Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gunung Geulis 1 August...

Go down 
+4
fabulous
daveaha
Yarra
artchang00
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Gunung Geulis 1 August...  Empty
PostSubject: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 pm

I am flying in on Sun 1 August to Jakarta and want to play a couple rounds at Gunung Geulis. Using my reciprocal benefits. Anybody playing that day?

From Airport to GG- how long does it take? This is Sunday... I should arrive around 8.30am and out of airport around 9am.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 pm

If you are lucky enough to arrive on time and get out of the airport at 900 hours, you should be at the GG course at 1130 hours. But I believe you should expect some delay and shoot for a 1300 hours tee off time, which is not so ideal.

It only gives you about 3-4 hours playing time considering the tendencies of rain at 4 or 5 EVERY AFTERNOON in that region.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Jakarta/Bandung/Bogor - always rain after lunch I noticed.

Regardless of what season, very high possibility of rain !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:32 pm

By the time u leaving airport around 9:30am-9:45am since sunday less traffic but to GG might have some delay near ciawi side sometimes traffic bad due to many peoples going to puncak or taman safari. Make sure you make some reservations in advance as weekend many member playing at GG. Make sure check your club after before you leaving the club. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:44 am

So, all in all... It is not a good idea to play GG in the afternoon. You'd be better off playing Cengkareng Golf Course (Soewarna) or Pantai Indah Kapuk since they are really close to the airport. Alternatively, you can play the Royale Course (around S$120 for afternoon tee time on Sunday) which is not too far away either.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks. Each time I'm there, I'm too busy to head out of town and end up playing the clubs in the area- Matao, Rawamangun, Halim 1 & 2, PIK and Emeralda. I thought I should try one in the hills since I've got a Sunday to burn.

All these clubs require minimum balls or I can play alone? I have reciprocal with PIK, BSD, GG and Sedana. Or is Sedana easier?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Sedana is even further out to the East. There are several road works along the way, it will be a hassle to go there and to get into the city. BSD is the more logical option, although it is not a mountain course.

No, you don't have to have a certain number of parties to play. You can just request a tee time and go there. Worse come to worst, you will have to join another people's flite and play with them.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Maybe you should try Halim 3 (Royale), the newest course in Jakarta. It is a nice course, close to the city. Again, not a mountainous course, but it is pretty challenging. Nice course, though...
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks Yarra. Royale's very expensive I heard. I'm just taking advantage of my reciprocal club benefits. Rp75k is cheaper than my own club!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Yarra wrote:
Maybe you should try Halim 3 (Royale), the newest course in Jakarta. It is a nice course, close to the city. Again, not a mountainous course, but it is pretty challenging. Nice course, though...
Hi Yarra, Agreed, Halim 3 is a good course to play. Looks easy but the score says otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 pm

artchang00 wrote:
Thanks Yarra. Royale's very expensive I heard. I'm just taking advantage of my reciprocal club benefits. Rp75k is cheaper than my own club!

Royale is about Rp. 750k for Sunday afternoon.

blee2007 wrote:
Yarra wrote:
Hi Yarra, Agreed, Halim 3 is a good course to play. Looks easy but the score says otherwise...

The trickiest part of the course is the green. You really have to have a solid short game to tackle the course. The green is soo fast and hard, the ball won't stop no matter how much spin you generate.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Yarra wrote:
artchang00 wrote:

Royale is about Rp. 750k for Sunday afternoon.

blee2007 wrote:
Yarra wrote:

The trickiest part of the course is the green. You really have to have a solid short game to tackle the course. The green is soo fast and hard, the ball won't stop no matter how much spin you generate.

Ya.. Tried once to chipped in to the front of the green, roll all the way to the back and out of the green and the caddy was telling me it was a slow green... Sad
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Slow compared to a few years ago when the course was just opened!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:05 pm

I played there last year. Looks like I need to go back there to play again.. Very Happy

This time round, playing at Cengkarang though.. Need to rush and catch a flight back.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Cengkareng is a nice course. Need to play from the back tee to get the challenge, though. Other courses that I like: Jagorawi and Emeralda. Used to like BSD, but not anymore. The renovation and 'upgrade' to the green makes it very artificial. Don't like it at all!
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:18 pm

BSD is now, upgraded to being artificial? Hmm... I was gonna ask how far is BSD from airport. I like Emeralda the best, especially the Plantation course. PIK- I don't like the smell. Matoa is too deep in and with the local traffic, waste a lot of time. JGC is nice and easy but narrow.

