Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gunung Geulis 1 August...

Go down 
+4
fabulous
daveaha
Yarra
artchang00
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi Bro, unfortunately I have been posted outta Jkt since 2 years ago and am now located in Surabaya. RH is indeed an interesting course and very scenic too.

If you have a chance to be in Surabaya, will definitely join you for a game Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Yo Yarra,

did we played at Rainbow Hill?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 pm

blee2007 wrote:
artchang00 wrote:
Was thinking of that but taking full advantage of my reciprocal benefits. I get to play 12 times a year in each club at that kinda rate. Once I've used my up reciprocal benefits, I'll explore other courses.

BTW- met the owner of Rainbow Hills a few weeks ago and might do a round there one day.

Bro, I was told that Rainbow hill is an interesting course.. let me know when you played? Be keen to play there next time I am there too.

You go to Jkt often? Let me know. I'm there once/twice a month for a week. PM me and I'll give u my local mobile number. Or anyone who wants to play in Jkt, can PM me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 pm

artchang00 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
artchang00 wrote:
Was thinking of that but taking full advantage of my reciprocal benefits. I get to play 12 times a year in each club at that kinda rate. Once I've used my up reciprocal benefits, I'll explore other courses.

BTW- met the owner of Rainbow Hills a few weeks ago and might do a round there one day.

Bro, I was told that Rainbow hill is an interesting course.. let me know when you played? Be keen to play there next time I am there too.

You go to Jkt often? Let me know. I'm there once/twice a month for a week. PM me and I'll give u my local mobile number. Or anyone who wants to play in Jkt, can PM me too Very Happy

Sure, thanks. Next trip is likely to be 2 months away though.
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 pm

few nice golf course in Jkt, i usually play Royale ( halim III ) , Emerlada , Bogor Lakeside, Pondok Indah, Rawamangun ( my home course since young ) , Cengkareng, Riverside ( opp emerlada ), PSP, jagorawi golf course, pantai indah kapuk, etc.
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Wah, Rawamangun your home course ? Difficult and challenging siah....narrow fairways and very matured course....heard Pak Harto used to play there though.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm

DGman wrote:
Yo Yarra,

did we played at Rainbow Hill?

Yes, it was Rainbow Hill.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Finally, managed to play at the East Course of Gunung Geulis this morning. When they tell me it's HILLY, they really mean HILLY. Some holes are like different atmosphere altogether! So many places you tee off from high ground.

It is very nice and friendly to me cos there are very few water hazards except #8. And sometimes, the tees are so far off like #7 - the blue tee is 120m behind the ladies!

I played the same ball all the way from #10-18-#7 when at #8, I lost 2 balls. Then everything went downhill... mind over matter. Lost another ball at #9.

Paid for the second round at the West course but it started raining very heavy and lightnings, etc. so lucky, since it's before us stepping on the course, we got a refund. I paid Rp228k- with buggy, using my Palm Resort reciprocal. My golf kakis had to pay Rp768k for 1st round. 2nd round is Rp228k for all. Tues-Fri is Rp278k with breakfast. Good deal.

And it's only 45 minutes this morning and we came back in an hour, to Kuningan. So it's not as far as everybody tells me. It's worth another round.

Yes, we can see Rainbow Hills from there too. Love the hills! Love the views. Sorry- long story Embarassed
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 pm

artchang00 wrote:
Finally, managed to play at the East Course of Gunung Geulis this morning. When they tell me it's HILLY, they really mean HILLY. Some holes are like different atmosphere altogether! So many places you tee off from high ground.

It is very nice and friendly to me cos there are very few water hazards except #8. And sometimes, the tees are so far off like #7 - the blue tee is 120m behind the ladies!

I played the same ball all the way from #10-18-#7 when at #8, I lost 2 balls. Then everything went downhill... mind over matter. Lost another ball at #9.

Paid for the second round at the West course but it started raining very heavy and lightnings, etc. so lucky, since it's before us stepping on the course, we got a refund. I paid Rp228k- with buggy, using my Palm Resort reciprocal. My golf kakis had to pay Rp768k for 1st round. 2nd round is Rp228k for all. Tues-Fri is Rp278k with breakfast. Good deal.

And it's only 45 minutes this morning and we came back in an hour, to Kuningan. So it's not as far as everybody tells me. It's worth another round.

Yes, we can see Rainbow Hills from there too. Love the hills! Love the views. Sorry- long story Embarassed

artchang00, today happens to be a public holiday in Indon, that's why lesser volume in the traffic.....
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 am

Yes- you are right, yesterday was a holiday and therefore, traffic smoother than before.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 pm

guys, can I just walk in to this course.
I plan to be in Jakarta next week and might want to give it a shot if it's not a lot of hassle.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm

You can just walk into most golf courses in Jakarta. If you don't have your own car, better plan ahead. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunung Geulis 1 August...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2