish. The golf club has speed well beyond the ball and pulls the body into the final finish position.

It is possible to change from one to the other with out a swing change by simply understanding the difference between accelerating downward into the ball or accelerating outward toward the target.

We must accelerate toward the target.
Target Target Target.

Again, a difficult question without more information but that's what came to mind for me.

Reminds me of my last lesson today.

Last edited by punkrockpga on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey Brad,

Always enjoyed your posting and gives me clue to my problems.

You are dead right about fats shots and drawing your conclusion. The reason why I ask was because I am trying to find out if it possible for someone to have both types of swing pattern. When confronting to my own situation, I do have tendencies to do alot more fat shots when starting to tee off on the 1st hole. No matter whether its driver or hybrids or irons, I will always hit the ground first and I dont finish with follow thru. In fact, it has an awkward feel as if as though I am pulling the pull the club down. The outcome, lofted ball flight....err like Wedge Driver.. Smile

I thought the difficulties could be a case of not warming up enough. Ironically, both warming up or not, I still doing fats shots at least 3-5 holes at the start of a game. I had

Later at 6-8th onwards, things start getting better and I felt I am having better rhythm as I progress with the game. The swing start getting smoother that I felt that I dont need to push hard. I have good follow through and the sensation of pulling the clubs disappears.

I am trying to figure what I should do with swing pattern for the first 6 holes without getting any triple bogeys or doubles and survive at least the 9 holes with the least damage.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Yo SamT,
Yeah, lately have been crazy at work, i probably put in about 12-14 hrs a day just to clear email and all sorts of rubbish in the office. Anyway, give us a PM when you are popping the den...for kopi session.

Btw, Slinger offered 9-9 and I dare not even accept it.. But I did offer to wear skirt if he gives 1-2-3 tho.. lol!
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Take care man, there will always be more work ahead, need to balance.

Slinger gives you 9-9? Take lah. Mai tu liao. Just focus on bogey game. Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:44 pm

sam, where got 9-9.....real man dun take strokes for par3s lah

but i did offer him 7-7, told him we play for PCC...... but he..he.... aiyah dunno how to say
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Slinger, for KK, just give him 9-9 lah.... I will give him 1-2-3 if he wear skirt. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey.. I thought this was a "family oriented golf forum".... anyways, from the little that I know:
You are a swinger if you and your partner often go off and enjoy the 19th hole with other couples/flight mates....You are a hitter if you cannot take all the 'action' and end u hitting one of the 'flight mates'?

Swingers are usually welcome back to more 'games' but hitters usually go into the 'book of shame' and don't get return game invitations (your partner might though)...or you might get invited to the SM parties.

If it's more about the golf swing.. from the very few times I've seen Kk hit the ball, I think kk is a Switter, swing+hit... Switters still better than shitters...
Oh, btw, kk, i tot u talking lessons with jhan? Why don't you ask him?

albino
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Oh Master TSS,
I am worried now, he will probably call me shitter... ha ha. Planning to ask him but no chance to do so as he is on tour next 2 weeks and after that back to SG then 5 weeks of Tour. Our friend is busy.... very busy. On side line, may consult our Master on your thought my problems above?.....

Yo JC,
Long time no see you leh! Even if I ask Slinger for 9-9, no chance to get near his score... sigh...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:02 pm

So will you wearing skirt? cat
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:40 pm

KK, don't get over concerned with whether u hit or u swing lah, unless you are into TGM stuff. Then you can go read TGM and get farther confused with 3-4 barrel stuff.

Both styles can be equally effective. I think in layman's term it depends more on how you "power" your swing. Some (hitter) power more with the right triceps, using more muscle to press/push the club down and out. The (swinger) uses more centrifugal force, sort of the left side pulling through. Somewhat like throwing the short put vs. swing the hammer in athletics.

Don't worry so much about the swing mechanics lah, concentrate on how/where you want to ball to end up; then during the swing, try to understand what you body is doing and what the results are....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:44 pm

wah...Bro SS, though I am not KK, I am so intrigued by your ability to make something to be so uncomplex.

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

D, u will be amazed by his many abilities....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swinger or Hitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinger or Hitter   Swinger or Hitter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swinger or Hitter
Page 1 of 1