Again, I just wanna take advantage of my club's reciprocal benefits Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Never tried Emeralda. Should consider that the next time I am there.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Emeralda's Rp275- on Wed and Rp325- other weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:04 pm

artchang00 wrote:
BSD is now, upgraded to being artificial? Hmm... I was gonna ask how far is BSD from airport. I like Emeralda the best, especially the Plantation course. PIK- I don't like the smell. Matoa is too deep in and with the local traffic, waste a lot of time. JGC is nice and easy but narrow.

Again, I just wanna take advantage of my club's reciprocal benefits Smile

BSD is not that far away from the airport now that the new ring road is operational. Expect similar traffic counts to Matoa but the roads are much wider, so it won't be a problem. But yeah, the 'artificial' green is terrible to a point where I don't even wanna play there anymore unless I absolutely have to!
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:09 pm

I ended up at BSD yesterday. Maybe my standard is low and I thought it was OK. Quite wide. But it seems like it hasn't rain for some days so the ground is quite hard and quite a few brown patches.

Off to PSP on Wed and maybe Halim 1 (cos it's near office) Tues and PIK on Thurs/Fri... then no more golf for a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 pm

BSD Course... The layout of the course as a whole is great! I love it, actually. It's just that the green design is a let-down. I always hate greens that feel artificial. By that I mean a green with slopes that feel unnatural.

PSP and Halim 1... Never really like the course, nor the crowds.

PIK is good. I wish I can join you to play at PIK, but I have a tournament on Thursday afro. I do not think I can join you on Friday, either. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Yarra wrote:
BSD Course... The layout of the course as a whole is great! I love it, actually. It's just that the green design is a let-down. I always hate greens that feel artificial. By that I mean a green with slopes that feel unnatural.

PSP and Halim 1... Never really like the course, nor the crowds.

PIK is good. I wish I can join you to play at PIK, but I have a tournament on Thursday afro. I do not think I can join you on Friday, either. Sorry.

I'm going to be in Jkt next week again and my golf kaki made a reservation to play at GG on the Indonesian national day. We'll try to squeeze in both courses since we've got nothing else to do that day. I think my reciprocal rate's about Rp238k each round, all in. My friend's gotta pay Rp950k each round. That's over S$100 in savings each round for me!

PSP was nice with the hills and for someone usually losing 5-6 balls, I only lost 1 ball there and not cos I was hitting shorts. I like they have many security guards at almost each corner to keep an eye on wayward balls. Yes- the crowds... no dress code is one thing but at least the caddies and guard do keep the course in fairly good condition. Was hoping it to be cooler but it's like normal.

Unfortunately, I don't know what happened to my golf balls... the caddy never put them back in my bag. So, I lost 3 balls total there that morning Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm going to be in Jkt next week again and my golf kaki made a reservation to play at GG on the Indonesian national day. We'll try to squeeze in both courses since we've got nothing else to do that day. I think my reciprocal rate's about Rp238k each round, all in. My friend's gotta pay Rp950k each round. That's over S$100 in savings each round for me!

Hi, You may wanna consider playing at Nearby Rainbow Hill as well.....NICE !
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Was thinking of that but taking full advantage of my reciprocal benefits. I get to play 12 times a year in each club at that kinda rate. Once I've used my up reciprocal benefits, I'll explore other courses.

BTW- met the owner of Rainbow Hills a few weeks ago and might do a round there one day.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:47 pm

artchang00 wrote:
Was thinking of that but taking full advantage of my reciprocal benefits. I get to play 12 times a year in each club at that kinda rate. Once I've used my up reciprocal benefits, I'll explore other courses.

BTW- met the owner of Rainbow Hills a few weeks ago and might do a round there one day.

Bro, I was told that Rainbow hill is an interesting course.. let me know when you played? Be keen to play there next time I am there too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunung Geulis 1 August...    Gunung Geulis 1 August...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunung Geulis 1 August...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next